Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    and how many hours would it take to get to maiden? and how many hours with your guild did it take to clear KJ?
    ty for reply
    Got to maiden in around 2 hours I think, few wipes here and there.
    Guild killed KJ in 3 hours and 5 min. Had quite a few 10 min talks about tactics as there are quite a few and people did not read up or seen any vids.

10+ Year Old Account
    if your that against grouping to do raid content, you shouldnt be playing a game like wow

and your $15 a month allows you to log in, not do everything you want whenever you want because you want to

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    if your that against grouping to do raid content, you shouldnt be playing a game like wow

and your $15 a month allows you to log in, not do everything you want whenever you want because you want to
    This. My money is used for access and upkeep. Not for me to demand what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Before LFR less then 20% raided
    Before LFR, close to 100% raided. Maybe not the latest shiny new raid, maybe just soloing raids from 2 xpac's ago, but still using the 'assets' as baby fresh content. 100%

I love casuals. You can simplify the game to the maximum, they will still complain that it's too hard/too much effort/unfair/etc.

Jtbrig just wants a one-click join-a-group button because he's too lazy to create a group. He also can't join a guild because he had loot issues in the past. What a surprise.

Deleted
    How is it special treatment to want the same content at the same time as everyone else?
    because you are not doing the same content. i would be more than happy to see both LFR and normal gated for this argument to come through.

comparing tourist mode to mythic or even heroic is the same as comparing a Ferrari to a Fiat. Sure, both of them are cars, but they are vastly different. So if you do not want to partake in what raiding is supposed to be and what the idea behind it is, you just have to wait.
    Last edited by mmoc1e91e35c21; 2017-06-23 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    because you are not doing the same content. i would be more than happy to see both LFR and normal gone for this argument to come through.
    To be fair Normal should replace LFR imo. It's easy but still punishes you. I don't mean get rid of LFR because it's bad but as I said a while back in this thread I just think Normal could serve the purpose better than LFR currently is.

The Entitlement is real. As so many have stated LFR is gated as a retention method. LFR was a disaster on it's debut since it allowed everyone to kill Deathwing, one of the biggest bads of all time, at 4 am, blindfolded. Pretty much at the click of a button. It's a game mode designed to let you win ffs. When you kill the final boss of a game your less likely to wanna continue playing it.

Blizzard has a done a great job tuning Normal mode to be puggable.

This is why I think LFR was one of the worse decisions added to the game. It's only inflamed an already existing wildfire of entitlement that the newer generations seem to have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    This is why I think LFR was one of the worse decisions added to the game. It's only inflamed an already existing wildfire of entitlement that the newer generations seem to have.
    Yeah. LFR and Arena are two worst decisions.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You have made ignorant assumptions about choice.
    Yes, there are plenty of things making pugging difficult, and they are created by the players running the pugs.
    Denying that does not change that fact that LFR is rightly removing player control from the entry.
    Again, NOTHING is stopping you from pugging. If you don't like how people run their pugs make your own and stop whining.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    As an update to my last post saying anyone can do it: myself and a buddy decided to go back in for the last three (Normal ToS), people in the group were doing 250k DPS (like more than one), we had a really nice group that wasn't raging or anything on Maiden/they just talked it out (Australia/NZ folks leading), once everyone got Maidens abilities down it was cake (maybe 2 wipes), we then went to boss 8, was a dps race so we wiped a few times after losing some dps for mechanics got that down, then KJ: we had to recruit a few more folks a heal to help me out (I was doing around 500-600k but it's nice to have someone else helping out heals besides people doing 200-300k lol) - we smoke that boss big time...

What I'm saying is: absolutely anyone can do it if I can (just avoid rage/quiters), Heroic I'm seeing most groups get the first three down in pugs, and almost all real raid guilds getting to maiden at least (mythic raid guilds EASILY full clearing)

LFR is gated due to the fact that people should be honestly running normal. If your iLVL is 900 (890 equipped), like the average in our group - you should have no issues somewhat paying attention and running a full clear if you REALLY want to see the content instead of waiting..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Yeah. LFR and Arena are two worst decisions.

In my opinion, LFR was added to curb the long standing players not being able to see content anymore because they didn't have time to raid.. Arena has been in the game since TBC/2007.. Arena has been a big deal since it was put in the game, it's one of the biggest pvp sides of wow. Just because someones terrible at arena doesn't mean it's a bad decision.

So you want 4 boss raids or no raids at all?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Listen, I think they should make the game mythic raid hardness only: that way only .1% of the game ever gets to see content ^_^ huehuehueeeeeeeeee

Deleted
    At this point and with the current loot system gating LFR the way they do is not needed. My $15 a month holds the same value as anyone elses, So why must my content be gated 2 months to please a small minority.
    You have already answered yourself: to stroke the willies of Hardcore Raidorz. Nothing new since Vanilla here.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Huh? IDK what you're trying to say here.

Raiding was prevalent way before LFR was introduced. Now it's even easier to do normal or even heroic thanks to cross realm (one of and probably the best thing to come out of CRZ, I admit) and the premade tab.

Hell, nowadays, normal has pretty much replaced LFR. It's way easier now that mythic is the top-end difficulty (3 tiers rather than 1 or 2). Almost anyone can get a group going and clear a normal, even now. I pugged ToS and killed Kil'jaeden on day 1. When people dropped, we'd post up in the premade tab and easily refill rank.

The best part? We got to find comps we wanted, we were able to easily get into a discord and communicate strategies and even cut up/socialize (our guild even got 2 pugs from the heroic run we did Wed night to transfer over and join our guild). We didn't have to really worry about people AFKing on trash or the whole time (because they knew they could easily get called out and kicked). We didn't have to worry about healers joining with the healing role to get in faster, then changing to dps spec when they got in. Honestly, nowadays, pugging normal is easier and faster than doing LFR.

I honestly think LFR has run its course and is now just a waste of dev resources. The only reason blizz keeps LFR around nowadays is so
    1.) Casuals with not a lot of time can see the content at a slower pace thanks to the entire raid being chopped into 3-4 blocks.
    2.) Bads who refuse to learn their class, let alone raid mechanics. The ones who usually get kicked in a normal pug after the first or second pull because they are just dead weight that brings down the entire raid. The ones who just want to smash their face on the keyboard repeatedly and get free loot.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Listen, I think they should make the game mythic raid hardness only: that way only .1% of the game ever gets to see content ^_^ huehuehueeeeeeeeee
    I'm not saying that at all, and I fail to see how you come to that assumption just because I said LFR is horrible.

Maybe Blizz gates LFR because, I don't know, they want people actually find other people and experience the content in a social method rather than just jumping into another queue right away.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-06-23 at 02:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, LFR was added to curb the long standing players not being able to see content anymore because they didn't have time to raid.. Arena has been in the game since TBC/2007.. Arena has been a big deal since it was put in the game, it's one of the biggest pvp sides of wow. Just because someones terrible at arena doesn't mean it's a bad decision.
    Arena is a terrible decision.
    https://www.engadget.com/2009/11/13/...ere-a-mistake/

5v5 has been removed. Next will be 2v2 and 3v3.

Like wildstar?

- - - Updated - - -

Huh? IDK what you're trying to say here.

Raiding was prevalent way before LFR was introduced. Now it's even easier to do normal or even heroic thanks to cross realm (one of and probably the best thing to come out of CRZ, I admit) and the premade tab.

Hell, nowadays, normal has pretty much replaced LFR. It's way easier now that mythic is the top-end difficulty (3 tiers rather than 1 or 2). Almost anyone can get a group going and clear a normal, even now. I pugged ToS and killed Kil'jaeden on day 1. When people dropped, we'd post up in the premade tab and easily refill rank.

The best part? We got to find comps we wanted, we were able to easily get into a discord and communicate strategies and even cut up/socialize (our guild even got 2 pugs from the heroic run we did Wed night to transfer over and join our guild). We didn't have to really worry about people AFKing on trash or the whole time (because they knew they could easily get called out and kicked). We didn't have to worry about healers joining with the healing role to get in faster, then changing to dps spec when they got in. Honestly, nowadays, pugging normal is easier and faster than doing LFR.

I honestly think LFR has run its course and is now just a waste of dev resources. The only reason blizz keeps LFR around nowadays is so
    1.) Casuals with not a lot of time can see the content at a slower pace thanks to the entire raid being chopped into 3-4 blocks.
    2.) Bads who refuse to learn their class, let alone raid mechanics. The ones who usually get kicked in a normal pug after the first or second pull because they are just dead weight that brings down the entire raid. The ones who just want to smash their face on the keyboard repeatedly and get free loot.

Edit:

I'm not saying that at all, and I fail to see how you come to that assumption just because I said LFR is horrible.

Maybe Blizz gates LFR because, I don't know, they want people actually find other people and experience the content in a social method rather than just jumping into another queue right away.
    As blizzard once said lfr justifies the amount of resources spent on raids.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

god forbid there'd be a drawback for people who cant even put in 1% of the effort to do a raid

As many have already said LFR is gated due to retention reasons and to give players a little push to do the "real" content if they want to see the entire raid in a timely manner. But clearly and without question LFR is gated to retain subscribers. So instead of clearing in a week you are forced to wait weeks if LFR is the only way you raid. And as a primarily LFR player I am OK, with that. I understand the reasoning behind it and I am okay with LFR being time gated. Granted I wish the time gate from lfr wing to lfr wing was max 1 week, but whatever.

To those saying "Normal should replace LFR". Sure lets do that when I can find normal groups that don't only want people who already out gear the normal level drops and groups that "link aotc"- find me normal groups that both on a consistent basis (and no the first few weeks of a new tier don't count) and then we can remove LFR. When you stop needing higher gear than what the normal raid drops in order to get accepted into a normal Pug run- then we can remove lfr. Until then , keep LFR in.