Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I wasn't defending Turkey, I was making a sarcastic comment.
    Ah, troll level above my understanding i guess

Ergons party is definitely a strong advocate of Islamism.
    If you wonder the difference between Islam and Islamism. Islamism is the more strict interpretation of Islam with sharia law. Other branches/ schools promote it too but with regulation in regards to none Muslims. This akin to the evangelical left and right having their interpretation of science and following the Bible. And yes I say evengelical left because they do exist just not at the federal level.
    Last edited by Taso; 2017-06-23 at 05:31 PM.

I'm sure they have a fantastic new theory that explains all that scientific evidence to replace it that will change our perspective on the world forever. Good for them.

edit: Nope, they just claim their populace is too stupid to understand it. How self-deprecating of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Saying "72 genders" is being "pushed for."
    Saying it is "anti-science" just because it goes against what you want science to say.
    Saying it's only an issue for "the left."
    Saying "the left" is "a party."

It's like saying that you're being on the right means you believe in a heliocentric universe but think evolution, climate change and the rights of others to pursue happiness in ways you object to are all wrong.
    Oh, I just realized how wrong and misleading I have been.

Sure, there is no place where this is being pushed, I am just an insane person (just one example, but you can google yourself for more on US, http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37875695).
    Also, the science is totally against me, sexual dimorphism has been disproved years ago, right?
    I also sure that this is an issue for the right, we can cite all that 0 examples you provided of right wing leaning parties and organizations that are in favor of 72 genders.

Finally, not my phrase, but I could choose to interpret what the person said and understand that he is talking about the majority of left wing parties or ask him about his point... Or I could just be a picky moron about terminology and assume the worst of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Oh, I just realized how wrong and misleading I have been.
    Congratulations! Admitting you know nothing is the first step on the road to wisdom.

Sure, there is no place where this is being pushed, I am just an insane person (just one example, but you can google yourself for more on US, http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37875695).
    Wrong link? The thing you posted is about a guy who refuses to use gender-neutral pronouns in a bid to get a load of attention (it worked.) "72" doesn't appear anywhere on the page.

Also, the science is totally against me, sexual dimorphism has been disproved years ago, right?
    Yes it has, well done. It's also worth noting that (following the WHO) there's increasingly a tendency to separate "sex" as a biological/reproductive term and "gender" referring to the social construct.

I also sure that this is an issue for the right, we can cite all that 0 examples you provided of right wing leaning parties and organizations that are in favor of 72 genders.
    UK Conservative Party is putting funding towards ensuring things like sex education is inclusive of trans people. Might not mention your magic number of "72" but then again I doubt Labour, Lib Dems or SNP have specific policies towards that exact number (if they do please feel free to link some evidence.)

Finally, not my phrase, but I could choose to interpret what the person said and understand that he is talking about the majority of left wing parties or ask him about his point... Or I could just be a picky moron about terminology and assume the worst of him.
    Calling "the left" a "party" just shows a lack of understanding of politics or an assumption that everyone vaguely defined as leaning a certain way is a monolithic entity where everyone holds the same attitudes to everything. As I said, it's the equivalent of saying that everyone in "the right" is a Creationist, climate-change denying bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Congratulations! Admitting you know nothing is the first step on the road to wisdom.

Wrong link? The thing you posted is about a guy who refuses to use gender-neutral pronouns in a bid to get a load of attention (it worked.) "72" doesn't appear anywhere on the page.

Yes it has, well done. It's also worth noting that (following the WHO) there's increasingly a tendency to separate "sex" as a biological/reproductive term and "gender" referring to the social construct.

UK Conservative Party is putting funding towards ensuring things like sex education is inclusive of trans people. Might not mention your magic number of "72" but then again I doubt Labour, Lib Dems or SNP have specific policies towards that exact number (if they do please feel free to link some evidence.)

Calling "the left" a "party" just shows a lack of understanding of politics or an assumption that everyone vaguely defined as leaning a certain way is a monolithic entity where everyone holds the same attitudes to everything. As I said, it's the equivalent of saying that everyone in "the right" is a Creationist, climate-change denying bigot.
    It is about people being able to force the university staff to use their chosen pronouns based on the gender they choose to identify (with punitive measures for those who refuse to comply), if that is not about several genders, I don't think we will ever agree on what it is.

Point me to a single scientific article that disproves we are a dimorphic species.

Finally, if someone says the left in US you should know which party they are referring to, context is important here.

10+ Year Old Account
    See Christians, you are more alike than you think.

That's quite alright, the world is getting ready to accelerate in progress soon and they will get left behind.

They can either adapt and have a great life or live in the stone age, their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    See Christians, you are more alike than you think.
    The smart ones already know that they are connected through Abraham (yup, the Christian, Muslim and Jewish god are one in the same), unfortunately, being brothers is not enough for them to get along.
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2017-06-23 at 07:09 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is about people being able to force the university staff to use their chosen pronouns based on the gender they choose to identify (with punitive measures for those who refuse to comply), if that is not about several genders, I don't think we will ever agree on what it is.

Point me to a single scientific article that disproves we are a dimorphic species.

Finally, if someone says the left in US you should know which party they are referring to, context is important here.
    Apparently you also forgot about the 72 different types of leftist political parties.

But when it comes to the center and the right, everyone's an inbred, uneducated, gun shooting, sister fucking, neck beard growing, retard on bath salts. But i would hate to point out that hypocrisy to him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kind of sad to see since Islam kinda had a theory on evolution before Charles Darwin was even alive hope they pull themselves outta this weird funk.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It's sad that we have got to a point where Mankind is going BACKWARDS as a species.

Soon science will be banned because lefties will be upset that it triggers their favourite religious people.
    Ya...thats not how it works.

On topic Devoss/and Evangelical right wing's wet dream is happening n Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Teraparte View Post
    Some of these nations (and US states like Mississippi) are inhabited by many people whose ideas sometimes seem make a great case against evolution. Awful, awful people who run them.
    Evolution doesn't mean "progress".
    It's sad to see that even people defending it seems to not understand it

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    IE, if there is ONE subject that Americans (and Russians : hi, Lyssenko) are ill placed to comment, it's evolution teaching in schools.
    Always relevant:

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Evolution doesn't mean "progress".
    It's sad to see that even people defending it seems to not understand it

Even sadder to see that people don't understand obvious sarcasm. At this point, if I were you I'd say I was using counter sarcasm but either way>>> Yes, I literally meant that religious nutjobs are good evidence against evolution *rolls eyes*. However, you, Akka, are good evidence against evolution /insert passive-aggressive emoticon.

BTW, in the context I used it, the word evolution could well refer to forward progress, e.g. "Upon seeing many successful Black Americans, the state of these people and the acceptance of their role in society has evolved from a time when they were bought and sold as chattel."

Understand?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-official-says

NATO member and EU candidate state right there.
    Ignorance wins again.

I wonder if we'll have future generations to be able to look sadly down at what we did to education during what should be a fountain of scientific study by young people all over the world.

I feel so sorry for half of Turkey.

I remember visiting Istanbul many years ago and I was thoroughly impressed. Pulsating, prospering, I thought they are pretty much ready for Europe in the next 10 years.
    I can't believe how the land turned into shit tier this fast. I can comprehend it, but I can't believe it.

Go back to what you originally said, you were saying "the left" was pushing "72 genders," this doesn't mention there being 72 genders at all, what it does say is in Ontario, under their human rights laws, it would be wrong to decide what pronouns you use for a person, instead of using their preference of male, female or neutral.

If you had originally phrased it as "the left" were pushing for society to recognise not everyone comfortably fits into binary gender constructs I'd have had less of a problem (though again not everyone on "the left" agrees or cares about trans issues, and there are people against prejudice who find themselves on "the right" for economic or other reasons.)

Have you never heard of intersex, such as people born with both/neither sets of genitals, sexual characteristics that don't match the expectations from their genes or people with sex chromosomes that aren't XX or XY?

We're not in the US though, I'm in the UK on an international forum talking about Turkey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I guess Turkey doesn't need any of that medical technology using new tools based on the concept of evolution.

ytvid
    I see that video and I think two things; Evolution is amazing, and also terrifying.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Okatan View Post
    I live in Turkey and i support that we should.
    I am Turkish and I say take your erdogan and fuck off to your arab masters you piece of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The moment the left started talking about 72 genders is the moment they stopped being the "YEAH WE SCIENCE NOW!" party.
    72 genders? How the fuck is that even possible? How many different genitalia are there besides the obvious two?

I bet I just triggered someone
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.