Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really like the fantasy of Affliction, and enjoy its simplicity. I'd actually wanted to play Demo, but the rotation currently is no fun for me with the constant Demonic Empowerment spam. Affliction might need a few more nerfs, though tomb just came out so it's hard to say.

Taking aside if it's needed or no, at least Blizzard has been learning to use the scapel instead of the chainsaw.

I'M NOT AFRAID ANYMORE, BRING IT ON BITCHES LUL
    Thanks for the heads up!

the desolate host "issue" isn't really a problem, it's just a result of players being bad using data

WCL will likely introduce an anti-padding fix before long

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    the desolate host "issue" isn't really a problem, it's just a result of players being bad using data

WCL will likely introduce an anti-padding fix before long
    Will be several weeks at least. Am quite sure of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    It's not really that bad man, lol. If you get overwhelmed, roll warrior.
    I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm talking Wrath Afflic. It was worse then, way worse. It's nothing like this now. You have to pay a little attention to breakpoints but not like you used to. Tuned to being a little OP is better for the game than the way it was in Wrath.

Deleted
    Unfortunately if you give a spec powerful dots and nolimit to how much it can spread them you invariably end up with it being either a monster on multidottable fights, if you nerf it down to average on those it will be shit on single target unless you include a strong dot-multiplier like Malefic Grasp, which was brought in at 70% because afflictin's single target damage was absolutely awful in Emerald Nightmare on something like Ursoc (because are damage was dot based then as well)

It's entirely predictable and yet Blizz have done it over and over again through the game

The only other way to fix it woul dbe, I guess, have a powerful dot thatyou can only have one instance of, i.e. one you can'tspread.

Deleted
    Not really. Take a look at logs and compare ST and fights with any kinds of adds and multiple targets. Destro and demo are ahead on ST and afli wins on adds/multi target.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Not really. Take a look at logs and compare ST and fights with any kinds of adds and multiple targets. Destro and demo are ahead on ST and afli wins on adds/multi target.
    ^
    and if you don't know how to do that, Terryn explained it to you in his video

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Mad 'cause some pug padded meters with UA spam on farm content.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

People who use overall all bosses aggregate to argue balance should be taken out the back and shot, not literally of course.

Look at individual bosses and you see Affliction leading in only two of the fights, and the massive padding done in Demonic Inquisition is the reason it's artificially inflating the Affliction scores.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Yes. Aff needs to be nerfed by about 5% or so, which it will before Mythic.

and I will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Yes. Aff needs to be nerfed by about 5% or so, which it will before Mythic.

and I will be happy.
    Did you even read what's being posted in the thread or did you just look at the title from the front page and hit reply?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Did you even read what's being posted in the thread or did you just look at the title from the front page and hit reply?
    Yes, I read the whole thread from start to finish. Affliction is too good right now, has every tool necessary to be among the Top 5 in every counter. That´s bad and must be toned down, kept in control.

Deleted
    Unfortunately Blizzard base their buffs and nerfs around player perceptions as much as anything else.

I simply do not believe their decisions are objective and based on data.

They are justas likely to nerf affliction because of a popular perception it's too strong as for anything else.

Blizzard are like politicians.

Politicians are dependent on votes, Blizzard are dependent on subscriptions.

They are both therefore likely to make policies to please their support base, however contrary to reality those policies might be.

Politicians, for example, endlessly cut welfare payments because the public believe that there is widespread fraud and that the payments are too generous and too easy to get. Neve rmind the actualy data which shows fraud as being virtually non-existant and the payments hovering around poverty levels.

The same with immigration. The public think of immigrants as "too many foreigners" and "job stealers". Neve rmind the data that shows immigrants are still a small minority, and that they tend to be hard working and totake jobs the native population won;t touch.

We've got that here in the UK. Leaving the EU is just crazy, and the government is opting for the worst form of exit. Byany objective examination of the facts it is mad.

But the government have to do it anyway, because otherwise the voters will kick them out and electsomeone else who will.

It's all about appeasing popular opinion.

So another nerf to affliction would not suprise me at all. I never believed the "We want affliction to do the same damage as before" in the first place. Itis entirely probable thatthey will nerf affliction down to "normal" levels in multidot fights and not care atall thatit will make it Emerald Nightmare style garbage in the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I read the whole thread from start to finish. Affliction is too good right now, has every tool necessary to be among the Top 5 in every counter. That´s bad and must be toned down, kept in control.
    Except it's not in the top 5 in every encounter. Why not look at Terryn's video and engaging your brain? We are not top in some encounters that play to affliction's strenghts (eg Mistress, where ele kicks everyone's arse, presumably due to their spammable instant aoe, as with the eyes on Guldan, when in fam they died before seed even finshed casting). Sisters of the Moon is a terrible fight for aff because the phases kill our dots but it's doing quite well there because aff self-healing allows us to live where othe rpeopel are dying.

A lot of this is padding damage that you can't do in Mythic, and Desolate Host fight apporaches the kind of crazy shit cheese bordering mechanics abuse that we saw on Skorpyron

One reason aff is doing well right now is thatit;s highly mobile for fights people are just learning.

You talk as though aff has no weaknesses. Well you just try anyplace that has priority fights thtaneed to die quickly.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-06-23 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    People who use overall all bosses aggregate to argue balance should be taken out the back and shot, not literally of course.

Look at individual bosses and you see Affliction leading in only two of the fights, and the massive padding done in Demonic Inquisition is the reason it's artificially inflating the Affliction scores.
    Leading on 2 fights and always good, never bad. That is by dedinition too strong.

Every spec should have a weakness and a spec with strong multidots and op AOE shouldnt be that strong on pure single target.

And our affli pulled 1.2 and 1.1m on sisters normal and herpic, topping our charts by far. He is laughing at all the nerfs because he says affli is op af.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Leading on 2 fights and always good, never bad. That is by dedinition too strong.

Every spec should have a weakness and a spec with strong multidots and op AOE shouldnt be that strong on pure single target.

And our affli pulled 1.2 and 1.1m on sisters normal and herpic, topping our charts by far. He is laughing at all the nerfs because he says affli is op af.
    Affliction is middle of the pack in Goroth and sisters the pure ST bosses, I dont see anything OP about it. By your logic Affliction should be trash in ST then, might as well swap them out.

And calling for nerfs before everyone even has their full tier set is particularly retarded and screams personal agenda.
    Last edited by corebit; 2017-06-23 at 09:28 AM.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Except it's not in the top 5 in every encounter. Why not look at Terryn's video and engaging your brain? We are not top in some encounters that play to affliction's strenghts (eg Mistress, where ele kicks everyone's arse, presumably due to their spammable instant aoe, as with the eyes on Guldan, when in fam they died before seed even finshed casting)

One reason aff is doing well right now is thatit;s highly mobile for fights people are just learning.

You talk as though aff has no weaknesses. Well you just try anyplace that has priority fights thtaneed to die quickly.
    Mistress on Mythic will heavily favour Affliction above Ele because of mechanic changes. And even so, on Heroic Aff is in the Top 3 already on Mistress.
    Sisters of the Moon will also bring Aff well into the top 3 specs. Still too powerful.

Also warriors on KJ will need to be looked at. Having one class be so good at the end boss is not OKAY.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

Haha, that says more about the rest of your players than how good aff is.

- - - Updated - - -

Mistress on Mythic will heavily favour Affliction above Ele because of mechanic changes. And even so, on Heroic Aff is in the Top 3 already on Mistress.
    Sisters of the Moon will also bring Aff well into the top 3 specs. Still too powerful.

Also warriors on KJ will need to be looked at. Having one class be so good at the end boss is not OKAY.
    Thereare so few parses on KJ any attempt at conclusions now is beyond pointless.

Why do you hate aff so much? You do realise that any nerfs would make it "lol what's the point in trying" bad on pure single target fights, back to the good old days of Emerald Nightmare Ursoc/Nythendra, right?

The only realproblem here is that they gave us strong dots back, which become extremely powerful when you can spread them. Any fool could have predicted that.

Deleted
    I don't care about Affliction getting nerfed or not, but that guy in the video or anyone else saying 'middle of the pack' for any of those bosses is just straight up bullsh*t.
    The spec is in a great spot, I understand why you don't want it nerfed but then other classes/specs need to be buffed; feral, arcane, frost, fire, enhance, unholy, SV, BM, MM, Outlaw <----- see those specs? THAT is bottom/middle of the pack. Not top 5 on pretty much every encounter regardless of design like Affliction.

Why do you even bother, affliction is never op in this forum, not even before the 5% nerf.