Crash Bandicoot Naughty Dog game.

What do you think are the chances of another Crash Bandicoot game developed by Naughty Dog?

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    What do you think are the chances of another Crash Bandicoot game developed by Naughty Dog?
    Unlikely since Activision owns it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This. N Sane Trilogy is done by Activision. I don't see them selling the rights unless N Same Trilogy does poor. And with the interest it has generated I just don't see it doing poor. The advertising is smart as well. They even paid homage to the ads of the 90s for the original games with trailers like this.

Right now the advertising for this game is brilliant imo. It's playing the nostalgia card without trying to go full on nostalgia.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-23 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. N Sane Trilogy is done by Activision. I don't see them selling the rights unless N Same Trilogy does poor. And with the interest it has generated I just don't see it doing poor.
    It's probably not gonna be as good as the original games.

It's probably not gonna be as good as the original games.
    It's literally a Remaster. Same games with a HD touch up. In terms of gameplay you are just playing the same game with better visuals.

I see it doing well in terms of sales. Maybe it won't sell as much as Crash 2 which is the lowest selling of the 3 at 5 million but let's wait and see. It launches in 1 week and personally I've pre ordered it. I'm looking forward to jumping on Polar's head in glorious HD for those 10 lives

I personally hope it does well because there have been rumors that if it does we could be in for a CTR Remaster.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-23 at 12:45 AM.

I'm probably just blinded by nostalgia, but I like how the artstyle of the original Crash games better.

naughty dog is too high and mighty, and "adult" for these games anymore.

that stuck up asshole confirmed as much.

I'm probably just blinded by nostalgia, but I like how the artstyle of the original Crash games better.
    I think they did well at converting that art style into HD. It still feels a bit goofy and well an example of a boss fight.

Bloody loved Ripper Roo in both games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

Tbh I wonder how many of the people who worked on Crash are still there?

CTR Remaster.
    (insert take my money gif)

Tbh I wonder how many of the people who worked on Crash are still there?
    probably all left with the last jak game.

can't say i'll ever get over that line of bullshit though. acting like a high and mighty asshole is one way to piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

Oh please, TLOU is literally the first serious game they have ever made.

Uncharted never takes itself serious and maintains all the charm and humor Naughty Dog has always been known for. Typical person commenting on something they never played.

If you're asking for Naughty Dog to make a lower budget platformer, it's literally a waste of their talent and there is a load of studios who can do it just as good as they would.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-23 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh please, TLOU is literally the first serious game they have ever made.

Uncharted never takes itself serious and maintains all the charm and humor Naughty Dog has always been known for. Typical person commenting on something they never played.

If you're asking for Naughty Dog to make a lower budget platformer, it's literally a waste of their talent and there is a load of studios who can do it just as good as they would.
    no like litterally one of the head devs of Naughty Dog said that quote they're mentioning, current ND feels to "above" making any cartoony games. Also UC4 lost any charm the last ones did TLOU being praised all the time has definite colored ND and majority of SCE studios for this "mature" shit that ruined even games like God of War. Because yes the first thing I and many GoW fans totally wanted our of GoW was a parent relatiionship with a kid that isn't kratos' actual kid....fuck off with that shit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...more_cartoony/
    Last edited by Dugna; 2017-06-23 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    Also UC4 lost any charm the last ones did
    Couldn't even take this post serious after reading this.

Drake literally makes fun of himself the entire game as he is either falling, getting his ass beat or getting shot at. Totally a serious game right there Anyone who thinks Uncharted is a "serious" game has never played it. It's literally Indiana Jones with ass loads of charm and humor. That go's for all 4 of them.

Just because Uncharted has a few "real" moments doesn't change this fact. You know what also has those moments? Pixar movies. Super serious shit there.

They said exactly what I did, making a stylized plat former is a waste of their talent. They are a team built for cutting edge cinema quality set pieces and great story telling now. There are literally dozens of studios capable of making stylized platformers just as good as naughty dog could, but very very few who can do what Naughty Dog currently does.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-23 at 09:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Couldn't even take this post serious after reading this.

Drake literally makes fun of himself the entire game as he is either falling, getting his ass beat or getting shot at. Totally a serious game right there Anyone who thinks Uncharted is a "serious" game has never played it. It's literally Indiana Jones with ass loads of charm and humor. That go's for all 4 of them.

Just because Uncharted has a few "real" moments doesn't change this fact. You know what also has those moments? Pixar movies. Super serious shit there.

They said exactly what I did, making a stylized plat former is a waste of their talent. They are a team built for cutting edge cinema quality set pieces and great story telling now. There are literally dozens of studios capable of making stylized platformers just as good as naughty dog could, but very very few who can do what Naughty Dog currently does.
    I've beaten all the UC games, and no they're not silly and joking all the time, those "jokes" drake makes as he's going through shit is so he can even handle the amount of stuff happening to him. Also the interview strictly said, that its a waste of time because cartoony games aren't "Grown" up again ND has become so self absorbed up their own ass lately it will kill them sooner rather then later, same going with SCE

I've beaten all the UC games, and no they're not silly and joking all the time, those "jokes" drake makes as he's going through shit is so he can even handle the amount of stuff happening to him. Also the interview strictly said, that its a waste of time because cartoony games aren't "Grown" up again ND has become so self absorbed up their own ass lately it will kill them sooner rather then later, same going with SCE
    I think it's more that they're just trying to indirectly cast some shade on the remake, because it's characters that were kind of taken from them (they sold them, but I am sure there's a lot of sellers' remorse after what Activision did to them), and they don't like seeing other people re-imagining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgio View Post
    I think it's more that they're just trying to indirectly cast some shade on the remake, because it's characters that were kind of taken from them (they sold them, but I am sure there's a lot of sellers' remorse after what Activision did to them), and they don't like seeing other people re-imagining it.
    the interview where ND branded their selves as "mature" was like three years ago, long before this crash remake.

and it was in reference to jak even. jak, while still cartoonish, was the most mature of the naughtydog cartoony characters -_-

I've beaten all the UC games, and no they're not silly and joking all the time
    Uhh, yea. They pretty much are. Someone has to be blinded by the "realistic" graphics because if Drake was a fury no one would be thinking this while playing the game.

That or you haven't actually played it. But whatever you say. A game that actually uses guns as it's primary gameplay but somehow maintains a T rating definitely is not taking itself serious. Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If Activision was smart they would let Naughty Dog go ahead and do it, like the Sony let Disney/Marvel borrow Spiderman. All they have to do is sit back and collect the money. Game can be half assed, they will cash a nice check.

Platformers tend to good on the Playstation when given a chance. See Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak, etc.

In fact I think they should do a Ratchet and Clank and "re-imagine" the first game.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Naughty Dog is a developer that is constantly pushing boundaries. As such, it would be a waste of talent for them to make another Crash or even a Jak and Daxter game (less so with Jak though). This is coming from someone who puts Jak 2 in his Top 5. When we ask for a new Crash or Jak, what we're really asking is for them to recapture what made those games so special, not necessarily to push them forward. Naughty Dog is breaking barriers and innovating in both tech and narrative in video games.

What they need to do is what Sony did with Sly Cooper and find a talented team with a like of passion for the IP like Sanzaru and have them make a new entry in the series. I wouldn't say Sly 4 was the best Sly Cooper game, but it was a respectable effort and definitely demonstrated the love that Sanzaru had for the franchise.

There are few developers who are pushing the industry forward and Naughty Dog is one of them. Let them continue doing that and let's get some passionate developers to develop these games we have so much nostalgia for.