Poll: What expansion do you think is most likely to take place after legion?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Would not have any build up towards an old god expansion like Legion has.
    WoD had no build up except for Kairoz and Iron Stars. Tthe allusions to Naga and Old Gods in "The Blank Scroll" match that.

Either way, discussing build up is irrelevant. If she were simply waiting for us to be off-planet, she's had two opportunities.

I think a troll expansion makes the most sense. We haven't had trolls since MoP. Theres a troll book coming out. If they go straight for N'zoth, Azshara, and the void lords, it won't be long before they have to come up with another villain.

I guess we will get an Old god x-pack.
    But I kinda want an south seas x-pack next, a bit more chill with no giant main villian ect, kinda like mop-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I think a troll expansion makes the most sense. We haven't had trolls since MoP. Theres a troll book coming out. If they go straight for N'zoth, Azshara, and the void lords, it won't be long before they have to come up with another villain.
    This or Old Gods make the most sense, especially since we 'know' the next novel is about the Arathi Troll Wars.

I see us getting an Old God/Naga/Sea expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    WoD had no build up except for Kairoz and Iron Stars. Tthe allusions to Naga and Old Gods in "The Blank Scroll" match that.

Either way, discussing build up is irrelevant. If she were simply waiting for us to be off-planet, she's had two opportunities.
    Blizzard would have a difficult time trying to tie WoD to the naga and old god expansion the way they were going throughout the duration of WoD. It makes a lot more sense to go from Warlords to Legion expansion cause that was more inevitable the old gods expansion rather than warlords to an old gods expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Blizzard would have a difficult time trying to tie WoD to the naga and old god expansion the way they were going throughout the duration of WoD. It makes a lot more sense to go from Warlords to Legion expansion cause that was more inevitable the old gods expansion rather than warlords to an old gods expansion.
    Again, you're ignoring the fundamental point here. You claimed that Azshara would find it an opportune time to strike because we're off-planet. Why hasn't she acted at all in the two opportunities she's had thus far?

This isn't about tying things in, that's you trying to veer off-topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Voted "other". I hope its another "horde leader becomes insane and needs to be put down" expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Voted "other". I hope its another "horde leader becomes insane and needs to be put down" expansion.
    You know which Horde leader is next on the chopping block, though. Do you really want to enable that particular poster?

At level 102 we will be at Wyrmrest. I'd say infinite dragonflighr xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    You know which Horde leader is next on the chopping block, though. Do you really want to enable that particular poster?
    Be it day or night, winter or summer, there is always time for sylvanus thread.

I really think now is the time for an Old Gods/Nagas expansion! But Blizzard has surprised me everytime since Cataclysm so... wait and see I guess.

There are a lot of hints that the next expansion will be Azshara and N'Zoth set in the South Seas. Furthermore, they've started building up Bolvar and the influence of Yogg-Saron, so I'm predicting the following expansion will be Bolvar, the Scourge combined with a reanimated Black Empire, and the "Sha" of C'thun, Yogg-Saron, and N'Zoth, possibly set in a "Hollow Earth/Azeroth" setting or a brand new continent.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I hope is an Azshara expansion. And with that I mean a couple of raids fighting people shouting her name and how she's right behind the corner and still when the expansion is done we have seen no traces of her.

At the end of the final cinematic there should be an epic cliffhanger with a guy popping out of nowhere saying Azshara is coming for us all but the next expansion would have have no actual mention of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Old god, naga and void lord all in one? Were just not fighting the void lords directly yet.

It will be the expac where we fight to purify Azeroth with the light while the old gods/void lords try to finish corrupting it with shadow. It will end with the titan Azeroth being born all holy and such, empowering us as her army of light.

Last expac is where we go into the cosmos to take out the void lords. I predict they either corrupt sargeras and there's the cosmic duel of light/shadow in sargeras vs azeroth, or there's another titan egg planet they've corrupted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Old god, naga and void lord all in one? Were just not fighting the void lords directly yet.

It will be the expac where we fight to purify Azeroth with the light while the old gods/void lords try to finish corrupting it with shadow. It will end with the titan Azeroth being born all holy and such, empowering us as her army of light.

Last expac is where we go into the cosmos to take out the void lords. I predict they either corrupt sargeras and there's the cosmic duel of light/shadow in sargeras vs azeroth, or there's another titan egg planet they've corrupted.
    I'm pretty much on-board with the idea that Old Gods and Naga will be condensed into a single expansion, so as to keep some sense of variety and have content ideas available to be pursued by the developers. Void lords would probably make cameos here and there if that were the case but we wouldn't be facing them directly.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

I want something that catches by surprise like MoP as well as an expansion that will revamp or at least send us across the world, because we need something that'll put the World back in World of Warcraft.

This would be the perfect time to revamp the entire game into WoW 2.

After all these world threatening villains can we get a chill expansion? if we keep using "the world gonna end if we dont do this "theme , it gonna lose its importance ,maybe after we are done by legion we get to go and do some chill adventuring instead of killing gods and titans and big demons one after another !

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    After all these world threatening villains can we get a chill expansion? if we keep using "the world gonna end if we dont do this "theme , it gonna lose its importance ,maybe after we are done by legion we get to go and do some chill adventuring instead of killing gods and titans and big demons one after another !
    Yeah, something along MoP lines (minus the pandas), something fun and apparently harmless, maybe subtly setting up important stuff for the future (even though subtlety ain't Blizzard's forte but hey, a man can dream).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.