10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    Even if it's manageable, it seems weird that Kil'jaeden will melee attack you for double what the Fallen Avatar will melee attack you for. I do agree that DK felt very strong for the first 8 (we decided to do split clears of Normal before we did Heroic, so that's just for Normal) and we'll have VB for every single dangerous mechanic in the entire raid, but I didn't enjoy getting melee'd for half of my health.

Note that I somehow put on the wrong equipment set for the last 4 bosses so I was using sub-optimal gear and legendaries for them, so YMMV.
    I think the bombardment shit hits a bit too hard. Definitely feels like a Soul of the Deathlord boss to me.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a 13man group on my Druid and the boss was melee'ing myself and the OT for 1.5m... either group-size scaling is super fucked, or Kil'jaeden got hotfixed lol.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

I did a 13man group on my Druid and the boss was melee'ing myself and the OT for 1.5m... either group-size scaling is super fucked, or Kil'jaeden got hotfixed lol.
    Most likely got hotfixed. That's almost certainly what the maintenance last night was for. (It sucks to be on an oceanic server when a new raid instance comes out, because theres always a maintenance to cut your raid short)

Does anyone know if Heroic Demonic Inquisition got a nerf or fix? Last night his some of his melee attacks were hitting me over 4 million (one swing was 5.1m) per swing. Looking at logs today though, he doesn't seem to be hitting as hard? Did I miss something (a mechanic), or has he been fixed?

I tried to link logs, but apparently I havent made enough posts to link them >.<

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honro View Post
    Does anyone know if Heroic Demonic Inquisition got a nerf or fix? Last night his some of his melee attacks were hitting me over 4 million (one swing was 5.1m) per swing. Looking at logs today though, he doesn't seem to be hitting as hard? Did I miss something (a mechanic), or has he been fixed?

I tried to link logs, but apparently I havent made enough posts to link them >.<

Any Ideas?

Thanks.
    If you're at 100 Torment you take 90% additional damage. That might be why you're getting hit very hard.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

If you're at 100 Torment you take 90% additional damage. That might be why you're getting hit very hard.
    Defenitly not Torment, the very first melee hit I took on the pull (00:00:02.9232)hit me for 5.4mil. And just to confirm, I did have a 10 stack of Boneshield up 00:00:01.648 gains Bone Shield

Im so confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Defenitly not Torment, the very first melee hit I took on the pull (00:00:02.9232)hit me for 5.4mil. And just to confirm, I did have a 10 stack of Boneshield up 00:00:01.648 gains Bone Shield

Im so confused.
    The more I look at logs, im convinced its been hotfixed. Of the logs I checked today (22nd) on average, it seems people are getting hit for substancially less then the tanks logged on the 21st . That goes for all classes. If I had to guess, maybe about 18-25% less.
    Last edited by Honro; 2017-06-22 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Im so confused.
    That's the best educated guess I can do when I can't look at the data, unfortunately.

The more I look at logs, im convinced its been hotfixed. Of the logs I checked today (22nd) on average, it seems people are getting hit for substancially less then the tanks logged on the 21st . That goes for all classes. If I had to guess, maybe about 18-25% less.
    How big was your group from the first night? I think some bosses had an issue where boss melee attacks were scaling REALLY hard with group size.

I agree with @Philondra that there was a hotfix last night that fixed this, since that bug with scaling also explains why @Tojara felt like Normal Kil'jaeden was easy while I thought it hit too hard. His group was 17 people and mine was 30, so his average melee attack (without Felclaws) was 3.1m and mine was 4.25m.

Maybe that was it... When we were doing Heroic Demonic Inquisition, there was 24 people in our group..

@Tehr

I took a look at your Kil'jaeden log, and holy moly--you got a lot of use out of Blood Shield. I'm unfortunately relatively mastery heavy, and my Blood Shield almost never goes above 20% of my healing done, while yours is at a whopping 21.21%. Its enough to make me wonder if it's worth reevaluating the value of our mastery for this tier.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic KJ wasn't that bad for blood.

Vampiric blood pretty much carries the claws, just pray that your OT taunts as soon as you hit 5 stacks because those melee attacks at 5 stacks hurt a lot. As long as you have VB up and have a death strike for most of the slashes, you shouldn't die. I would usually pop VB right after the first slash, and death strike for both the second and third, trinket for the fourth and DS for the final slash. On the next set of slashes I just used a personal with VB instead, and if I found myself without one I'd just ask for an iron bark. The ring will be pretty valuable on this boss, and I'd likely run ring and trinket for mythic.

Without rune tap I didn't really feel safe soaking the giant meteors. Honestly I think the value of the big meteors is way too high and realistically it's just better to always use immunities or cheat deaths to pop them. Paladins and BoP, rogues, mage, hunters and DH are nice to have. Given there isn't any real dangerous magic damage, soaking the little meteors is nice, and you can immune every second set of meteors with AMS.

Mobility still sucks but it really doesn't matter on this encounter IMO. A lot of the timings are such that if you're too far away to reach a void zone to soak (when not tanking), you can probably help split the shared line attack instead. The only real weakness is one that a lot of other classes have. If you position badly for the last phase, or your guild misses a singularity call, you will quickly find yourself dead and off the platform. Lots of classes can basically ignore this mechanic with charge or gap closing abilities. It was hardly an issue though.

Lastly while the second intermission isn't too difficult, blood is really nice on this for this portion of the encounter. We field two DKs, and one DK gripped one towards the center, I gripped another, and then I just centered myself and mass gripped everything on top of me. This basically meant we only had to get the buff from Illidan once, and the second intermission lasted like 16 seconds for us. Might be far more useful in Mythic when the knock back void zones spawn during that phase, meaning you want to get out of it even faster lol.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I know what you mean...

I'm 912 equipped (38% haste unbuffed, 26% crit, 9% vers), using the DMC trinket and I'm getting butchered upstairs. was thinking about changing to the extra marrowrend consumption on hits bigger than 25%. what did you change?
    Yeah, Spectral Deflection and also Purgatory. That and the Royal Dagger Haft plus legendary wrists and belt for more frequent Vampiric Bloods. (903 equipped, I think.)

Deleted
    My guild is taking it easy so we haven't delved into hc last night. So far in normal, only Avatar and KJ have proven to be a threat for my blood dk, but nothing VB can't handle. 911 equipped with shoulders/bracers and 895 haste stat stick and DMF. Some bosses sure hit hard tho despite being only normal.
    Will definitely consider swapping to legendary belt for some encounters, but I wish I drop the ring as soon as possible as I feel it will be invaluable on some fight in hc/mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by figuratively View Post
    Yeah, Spectral Deflection and also Purgatory. That and the Royal Dagger Haft plus legendary wrists and belt for more frequent Vampiric Bloods. (903 equipped, I think.)
    I'm getting meelee for 3-5 million per swing and my HP is just shy from 7...

I wish the belt would have dropped...but my legenderies ain't great ( aside from bracers)

I was thinking about the daggerhaft...which I vendored 3 days ago for being 865..

Thanks for the advice though, I'll change my talents as you suggested

one question though...the tooltip for spectral deflection says"further reduce the damage", but by how much?
    Last edited by leorana; 2017-06-23 at 08:30 AM.

one question though...the tooltip for spectral deflection says"further reduce the damage", but by how much?
    It acts as a second charge of Bone Shield, so the damage will be reduced by a total of 32% (36% if you're using the legendary legs).

I'm getting meelee for 3-5 million per swing and my HP is just shy from 7...

I wish the belt would have dropped...but my legenderies ain't great ( aside from bracers)

I was thinking about the daggerhaft...which I vendored 3 days ago for being 865..

Thanks for the advice though, I'll change my talents as you suggested

If you haven't used it recently, Blizz has an item restoration webpage
    If you'd like your dagger half back, just go and fill out the form and it'll be in your mailbox
    I think you can use it once every 3 months or so

I think it's down to once a month, now? Something like that, and you can restore multiple items when you do it.

I think it's down to once a month, now? Something like that, and you can restore multiple items when you do it.
    15 days :-)

got my trinket back so thank you guys. also, spectral deflection gave me some breathing space (at least until I'll hopefully get either the belt or the legs),

ty

10+ Year Old Account
    Tojara, tell your OT to update his RaidCDs WeakAura lol.

Tojara, tell your OT to update his RaidCDs WeakAura lol.
    Does your aura show when CDs are active?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does your aura show when CDs are active?
    No, but that's planned for the future.