Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Black Off-Duty Officer Shot by Fellow Officers

A black off-duty officer was shot by fellow officers while responding to a vehicle accident after a high-speed chase.

This is going to be some interesting news. Source.

An off-duty African-American police officer was shot Wednesday night by a white colleague in St. Louis, while both officers were attempting to aid first responders after a high-speed car chase ended in a crash, the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department told Yahoo News.

Authorities said the injured officer was in his home when he heard a crash. He decided to help officers who had already arrived at the scene, who had exchanged fire with the suspects. His colleagues initially ordered the unnamed officer, who was also armed, to the ground, but after recognizing him they invited him to approach them.

“At this time, a responding officer (36-year old white male with over 8 years of service) just arriving in the area observed this and fearing for his safety and apparently not recognizing the off-duty officer, discharged a shot, striking the off-duty officer in the arm,” the police department said by email.

The unnamed wounded officer is 38 years old and an 11-year veteran of the department. According to the officer’s lawyer, Rufus Tate Jr., the friendly fire shooting was part of a trend of police violence toward African-American men.

“In the police report, you have so far, there is no description of threat he perceived,” Tate told Fox 2 Now. “So we have a real problem with that. But this has been a national discussion for the past two years. There is this perception that a black man is automatically feared.”

Before the crash, St. Louis police officers were pursuing a stolen white sedan. Two suspects, Deandre T. Chaney and Cortney Smith, both 17, were arrested at the scene. A third suspect escaped.

“Per department policy, seven officers will be placed on administrative leave,” the department said. “The Force Investigative Unit responded,” it added, and an investigation will take place.

He didn't die? Was a cop himself?

Will barely make headlines for a half a cycle.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

This really puts the 'he was a criminal and deserved it' crowd in a tough spot, since neither of those could even be remotely true here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

There needs to be some transparency on how officers are trained. Multiple incidents where shots are fired based on assumption.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now they are shooting black cops?

Maybe the shooter just wanted paid leave like the officers in the other shootings?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    A black off-duty officer was shot by fellow officers while responding to a vehicle accident after a high-speed chase.

Nice race baiting! Had nothing to do with some armed guy, it was because he was black!
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

Would like a cup of facts before I add anything.

I have a amazing joke for this though but sadly its really racey ;<

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This really puts the 'he was a criminal and deserved it' crowd in a tough spot, since neither of those could even be remotely true here.
    They'll spin it somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

He deserved it, he should have put is gun down and listened to officers.

Am I doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    He didn't die? Was a cop himself?

Will barely make headlines for a half a cycle.
    Nope! He was shot in the arm! http://fox2now.com/2017/06/22/off-du...p-in-shootout/
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Nice race baiting! Had nothing to do with some armed guy, it was because he was black!
    Some armed guy that the rest of the police officers on scene evidently had no issue with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    You need to learn the meaning of the phrases you use - 'cause it's pretty obvious this ain't what you claim. But nice click baiting!

(see what I did there?)

How about you read the article first, then comment, eh? It was a cop firing on a black man without going through proper procedure. Just in case facts matter to you, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

Am I doing it right?
    Lol, I believe you are in the home-run stretch already. Usually I'm a fan of getting to the bottom of any incident before making judgments, but this was just too rich to ignore.

Don't you worry, corrupt cops are a thing so they'll just make him into one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Would like a cup of facts before I add anything.

I have a amazing joke for this though but sadly its really racey ;<
    I would like to hear that joke, pretty-please. If you can't post, could you PM?

It's a bit of "don't run towards a situation involving a fire fight while you look like a civilian" and a bit of "don't shoot someone who is clearly helping" but we would have to see video to know how it went down.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    It's a bit of "don't run towards a situation involving a fire fight while you look like a civilian" and a bit of "don't shoot someone who is clearly helping" but we would have to see video to know how it went down.

Hey look our first person to not read what happened, and make ignorant statements.

Well truthfully most likely he is a criminal but only in the sense that pretty much everyone will have committed some sort of criminal act even if it's just something really minor that people don't know about and doesn't get enforced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

Am I doing it right?
    The beautiful part is that first responders were actually aware of the off-duty cop coming to aid them, it was the new arrival that freaked out and shot him roflmao.

Gonna be real hard for the xenophobes to spin this one in their favor.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I would like to hear that joke, pretty-please. If you can't post, could you PM?
    Done it was tasteless I assure you.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't understand why race has any significance to the story. Seems like it was was an accident, which is understandable.
    I'm not sure you read the story. Wasn't an accident at all.