Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your logical fallacy is "Black or White"

You presented two alternative states as the only possibilities, when in fact more possibilities exist.

Also known as the false dilemma, this insidious tactic has the appearance of forming a logical argument, but under closer scrutiny it becomes evident that there are more possibilities than the either/or choice that is presented. Binary, black-or-white thinking doesn't allow for the many different variables, conditions, and contexts in which there would exist more than just the two possibilities put forth. It frames the argument misleadingly and obscures rational, honest debate.

Example: Whilst rallying support for his plan to fundamentally undermine citizens' rights, the Supreme Leader told the people they were either on his side, or they were on the side of the enemy.

I like the implication that a "poor person" has ever been in a President's Cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Money is a mark of success (not always the case though)
    For example, not the case with Trump himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    His key mistake among other textbook mistakes he is committing is to assume that political economics can be very well done by someone who's rich - or in Trump's world: experienced- and can run a business just fine. This is blatantly wrong but people will learn this soon enough. The price they pay for a government doing every textbook mistake in terms of governance.
    There is a reason for why both are different and follow different methods and use different formulae. A business runs on profit and public economy needs understanding of politics and budget balance - and that is something that can be done by someone who's "poor". It's like saying someone who does weightlifting and won prizes is automatically a good physician.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

At least he doesn't rely on Actors and Rappers for policy advise (Lucas, Oprah, Tiger Woods, Kendrick Lamar, many more).

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    At least he doesn't rely on Actors and Rappers for policy advise (Lucas, Oprah, Tiger Woods, Kendrick Lamar, many more).
    Kanye West, Ted Nuggent, Clint Eastwood, John Voight and freaking Amarosa is in his cabinet....

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Again, I know you are critical of them but you start with a false premise.

They aren't intelligent. They are in a position to specifically use laws created to benefit them. Full stop.

If X can legally charge 18% interest on a loan, but if Y did the same thing its actually a crime. X is a bank, Y is a loan-shark. Same fucking thing...except one is protected by law.
    You know I actually said, in the same post you quoted, that they are likely to do what you described, right?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You are explicitly shown the top lever earner and told to follow. It doesn't work when you try to con people by saying follow the poor.
    Exactly. I'm not taking advise from someone who hasn't eaten in a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

America went from a constitutional lawyer with political experience to someone who shouts at people on TV. Your argument is sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. I'm not taking advise from someone who hasn't eaten in a week.
    Uhm... I don't think you understand what you quoted. You are explaining how your gullible perception creates pyramid schemes and just about every financial con there is.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    No he relies on the embodiment of corruption and establishment instead which is worse.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    No he relies on the embodiment of corruption and establishment instead which is worse.
    This is a silly argument, with a guy who is most likely kidding. I don't think anyone seriously can defend Trump by blaming actors and rappers. After all, Trump is a reality TV star, who was featured at Wrestlemania. He was so obsessed with celebrity that under oath, he admitted to using a fake name to contact media in order to bitch that he isn't getting attention in the 80s. Trump receives a pension from the actors union, Screen Actor's Guild.

The whole democrats and liberals ties to celebrities is just bullshit. Off the top of my head, these are actors who actually held office:

Reagan
    Trump
    Sunny Bono
    Fred Thompson
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-06-23 at 01:55 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I don't mind that his economic-related posts are businessmen and billionaires. I can see a good line of reasoning for that.

I mind when every single person attached to a non-military post is wealthy or otherwise out of touch with what they're representing. His entire cabinet is a confused Nick Young meme.

Uhm... I don't think you understand what you quoted. You are explaining how your gullible perception creates pyramid schemes and just about every financial con there is.
    True, yet the concept that I'd prefer to follow someone who has made it vs someone who hasn't does not change.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, yet the concept that I'd prefer to follow someone who has made it vs someone who hasn't does not change.
    That's totally fine. If there were no marks, there would be no grifters.

The whole democrats and liberals ties to celebrities is just bullshit. Off the top of my head, these are actors who actually held office:

Reagan
    Trump
    Sunny Bono
    Fred Thompson
    Don't forget the cast of Predator.

- - - Updated - - -

That's totally fine. If there were no marks, there would be no grifters.
    Who do you follow? The 57 year old homeless dude who hasn't bathed in 3 months? I'm not saying it's the guarantee, just that if there are no other qualifications, money wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who do you follow? The 57 year old homeless dude who hasn't bathed in 3 months? I'm not saying it's the guarantee, just that if there are no other qualifications, money wins.
    I follow people based on their logic in discussing an issue. Being wealthy or not is completely irrelevant. It's why I don't park my car in front of Bill Gates house, screaming "I need an oil change".

I follow people based on their logic in discussing an issue. Being wealthy or not is completely irrelevant. It's why I don't park my car in front of Bill Gates house, screaming "I need an oil change".
    Which is why people mostly liked Bernie. I liked Bernie. He had the least money of the 3 nutjobs running for president. He brought something to the table, he brought requirements to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the cast of Predator.
    Unrelated... but, the first time I heard the word nigger, was at 8 years old on the way to see Predator in USSR. My friends, who were 15 and up, where talking about the actors in it. My friends called the black guy nigger, to which I responded with 'I don't think that's his name'. I didn't actually know what it meant until 3 years later.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why people mostly liked Bernie. I liked Bernie. He had the least money of the 3 nutjobs running for president. He brought something to the table, he brought requirements to the table.
    Why does the money mater? If Al Gore said the same thing, would it mean something else, since he is wealthier than Bernie? My point is that wealth as an indication of competence is completely irrelevant. You gain absolutely nothing in respect to ones validity of opinion, by that opinion coming from someone wealthy.

Why does the money mater? If Al Gore said the same thing, would it mean something else, since he is wealthier than Bernie? My point is that wealth as an indication of competence is completely irrelevant. You gain absolutely nothing in respect to ones validity of opinion, by that opinion coming from someone wealthy.
    Only when it is the only factor. If everything else is brushed aside and it's wealth vs no wealth, I'm going with wealth. Cuz we know Trump doesn't have other positive assets besides a hot daughter.

And I didn't know Russian's were that type of racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only when it is the only factor. If everything else is brushed aside and it's wealth vs no wealth, I'm going with wealth. Cuz we know Trump doesn't have other positive assets besides a hot daughter.
    No, not even when it's the only factor. When it's the only factor, you don't have enough information to make a choice.

And I didn't know Russian's were that type of racist.
    Not really racist, it was copying American pop culture. It was used in movies and music, with us just copying it, because we didn't know English. There were no black people in Russia, to be racist against. The first black person I saw in person was when I was 11.

Remember, one of the most followed people in history, wasn't rich. In fact, he was referred to as the king of the poor. Something about the meek...

Oh and I don't use the "n word" because that's insulting the intelligence of the person I am talking to. Just because I say that from now on, I will say A word, instead of ass hole. Shouldn't change the sentiment, when I call you a grade A, A word. It assumes the person you are talking to is a moron.
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-06-23 at 02:56 PM.