Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

M+ will be a pain these coming weeks

Until now, it was not really hard to get +10 for weekly chest thru pugs.
    But, this week I had so many failed attempts to upgrade a key. Highest issue comes at +12, I had 5-6 attempts to upgrade key at that stage, but no luck, its either dos or healing or tank issue.
    Also, was MoS buffed? Quite a lot of problems there, wiping on all bosses.
    Anyone has similar experience?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    In Maw, there's a fun bug with the second boss, where if a hunter uses multi-shot or anyone else an equivalent "cone"-ish attack, random mobs appear and swarm everyone.
    They kinda come out of the floor, more or less.
    Makes things interesting.

Don't. Pug. Mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Don't. Pug. Mythic+
    This is pretty BS, you can easily pug m+ if you know what you're doing. I pugged 18s, 19s, 20s, often before 7.2.5.

You just need to know what to look for, and not invite any ol random.

It will be easier to pug 15s when everyone is 930 ilvl but ya as of now it's very difficult to even get the 15 key. Had three attempts yield cathedral which everyone in my guild says is impossible on 15 tyrannical. Wish they would take the random keystones shit out. It's not fun.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Well, the coefficient went form 8% up to 10% per mythic level.

Yesterday we did a m+15 upper kara with tyrannical and volcanic, bring enough interrupts for shade as every cast he makes will bring everyone below 40% life, and pray you don't get flamewreath together with volcanic. The orbs at mana devourer tick for 1.3M per stack, and standing in the void zone ticks for 2.2M. Bring enough BRs, as having one player kamikaze pickup as many orbs as possible before he dies was the only viable way to do this. Pretty much cheesing the mechanics instead of playing it properly will be the most efficient (or rather only possible) way to clear higher m+ in the next weeks.

Considering how much more stamina alone the new gear has, it will take some weeks before you can "easily" do any m+15 with any affix again, but no doubt it is only a matter of time.

Mos was buffed in 7.2 already, the damage of the second boss was increased by 25% and Helya casts her barrage in p1 much more frequently.

Deleted
    Most dangerous buff to helya from 7.2 is the dot from tentacles imo. Fucks my shit up as prot warrior every time.

I've been pugging Mythic+ a lot lately since my guildies have kind of burned out by it and our normal core group isn't on as much. The most annoying thing now (especially with the new 15+ chest goal) is people expecting/requiring a high mythic+ score. I never pushed for doing high mythic+ keys that served no purpose other than epeen, I only did it for the max weekly chest. This does not produce a good mythic+ score so its harder to get into pugs. I did manage to get 15/14's done on most of my chars this week, just takes longer since groups are a lot pickier ... but I expect that to go away once our gear is better and ilvl is inflated to make the runs easier.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Most dangerous buff to helya from 7.2 is the dot from tentacles imo. Fucks my shit up as prot warrior every time.
    Holy god, yes. I was in a +12 last night and I warned the healer ahead of time, but he must have thought I was kidding or something.

Then of course I got the "reroll a better class, lol" shit from the rest of the group, so that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Until now, it was not really hard to get +10 for weekly chest thru pugs.
    But, this week I had so many failed attempts to upgrade a key. Highest issue comes at +12, I had 5-6 attempts to upgrade key at that stage, but no luck, its either dos or healing or tank issue.
    Also, was MoS buffed? Quite a lot of problems there, wiping on all bosses.
    Anyone has similar experience?
    I just reread your post, were you in my group last night?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Pro tip: You can spell reflect the dot back into it for some mad damage

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I never thought one sentence could make me this excited, but here I am.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

i don't see the problem - if you get COEN just reset the instance and drop the key until it's doable and get a new key? It's a bit harder, but we were doing 19/20's pretty consistently before the patch. most of my guildees have 15+ (17's mostly) already done.

But yeah, pugging it is becoming a problem, unless everyone completely overgears it. From things like Pull strategy to just simply flow -i won't pug anything over a 10. whereas before the patch i was pugging 13-14's quite often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I never thought one sentence could make me this excited, but here I am.
    OK so I will make a good day for you then:

Neltharion's Lair: you can reflect Sunders on 2nd boss and Magma something on the Last boss
    Black Rook Hold: you can reflect big AoE frontal cone on the first boss (but you will still get the debuff)
    Upper Kara: you can reflect Arcane Missles on Shade for really good damage and also you can reflect first 2 dot casts on the last boss if you use it in the last moment
    CoEN: You can reflect the big AoE thing on the boss before the Last one that everyone needs to stack in the shield to not get killed (it deals MASSIVE damage, reflectable :> )
    Maw: First boss, Dark Slashes are reflectable

And the best part:
    ToS: Goroth (1st boss) you can use spell reflect before Molten Armor to completly ignore that mechanic (you won't get the debuff)

Neltharion's Lair: you can reflect Sunders on 2nd boss and Magma something on the Last boss
    Black Rook Hold: you can reflect big AoE frontal cone on the first boss (but you will still get the debuff)
    Upper Kara: you can reflect Arcane Missles on Shade for really good damage and also you can reflect first 2 dot casts on the last boss if you use it in the last moment
    CoEN: You can reflect the big AoE thing on the boss before the Last one that everyone needs to stack in the shield to not get killed (it deals MASSIVE damage, reflectable :> )

And the best part:
    ToS: Goroth (1st boss) you can use spell reflect before Molten Armor to completly ignore that mechanic (you won't get the debuff)
    I knew you could mitigate the Dark Slash in Maw, I didn't know it reflected though. Thanks for them all!

I am so glad I have a competent guild. Makes M+ weekly cache way less of a headache.

Deleted
    Damn. You still need your dps not to be fucktards once the spell reflect wears off, but that's some good ass shit here. Thanks !

And the best part:
    Knew about the single target ones, always seems weird to reflect aoe stuff ahah. Good to know !
    Last edited by mmoc9bf1303bee; 2017-06-23 at 03:41 PM.

Think its gonna be a lot harder next week, These are one of the easier affix combos (raging+volcanic). Raging can get dangerous at certain points but without fortified its still easy. Volcanics annoying but not hard to deal with.

Next week its teeming explosive fortified. With bolstering grevious tyrannical the week after, thats gonna be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Think its gonna be a lot harder next week, These are one of the easier affix combos (raging+volcanic). Raging can get dangerous at certain points but without fortified its still easy. Volcanics annoying but not hard to deal with.

Next week its teeming explosive fortified. With bolstering grevious tyrannical the week after, thats gonna be fun.
    Next week seems easy, just harder/more trash and can't pull multiple packs because of explosive. Doing 15+ with Tyrannical is the tough part right now until we have the gear. I do not look forward to Bolster / Grevious / Tyrannical ... pray for your healers.

DPS should really consider using Prydaz during these Tyrannical weeks, it helps avoid one shot deaths and it's worth it. Most healers already use it, especially in Mythic+.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-06-23 at 05:46 PM.

Deleted
    Seems to me they buffed M+ too much. Six different dungeons , all +12 and wipefest, with 915ilvl groups.
    This needs nerf. Not only Blizzard upped max weekly reward to +15, they also buffed bosses and scaling from 8% to 10% per key level.

Yeah M+15 can be a bit rough. we did a 14 HoV without much issue but the 15 BRH after was interesting. Our healer (druid) had to go into bear form and stack all cd's on himself to survive the first shadowbolt volley from the final boss (before you get the HP buff) or he would get 1 shot.

The difficulty isnt that big of a deal tho. Over the coming weeks our Ilvl will go up a fair bit and scaling is still off the charts.
    Before long M15 now will be as easy as 10's were 2 weeks ago.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death