Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Crit got nerfed and det got buffed. I wonder how that will work out.

I'm gemmin mostly crit on my rdm but I feel like it's such a small % increase... I think I'm gonna compare a full SS, full Crit, Full det etc on a dummy and see the dps difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Also OH MY GOD people are so bad in the party finder... they claim having cleared X dungeon several times but they can't even do a strat properly.

By the way, Lakshimi EX is easier than Susano ex, mechanic wise imo. But she requires more dps it seems. Or maybe the fact that the other dps were below the tank didn't help...
    im guessing you had an dps addon to prove that the dps was below the tanks? if you did i hope you didnt call them out on it as SE hate dps addons and have been banning a few people for them recently, as long as you arent pointing out to people then you should be fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I think the story isn't ad good as HW BUT it's still good but leveling as a healer as my first 70 was painful
    lol i feel your pain. ive maxed levelled as a resto shaman & holy priest in wow & then a WHM in FF. its never easy lol

I beat it yes !

- - - Updated - - -

where do you get the class set?
    When you do your lvl.70 quest you get a chest item in your inventory, only openable in a capital city. Using it is how you get the AF3 armour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    ALL jobs have changed and the story is bloody brilliant. My question though is when you left because quality increase varies
    thanks for answering. if you were asking why i left, i had completed the storyline, done a whole load of instances & needed a break.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The fights also good. The meteor drop move, niddhogs flame balls that rush you, a super strong poison you need to cure, constant high melee aoe damage, aoe fire 2 style moves, and a doom lite that you need to vercure to 100% health to avoid a possible one shot. A fight on par with most hard mode bosses in terms of number of mechanics, very satisfying end fight compared to the 'stand still and do your basic rotation for 30 seconds' ones.

Plus returning to the location to fight there again was great, love the Mhachi lore and setting.

- - - Updated - - -

and now i never need to glamour this job again

Plds get to fight in a gladiator tournament with no real stakes and the villain is just some lalafell trying to fix a fight. It's more a sequel to the gladiator storyline than a pld story.

I love the af 3 set and the new abilities pld get but boy did they get short changed in story.
    Last edited by Florena; 2017-06-23 at 06:05 PM.

When you do your lvl.70 quest you get a chest item in your inventory, only openable in a capital city. Using it is how you get the AF3 armour.
    Ooh cool they went back to the sets being given by the job quests
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Ooh cool they went back to the sets being given by the job quests
    if you did your 70 quest it should be in your inventory right now, just look for a treasure chest and open it in a city.

10+ Year Old Account
    *chuckles*
    1778 queue @ 20:15.

I guess I won't be playing today.

I just had 3 instant trial ques as RDM in a row ALL FOR CAPE WESTWIND.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer eccles View Post
    thanks for answering. if you were asking why i left, i had completed the storyline, done a whole load of instances & needed a break.
    Welll we all need breaks but yeah definitely worth the return imo

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Plds get to fight in a gladiator tournament with no real stakes and the villain is just some lalafell trying to fix a fight. It's more a sequel to the gladiator storyline than a pld story.

I love the af 3 set and the new abilities pld get but boy did they get short changed in story.
    Disappointing to hear they went back to the gladiator arena for pld. I thought a final fantasy tactics type story dealing with temple knights would have been a perfect way to go with them. I never thought gld->pld was ever a good match up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just had 3 instant trial ques as RDM in a row ALL FOR CAPE WESTWIND.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.
    New influx of dudes?

Deleted
    I need to do the praetorium for the realm reborn questline and the queues times are horrific as a DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    New influx of dudes?
    I guess all the new wave of greenleaves are hitting 50?

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    Disappointing to hear they went back to the gladiator arena for pld. I thought a final fantasy tactics type story dealing with temple knights would have been a perfect way to go with them. I never thought gld->pld was ever a good match up.
    I don't neccisarily mind the fact it's more about the two gladiators than the plds as much as the story is just dull with no stakes or threat or anything but four one one one duels and a couple of generic quest mobs. Some of the duels were fun but the story was very underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    New influx of dudes?
    I'd prefer a new influx of gals, but new people are always good. FF is amazing and everyone should play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I need to do the praetorium for the realm reborn questline and the queues times are horrific as a DPS
    When I played a second character just to relive the story I asked people in my FC to run it unsynced with me and it only took like 25 minutes, most of which I was in a cutscene for (Praetorium has a SHITLOAD of cutscenes so I wouldn't PuG it if you want to see them).

Either that or just put a group up in Party Finder for it and you may have some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Oh damn it's the first week the expansion is out, everyone should know their rotations and play like world first gods and know tacts for everything perfectly so that they can do 150% of their max dps!111!£!!!111

/Sarcasm

FF xiv players might be talking trash about the wow community but they are no better most of the time.
    I've also found that some of the people in the FF community are some of the biggest douchebags around. During the MSQ there is a fairly difficult for pugs 8 man encounter. One person basically tried to hold the group hostage by asking who was new to the fight and then getting pissy when a tank started the fight. He dies right off the bat and refuses to rez and complains that he is just waiting to leave the fight. He bitches the entire time while dead just making the fight miserable. Soon as the encounter is over (after getting pretty far in it for the first time) he finally leaves. We get someone else and down it on the next pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I've also found that some of the people in the FF community are some of the biggest douchebags around.
    This is true of any multiplayer game. Overall my experience in FF has been more positive than in others, but I've run into jerkoffs just like everyone else. It's not a question of if, but when.

It's like the old saw about going to a big city and running into lots of rude and unpleasant people, so you think 'everyone in the city's an asshole'. Well, it has to do with the fact there are a shit ton more people around you than in a small town. Not just about per capita, but a degree of anonymity. You see hundreds of unfamiliar faces every day, the assholes tend to blend in more than seeing the same couple dozen people every day.

But yeah, doesn't matter how new or old content is. Some are gonna rage over anyone who does something less well than themselves in some aspect, just cos they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I've also found that some of the people in the FF community are some of the biggest douchebags around. During the MSQ there is a fairly difficult for pugs 8 man encounter. One person basically tried to hold the group hostage by asking who was new to the fight and then getting pissy when a tank started the fight. He dies right off the bat and refuses to rez and complains that he is just waiting to leave the fight. He bitches the entire time while dead just making the fight miserable. Soon as the encounter is over (after getting pretty far in it for the first time) he finally leaves. We get someone else and down it on the next pull.
    Steps of Faith by any chance? I've seen people do exactly that every time I've gotten it in the Roulette. Admittedly, I've not had it often, but the few times I've had it has been memorable for all the wrong reasons