Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    My body, my choice. That's how it goes, right?
    Yeah, because no one around you is affected by smoke coming out of your mouth and cig...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, because no one around you is affected by smoke coming out of your mouth and cig...
    :3c

I see, my mistake.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Banned heavily in USA where you can smoke, would take a long time for it to be illgeal because of of tax money and tobacco lobbyist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    you seem to think all smokers are horribly addicted and want to quit.
    Nicotine is highly addictive. "Google better."

Some want to quit and struggle, but you're ignoring the ones that actually want to smoke, that don't give a shit.
    They've no obligation to give a shit. Obviously, you shouldn't smoke around others, if even only out of courtesy, but you're blowing the entire second-hand smoke way the fuck out of proportion. And "third-hand" smoke? Now you're just being stupid. "Google better."

Vaping is in some ways worse than smoking. Because we don't know whats in many vaping products, the companies that make them have worked hard to keep the contents vague and in some cases not disclose them at all. We don't even know how harmful vaping is, but we do know it's still harmful.
    This is clear evidence you've no fucking clue what you're talking about. Sure, there are some sketchy brands of e-liquids out there, but most people avoid them and so they eventually fade into obscurity. Any company that manufactures e-liquid and wants to be successful brags about the contents of their e-liquid because the purity determines the viability of their product. And seriously, vaping is literally hundreds of times better than smoking. Again, "Google better."

Agreed.

Smoking needs to be banned, as well as alcohol and sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Smokers on our company health plan. Gotta pay 100 extra bucks a month if they smoke. Personally I'm all for banning smoking at a job. I got tired of people ducking out to smoke up.
    OMFG i hated that at my old job when i was teen, it was outdoor customer food service, as soon as a rush was over EVERY one who smoked would spend ~10mins in the back smoking and relaxing while me and a few other non smokers had to do all the work while it was slow.

My manager at my other job tried to write me up for taking 5 min breaks outside, told him if he can stand outside and smoke for 5 mins i can stand outside and breath for 5 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Agreed.

And sex, and anything edible that's not from Pizza Hut :_D

Oh, and toilet paper...those seashells are much more cleaner to use!

It's on it's way out, most places have banned indoor smoking a lot of places have banned smoking outside premises,

I think it's Denmark who have had the best idea (forgive me I don't remember the exact details) But I believe they've made it illegal for anyone past a certain Birthdate to buy tabacoo, so right now anyone who is close to smoking age (look at you school boys behind the bike shed) or have started, it will have no impact. But the younger generation will be out right banned from buying it, sure some will get their hands on it through one means or another, but it's a massive step towards a smoke free country,

Might not be denmark btw, it was a good year ago I think I read it, infact on this forums I believe the source was psoted

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Agreed.

Sports too. All them reckless players getting injured for others entertainment.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Its a billion dollar industry and it has been embedded in social norms for several decades. Its like whats said in plenty of places, if alchohol was invented today it would never be legalized, same goes for smoking.

It's sad that it isn't, smoking is one of the most disgusting things a person can do.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    It's sad that it isn't, smoking is one of the most disgusting things a person can do.
    Christians would say gay sex is the most disgusting thing a person can do. I'm glad you and them don't get your way.

I'm not a smoker, btw. Just don't like freedoms being restricted or rescinded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Where? Is there a stream of people parading through my truck and back yard?
    Because the smoke just magically disappears once you can't see it anymore. It doesn't coat every fucking thing in the vicinity.

Smokers also believe in fairies.

Deleted
    I haven't been arguing my policy of telling smokers to fuck off when they bother me should be government policy. But envision yourself waiting for a bus with your daughter, and some dick lights up near you, do you go up to them and say "I want to help you" and give him some leaflets on nicotine addiction?
    The irony is that bus creates a health hazard with it pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    This is clear evidence you've no fucking clue what you're talking about. Sure, there are some sketchy brands of e-liquids out there, but most people avoid them and so they eventually fade into obscurity. Any company that manufactures e-liquid and wants to be successful brags about the contents of their e-liquid because the purity determines the viability of their product. And seriously, vaping is literally hundreds of times better than smoking. Again, "Google better."
    Who is independently testing these products?

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk bout you but fuck cigarettes. Smoke weed and stay semi-healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Or you know, link your damn sources. You made the ridiculous claim.
    Not him, but have you ever been in the residence of a smoker?

Everything is covered in a yellow thick substance, that's particles from the tobacco. You can also smell it. If you can smell it, it means particles are entering your nose (and heading for your lungs).

It doesn't take a study to draw the conclusion that hanging around people who smoke, forces you to inhale particles that are extremely effective at causing many types cancer. And just because you can't see the yellow residue doesn't mean it isn't there. It's like an aura of death around every smoker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    The irony is that bus creates a health hazard with it pollution.

Busses are equipped with particle filters that are specifically designed to minimize the emitted particles. Yes, a fucking lot of them. It's the particles that's a problem, not the general exhaust and almost all of them are trapped in the filter and burned off when certain engine conditions are met.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Christians would say gay sex is the most disgusting thing a person can do. I'm glad you and them don't get your way.

I'm not a smoker, btw. Just don't like freedoms being restricted or rescinded.
    Well gay sex certainly is disgusting too.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Coming from the opinion of an ex-smoker. It needs to be banned in all public places.

I don't want to smell your fucking smoke.
    Except it very nearly is already. Where I live you can't even smoke in parks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Well gay sex certainly is disgusting too.
    But why? Butts are fun.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Not sure how this is relevant. I mean, most manufacturers willingly send their products to independent labs to prove their products are pure. Google a bit, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Because the smoke just magically disappears once you can't see it anymore. It doesn't coat every fucking thing in the vicinity.

Smokers also believe in fairies.
    Even if it resulted in an inch-thick coating in my truck and backyard, are you seriously arguing it's affecting a wide swatch of people?

I didn't go very deep into fluid dynamics when I was in school, but you're suggesting that the smoke from a cigarette can somehow disseminate and cover an area thousands of times its size AND that my truck/backyard are somehow areas of public interest where everyone will be touching/breathing/licking everything, and then accusing me of believing in fairies.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!