Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    He's dead.

Even Blizz wouldn't give us the same boss in back to back raid tiers. If he lives, then Mythic Archimonde will be retconned and we'd almost have to see a dual Eredar fight with both Archi and KJ in the Argus raid. I do not think that has any chance of happening.

When demons die, their soul goes to the Twisting Nether where they are reconstituted. If they die in the nether however, the rule is that this is not possible. So it would seem their soul is lost when this happens. Kil'Jaeden's body exploded. And given it was in the nether, his soul is lost. I doubt even Sargeras would be able to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    When demons die, their soul goes to the Twisting Nether where they are reconstituted. If they die in the nether however, the rule is that this is not possible. So it would seem their soul is lost when this happens. Kil'Jaeden's body exploded. And given it was in the nether, his soul is lost. I doubt even Sargeras would be able to bring him back.
    Wrong.

Xavius didnt just die. He was destroyed completely and utterly. Sargeras was powerful enough to reassemble his shattered soul, rebiild Xavius' body and then resurrect him.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he went to Belize with Varian and Guldan.

Quote Originally Posted by Haseth View Post
    I don't think we've seen a demon who was killed in the Twisting Nether or a Fel-Infused Area return before. I could be wrong though, so if anyone does know of any, then by all means correct me.
    Socrethar. But then, it's unknown as to whether Othaar ever existed in the main timeline, so we may have been witnessing his origin in WoD, and thus even though his death in Netherstorm might have been in our past, it could have been in his future.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Wrong.

Xavius didnt just die. He was destroyed completely and utterly. Sargeras was powerful enough to reassemble his shattered soul, rebiild Xavius' body and then resurrect him.
    Wrong, I believe.

Xavius was destroyed during the War of the Ancients by Malfurion's lightning.
    Sargeras snatched his soul. And inflicted tremendous torture before giving him a Satyr body.
    That body was consumed by a tree Malfurion grew out of him after he was shot by an arrow.
    That tree was corrupted by an Old God to create the Nightmare Lord and strike at the Emerald Dream.
    That tree's avatar was cut from the Nightmare with the Axe of Cenarius, and it's physical form once again shattered by Malfurion's power.
    Then he was resurrected once more in the Nether, as demons do. Now a Satyr holding the Nightmare's corruption.
    Then we killed that Satyr in the Nightmare.

So, nowhere did we destroy his soul. Sargeras tortured it within his grasp before it was a demonic soul, but that's something different than bringing back a demon from utter permanent annihilation in the Nether. So I'm not quite sure what the point is where you believe Sargeras did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Wrong, I believe.

Xavius was destroyed during the War of the Ancients by Malfurion's lightning.
    Sargeras snatched his soul. And inflicted tremendous torture before giving him a Satyr body.
    That body was consumed by a tree Malfurion grew out of him after he was shot by an arrow.
    That tree was corrupted by an Old God to create the Nightmare Lord and strike at the Emerald Dream.
    That tree's avatar was cut from the Nightmare with the Axe of Cenarius, and it's physical form once again shattered by Malfurion's power.
    Then he was resurrected once more in the Nether, as demons do. Now a Satyr holding the Nightmare's corruption.
    Then we killed that Satyr in the Nightmare.

So, nowhere did we destroy his soul. Sargeras tortured it within his grasp before it was a demonic soul, but that's something different than bringing back a demon from utter permanent annihilation in the Nether. So I'm not quite sure what the point is where you believe Sargeras did that.
    Wrong.

The point is that xavius' death was far worse than what happened to KJ. If it was trivial to rez Xavius, he surely can res KJ too. There is nothing in lore that says you cant rez a demon. Lore merely says they die for real if they die in the nether.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Wrong.

The point is that xavius' death was far worse than what happened to KJ. If it was trivial to rez Xavius, he surely can res KJ too. There is nothing in lore that says you cant rez a demon. Lore merely says they die for real if they die in the nether.
    You're not giving me much to work with here. I've laid out all the ways in which we killed Xavius, for you to tell me which death you meant.

Either way, his soul was never destroyed. He was never slain in the Nether, nor a place saturated with its energies. Those are the two ways to permanently kill a demon. It doesn't matter how the body was killed. The soul returns to the realm it is bound to, where they can be reformed. In that way, demons are much like elementals. Elementals work the same way. We killed Ragnaros twice on Azeroth, but he'd simply reconstitute in the Firelands. We needed to defeat him there, for him to be permanently destroyed.

If Sargeras had Kil'Jaeden's soul right now, he could definitely bring him back. But he doesn't. Kil'Jaeden's soul didn't return to the Nether when he died, because he died in the Nether. His essence is gone.

Some of the banter of some quest mobs etc has hinted at it being a little bit more difficult to bring back stronger demons. Not sure which it was but one was all "it will be some time, but I will return". I'm also not so sure if blizzard won't do a slight retcon here or has already done it. There another one hinted at Sargeras being the one that brings demons back or at least some kind of master, so it doesn't appear to be automatic. I could see blizzard just twisting it in a way that limits it all to only Sageras doing it on Argus, or this being at least the main place where it happens. They will want to keep some loop holes open for warlock pets etc .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    I had fully expected them, just not in the very first line with no warning. That's pretty bullshit and you know it
    Sorry but that is just plain stupid. And you deserve to be spoiled every time from now on.

Ultimately can never say never with Blizz. But that cinematic would indicate heavily that he won't be coming back in this game

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashRandom View Post
    A) We don't see him die, not directly. We see an explosion come from his last known location.
    B) His ending seemed completely out of character from what we've seen. Not to mentioned it was pretty subpar for such a big baddie.

This is from a guy who holds the title, <the Deceiver>, so is it really farfetched to expect him to be playing at a bigger goal. If there was ever a villain that Blizzard expects to trick us with a death, it only seems fitting that we were tricked by the Deceiver.

Now that... is just speculation and everything, so what I'm really asking is if there is actual proof he is dead, something that I may have missed.

He doesn't actually die on screen. It shows his skin start to crack, everyone dips out, then it shows a shot of the ship exploding. Furthermore, why did he randomly explode? Varian exploded as the result of an offensive spell, same with Gul'dan, but KJ? He just loses a fight and decides that he's going to roleplay as a bomb? I guess it could be his own spell as a last resort.
    He dies In a giant explosion, he's dead as he died In the Twisting Nether, the end.

Imean for one, he was badly handled. As you said, The Deceiver never should've taken to the battlefield Itself to me he's always the guy behind the scenes sending minions to do his work and then possibly... Deceiving one side or the other. He was handled poorly, If this Is his final death It's been handled badly, just like Archimonde who should've stayed dead back on Hyjal I don't care about the Interdimensional demon "We live unless we die In the nether" crap, him not dying on Hyjal still made our efforts In Warcraft 3 feel fruitless, as well as the whole "We don't need guardians anymore" after Med'an became the next guardian which was thankfully retconned.

Blizzard doesn't know how to handle story and characters anymore, that's what It looks like to me for the past 8 years or so.

This definitely Isn't a Revan situation In the foundry, where he uses Force Teleport to get outa dodge to be used In the next expansion In SWTOR... and poorly as well I might add.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Why are you all saying because he blew up, he is dead. Mannoroth has died and blown up like what 3-4 times now and he's probably still alive since he wasn't in the nether at all. KJ probably is dead due to the Fel/Nether criteria, but exploding doesn't mean anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    YOU READ THIS SPOILER???? I BET YOU DID, LOL, MEANS YOU DON'T ACTUALLY RESIST LOOKING AT SPOILERS LOLOLOL HYPOCRITE.

I agree, spoiler tags are so easy to implement, it's silly people aren't using them.
    Actualy i dont see any reason of using spoiler tag. If you dont want spoilers and are so butthurted by them dont go on spoilers forums and then cry because someone spoiled something to you.

Its your problem not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry but that is just plain stupid. And you deserve to be spoiled every time from now on.
    You're plain and stupid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    He's dead.

Even Blizz wouldn't give us the same boss in back to back raid tiers. If he lives, then Mythic Archimonde will be retconned and we'd almost have to see a dual Eredar fight with both Archi and KJ in the Argus raid. I do not think that has any chance of happening.
    How epic that would be. Flashbacks to Twin Emperors. Entering that room was one of the best moments in Vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    A) fucking spoiler mate thanks very much from everyone who hasn't watched the kill video or killed the boss in game
    He's a raid boss, we kill those.

Unless you honestly think we would let a supremely powerful Eredar general responsible for the corruption and destruction of countless worlds live.