10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Can I ask anyone still having issues with the DX11 Client on PC? Only setting that works normally and lets me tab out properly is Windowed but I hate Windowed mode.
    I'm playing on DX11 full screen, only way to tab out is Windows + D, but it doesn't minimize the game - simply shrinks the window, but at least I can do other stuff, like browse forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    SAM is fun and it really kicks into gear once you hit 62 especially if you are hitting your positionals.
    Yeah, I suspect I'll be bouncing back and forth between RDM and SAM this weekend to feel them out more. I played more RDM this morning before work and had the urge to swap over to SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'm playing on DX11 full screen, only way to tab out is Windows + D, but it doesn't minimize the game - simply shrinks the window, but at least I can do other stuff, like browse forums.
    I tabbed out and I had to kill the game via Task Manager. Just gonna stick to DX9 till they get their shit together methinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tabbed out and I had to kill the game via Task Manager. Just gonna stick to DX9 till they get their shit together methinks.
    Don't expect that anytime soon, been like this for as long as I can remember.

Don't expect that anytime soon, been like this for as long as I can remember.
    Aye and it's kind of weird they haven't yet they are trying to push that client on users a little.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Crit got nerfed and det got buffed. I wonder how that will work out.

I'm gemmin mostly crit on my rdm but I feel like it's such a small % increase... I think I'm gonna compare a full SS, full Crit, Full det etc on a dummy and see the dps difference.
    Looks like for 1% crit it will take 108.5 crit points at 70.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I ask anyone still having issues with the DX11 Client on PC? Only setting that works normally and lets me tab out properly is Windowed but I hate Windowed mode.
    I play DX11 with borderless (fullscreen) windowed mode. I usually play borderless windowed in most games but I use it in FFXIV because I use Reshade and you can't use it with fullscreen. Also you can't run ACT (afaik) in fullscreen mode.

Looks like for 1% crit it will take 108.5 crit points at 70.

- - - Updated - - -

I play DX11 with borderless (fullscreen) windowed mode. I usually play borderless windowed in most games but I use it in FFXIV because I use Reshade and you can't use it with fullscreen.
    I tried Borderless and it was even worse. But meh I'm happy using DX9. Can't really tell the difference personally.

What was said in what you quoted was that parties who claim to know what they are doing and instead of doing so consistently mess up and waste everyone's time is a pain in the ass. Especially when it's a "no bonus" party and yet the leader has a bonus.
    It's human nature as well as the way of the Internet to say whatever you have to in order to get to your goals ASAP. You should pretty well expect at least one person is going to lie about having cleared it, especially this early in the content cycle. People want things to be done as fast as possible and with as little effort as possible on their end. Some go about it by making sure they know what they're doing; some go about it by expecting everyone else to do it for them.

Not meant as a critical response, or justification of said behavior. Just my observation on the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    On this dark.. well, actually sunny day, I got grim reminder of rested exp bars end.

Let's see if rested exp ends before I get to 70, so far gotten 7 levels during it.

If I had a dollar for everytime my character pounded his fists together during a cutscene in MSQ

Played SCH, holy shit it's boring. Boosted a BRD, not my thing. I'll be back in 4.1 when I can boost a paladin or AST

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    If I had a dollar for everytime my character pounded his fists together during a cutscene in MSQ
    If i had a penny for everytime they do that stupid emotionless nod

Has anyone used one of these discord bots for their discord servers? My friend just sent me this one, because I told him I wanted a better way to alert my FFXIV friends when we're doing stuff we scheduled, but I've never used it before. Does anybody have experience with these, or know of any better ones?

I'm so happy the Ebisu Catfish is a Hunt mark. I HATE the way those derpy fucking things look and I'm enjoying murdering them for fun and profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still a damn sight better than Parry. Least it's worthwhile.
    It's actually very interesting, because from a stat perspective Stormblood is very similar to WoD.

Removal of Hit/expertise/accuracy

Removal of Parry/Dodge (They can burn in hell too.)

Added stat that deals additional damage on hit.

Added a stat that just flat out increases your survival and damage.

All of which are changes I personally approve of, my only concern is the lifespan of Direct hit, Multi strike did not live past the expansion it was added in. Multi Strike was also just crit with a different name though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted
    It's really difficult to say which offstat is the best right now.
    Skillspeed increases autoattack speed now, det got buffed, directhit is basically another crit, and crit is crit+critdamage.
    In SAMs case, skillspeed will also increase Kenki generation and thus increase the amount of high potency attacks.

My guess is that they are pretty close for certain classes right now, yet DRG will probably not benefit from Skillspeed as much as other classes that actually have a ressource they can build/spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Just got back into the game tonight, played for the first time in like a year, and I think I'm loving the RDM. I was expecting to fall in love with SAM but idk...not really feeling the play style. Maybe I just need to give it more time. RDM is cool, though. Love the transition to melee. Quite flashy.
    Its the mage dream of saying "y'know what i've had enough" and beating the shit out of the enemy and actually doing real damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, yeah - Ixion spawned and whole zone got disconnected, back to queue I go.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, yeah - Ixion spawned and whole zone got disconnected, back to queue I go.
    No one probably had any Stygian Ash anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one probably had any Stygian Ash anyway.
    We had, and it got used - person who used it apparently plans to open ticket about it.

I got to boss area, started fighting it and out of nowhere disconnect icons started to spread like plague. Had around ~1000 players in same instance.