Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Oh, you're one of those.
    People with valid points? What's wrong with being one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    People with valid points? What's wrong with being one of those?
    No, people who scream about how horrible feminism is all the time.

Oh, you're one of those.
    one of those that calls you people on your bullshit?

- - - Updated - - -

No, people who scream about feminism all the time.
    this entire thread is about a feminist objective. Manspreading is a invention of feminists.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    this entire thread is about a feminist objective. Manspreading is a invention of feminists.
    No, it's just a term for the behavior. Feminists did not invent the behavior, they just put a name to it. If people agreed to call it gkdfghjfd then it could be called gkdfghjfd and everyone would know what kind of behavior it entails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Yes, because we should be happy that torturing and killing bulls for fun isn't banned. Oh what a society we live in!
    Lol.... valuing merchandise more than people let alone people's amusement, we have every right to entertain ment

No, people who scream about feminism all the time.
    Well, it's a campaign used to create awareness to poorly mannered actions that both sexes commit (be it men spreading their legs wide open to the point of taking more than 1 seat worth of space; Or women having bags on extra seats) - however it appears the main focus of said campaign is to 'Stop "Manspreading"', as stated on their website, a term coined by Feminists to shame the men that spread their legs too far apart.

There were plenty of terms one could have used to describe this change. "Manspreading" isn't it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Cause it's a fun sport to watch? And let's be glad they haven't banned that yet.
    I'll never understand what's fun about it. My understanding is that it's mostly for tourists. It's dying out, and it is banned in a couple places.

but why isnt taking up a seat with a bag banned as well? a woman can tell a man to close his legs as well. This is pure feminist bullshit.
    Mhm, to be fair this isn't comparable.

I would have zero issues asking someone to move his or her backpack (in Germany we simply ask the rhetorical question "is this seat still free"?), but I don't know if I would ask a man to close his legs, especially if I would be a woman. In my experience the stereotypical "manspreader" isn't an individual I would want to engage in a conversation. Not at all.
    Hell, even as a man I might risk getting into a fight over something that just isn't worth it.

Making it a actual offense does help that somewhat, especially if the security/ ticket inspector can enforce it.
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2017-06-23 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    I'll never understand what's fun about it. My understanding is that it's mostly for tourists. It's dying out, and it is banned in a couple places.
    Temporarily this hippie sjw decade fad will be over soon,

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    If I owned the bus - I guess I'd have the right to do what I wanted within the rights of the law of that country on what you can do with your own property. If it's public transit though, and you're taking up a ton of room for no reason (and people are having to work around you for some reason like this bullshit term 'manspreading') - then maybe someone should have some damn decency/respect of other people and try taking up a little less room?

idk, this whole thread is fucking cancer, I don't see it lasting too long here

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Lol.... valuing merchandise more than people let alone people's amusement, we have every right to entertain ment
    This merch are living animals, with the same reasoning we have every right to have gladiator fights to the death too

No, it's just a term for the behavior. Feminists did not invent the behavior, they just put a name to it. If people agreed to call it gkdfghjfd then it could be called gkdfghjfd and everyone would know what kind of behavior it entails.
    yet you agreed to call it something to shame one of the sexs when in reality iv seen far more women taking up extra seats with thier shit than men "manspreading" but lets just ignore reality since you dont seem to live there.

yet you agreed to call it something to shame one of the sexs when in reality iv seen far more women taking up extra seats with thier shit than men "manspreading" but lets just ignore reality since you dont seem to live there.
    How it is shaming one of the sexes?

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    If bullfighting was simply for tourists, men would not risk their lives for that. The bullfight is a Spanish institution, and outside views shouldn't change that. It's already been tamed compared to the golden age of bullfighting.

Forcing people to be courteous isn't exactly something a government should be doing. Laws should be about people not infringing on the rights of others, not taking up to much space on a subway train.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy CNN propaganda thread.

Isn't this the same country who claimed "Japan" (but really cartoon/anime in general) should stop sexualizing underage children when they literally do it in Spain with real under-age teenagers in public?

"b-but muh culture standards are different"

Joking aside this has nothing to do with man-spreading and everything to do with not wasting seats on the bus or shoving your crotch into everyone's face. There should be equal rules about wasting seats with carry-on (looking at you ladies). If it doesn't fit under the seat or on your lap, don't bring it on the train/bus.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It should be if it's taking up two damn seats.
    This. Every train I ride on. Some asshole has his thigh spread over 3 seats while he pointedly ignores everyone forced to stand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those pictures of men sitting with their legs crossed is not a position that lasts very long. My dad can cross his legs like them and be comfortable. I personally can't. Both my groin and legs themselves start to hurt almost immediately. But even those who can sit comfortably like that, don't do it for (very) long. The real discomfort is that most men need to change the position of their legs every couple minutes. Stuff does get pinched, and circulation both in the groin and legs is affected if legs or ankles are crossed. Thus they move, swap legs, sit differently in between, whatever. But no man can sit comfortably with their legs crossed (knee or ankle) for extended periods of time.

When I'm sitting upright in an office chair, my knees are usually about a foot apart. When I stretch my legs and cross my ankles they touch. Both don't take any effort and my muscles are relaxed. I usually switch between those 2 positions the most. Stretching feels nice after sitting with your feet under your chair for a while, especially for your knees and ankles. But when you stretch your legs after a while the pressure on your hamstrings starts becoming uncomfortable and legs get retracted automatically again. Repeat cycle. Occasionally with only one leg at a time.

When you're tall (like I am) there's often not much space on public transport/seats for you to begin with. Usually, I barely get to stretch my legs beyond a 90 degree angle at all, let alone stretching my legs completely. Seats usually are pretty narrow as well. So where I can sit both comfortably and relaxed well within the dimensions of the seat of a typical office chair, public seats are more often than not either so narrow, or the distance to the seat in front is so short that it becomes impossible to:

a) fit at all.
    b) fit without it being painful within a few minutes.
    c) fit without it taking a lot of effort to not invade other seats.

Guys sitting with both legs reaching a 90 degree angle in their groin area when there's nothing restricting their space in front of them are complete dicks though.

Here's a picture I took some years ago when visiting an away game for my football team. Luckily not al public seats are as bad as these:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    snip
    Your damn avatar. Thought I was going crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Your damn avatar. Thought I was going crazy.
    Going crazy is fine, as long as you don't invade the seat next to yours.