Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Does anyone here really think that when he came to assist, and was cleared by fellow officers, he then didn't pull out his gun during the gun fire exchange, which says happened in the video and is supposedly when he was injured?
    ? Gun fight was over before he arrived.

Authorities said the injured officer was in his home when he heard a crash. He decided to help officers who had already arrived at the scene, who had exchanged fire with the suspects. His colleagues initially ordered the unnamed officer, who was also armed, to the ground, but after recognizing him they invited him to approach them.

“At this time, a responding officer (36-year old white male with over 8 years of service) just arriving in the area observed this and fearing for his safety and apparently not recognizing the off-duty officer, discharged a shot, striking the off-duty officer in the arm,” the police department said by email.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Does not compute. His follow officers cleared him and called him over. He didn't run into a fire fight.
    He decided to help officers who had already arrived at the scene, who had exchanged fire with the suspects.

He went over to them and then the 3rd cop saw him and wrongfully shot him.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You absolutely, indubitably can not know that.
    Would he have been shot without a gun? Probably not!
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    He decided to help officers who had already arrived at the scene, who had exchanged fire with the suspects.

He went over to them and then the 3rd cop saw him and wrongfully shot him.

His colleagues initially ordered the unnamed officer, who was also armed, to the ground, but after recognizing him they invited him to approach them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Would he have been shot without a gun? Probably not!
    Would a white guy in civvies, with gun in hand, next to other officers, have been shot? Probably not. But hey, as much as people are making it about race, you and others can keep making it not about race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not according to the video.

Text in the link says something different. At this case which is right?

stuff
    How does that change anything? Does them calling him over mean he didn't run over there looking like a civilian? Do you not know that the 3rd one showed up without knowing that happened? Do you think he just saw his colleagues call over the guy as a friend and was like "BLACK!" and shot?

10+ Year Old Account
    How does that change anything? Does them calling him over mean he didn't run over there looking like a civilian? Do you not know that the 3rd one showed up without knowing that happened? Do you think he just saw his colleagues call over the guy as a friend and was like "BLACK!" and shot?

Where did I once mention ANYTHING about race?

fyi I don't think most police shootings have anything to do with race. Just incompetence.

Where did I once mention ANYTHING about race?

fyi I don't think most police shootings have anything to do with race. Just incompetence.
    Can you answer anything other than the last question then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you answer anything other than the last question then?
    Shouldn't the 3rd officer ask whats going on from the officers on scene if he doesn't know?

Ah fuck it. You know what I don't care. Let the cops shoot whoever they want. imo I hope they shoot more of their own just like this case.

Aren't off duty cops not supposed to get involved for just this sort of reason?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Would a white guy in civvies, with gun in hand, next to other officers, have been shot? Probably not. But hey, as much as people are making it about race, you and others can keep making it not about race.
    Bullshit! and you know it!
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

Race have nothing to do with this.

His colleagues initially ordered the unnamed officer, who was also armed, to the ground, but after recognizing him they invited him to approach them.
    Yes, and all the person who shot him saw was someone who wasnt a cop approaching cops with a gun.

If you're off duty, you don't get involved. The uniform is there for a reason. To mark you as an officer.

Shouldn't the 3rd officer ask whats going on from the officers on scene if he doesn't know?
    You claim I didn't read things, yet you apparently didn't read where I placed blame on both sides. That being said you wouldn't go ask your fellow officer if you think they're being attacked...

Ah fuck it. You know what I don't care. Let the cops shoot whoever they want. imo I hope they shoot more of their own just like this case.
    Yeah, fuck it, who cares about logic when you can hate cops because you know you'll always have them to protect your ass no matter what dumb statements you make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Aren't off duty cops not supposed to get involved for just this sort of reason?
    I don't know of any rules, but apparently they can be held personally responsible if something goes wrong. (like that would ever happen)

- - - Updated - - -

You claim I didn't read things, yet you apparently didn't read where I placed blame on both sides. That being said you wouldn't go ask your fellow officer if you think they're being attacked...

Yeah, fuck it, who cares about logic when you can hate cops because you know you'll always have them to protect your ass no matter what dumb statements you make.

To me logic says don't shoot if you don't know what is going on. But whatever.

Since you read things, show me where it says he ran up on them. Since you know that is your claim.

I don't hate cops. I hate bad/incompetent cops.

Also you demanded I answer your question, why not answer mine?

I don't know of any rules, but apparently they can be held personally responsible if something goes wrong. (like that would ever happen)

- - - Updated - - -

Since you read things, show me where it says he ran up on them. Since you know that is your claim.
    Someone who was not marked as a cop, and was off duty, was walking towards others cops at the scene of a shooting, while holding a weapon.

Another officer came, saw this, and fired.

That honestly sounds fairly reasonable.

If anything its the fault of the officers who were there for not mentioning to the others that the other officer was there helping.

Hence that part where I said:

It's a bit of "don't run towards a situation involving a fire fight while you look like a civilian" and a bit of "don't shoot someone who is clearly helping" but we would have to see video to know how it went down.
    You can replace it with "walked up to", "approached", "crabwalked up to", "encroached on", "greeted while moving towards", or anything else you want and my point will stand (or remain, hold up, not change).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Someone who was not marked as a cop, and was off duty, was walking towards others cops at the scene of a shooting, while holding a weapon.

Another officer came, saw this, and fired.

That honestly sounds fairly reasonable.

If anything its the fault of the officers who were there for not mentioning to the others that the other officer was there helping.
    You are ignoring things that happened inbetween like the other 2 officers that were already on the scene clearing said off duty officer and calling him over.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes good guys with a gun get shot by police on accident.