Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Disapointed with the AMA.

Anyone else disappointed or underwhelmed by the AMA, some classes had several questions answered while others had 1 or 2. They should of had a minimum/limit of 5 per class. There were plenty of questions given to them.

Disappointment is blizzards middle name.

Why is it that in every class AMA, the hunter questions is always bullshit about pets, or gun animations. Can't believe I wasted precious seconds of my life reading that bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Why is it that in every class AMA, the hunter questions is always bullshit about pets, or gun animations. Can't believe I wasted precious seconds of my life reading that bullshit.
    Because they cherry pick easy to answer questions, druids had 2 questions answered they have 4 specs and both questions were cosmetic one of which is about the class "mount" which should of been addressed a lot sooner. DH have 2 specs and had 7 answered.

Oh look at you, you're disappointed. How very surprising.

Well, the question about class balance wasn't answered either. They just talked around it. PVE balance is basically non-existent, if we compare top Sims to worst Sims. Instead they want to "balance" pvp, which was never balanced for as long as I can remember (wotlk). Why do they even bother?

Part of it was surely about the way questions were presented to the devs. For example the Monk wall of texts were quite obviously moronic in that regard. Picking a few short questions gives you a much higher chance of an answer in this setting than a convoluted mess littered with tears and accusations from several years.

They literally just told windwalkers that warcraftlogs.com is fake news.

i can't even.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Part of it was surely about the way questions were presented to the devs. For example the Monk wall of texts were quite obviously moronic in that regard. Picking a few short questions gives you a much higher chance of an answer in this setting than a convoluted mess littered with tears and accusations from several years.
    did you actually read the post? and go to the links with data to tell the story? Or are you as moronic as the devs that read a very well constructed post and just assumed it said "buff me".

Learn to fucking read.

Yeah, much disappointment. They said they were going to ignore compilations but then seemed to answer for Mage, Rogue, and DH.

What do you expect from a place that has spent the last week spamming shitty khadgar memes?

/r/wow is a bigger dump than this place.

Disappointed by something they did because people say they never communicate. I'm disappointed with you.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    You make 1.3k posts a year here and complain how precious your time is? I'm guessing you have a little to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjer View Post
    They literally just told windwalkers that warcraftlogs.com is fake news.

i can't even.

- - - Updated - - -

did you actually read the post? and go to the links with data to tell the story? Or are you as moronic as the devs that read a very well constructed post and just assumed it said "buff me".

Learn to fucking read.
    Yeah buddy, who could have foreseen that the Blizzard guys wouldn't closely examine, verify and comment on home made statistics from 10 different tiers/patches in an hour long AMA?
    You've also completely missed the point of the dev's post, so maybe it is you who needs to do some learning.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2017-06-23 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Disappointed by something they did because people say they never communicate. I'm disappointed with you.
    Go read the OP instead of making off the cuff remarks of which you no nothing about.

i thought it was pretty cool we finally got to talk to the cancer cells of the wow development team

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You make 1.3k posts a year here and complain how precious your time is? I'm guessing you have a little to spare.
    Why do you see posting here as a waste of time? I enjoy discussing things with other people, I have fun being part of the community. Therefore, it isn't time wasted.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the AMA.

It's unrealistic to think they were ever going to answer some of the stuff that went on for half a screen no matter how well thought out it is. They are going to either answer questions they know they can actually say something about in a short paragraph or pick questions that are quick to answer so that they can get to as many questions as possible.

Some of the best 'questions' actually invited a debate over class design. And that wasn't going to happen either, as fascinating a clusterfuck as that would be. Theory crafting was never really going to be on the menu.

It will be interesting to see if they come back later with comments about some of the better stuff that was extended.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I read the AMA.

It's unrealistic to think they were ever going to answer some of the stuff that went on for half a screen no matter how well thought out it is. They are going to either answer questions they know they can actually say something about in a short paragraph or pick questions that are quick to answer so that they can get to as many questions as possible.

Some of the best 'questions' actually invited a debate over class design. And that wasn't going to happen either, as fascinating a clusterfuck as that would be. Theory crafting was never really going to be on the menu.

It will be interesting to see if they come back later with comments about some of the better stuff that was extended.
    Exactly. The thoughts behind a post/question can be as smart as it gets if it doesn't fit in the format of an AMA it's still stupid. You can tell by the further reply of the Monk emissary that he didn't get that at all. Something which unfortunately is also true for a lot of people, which is why we get whine threads like this.

The whole AMA was a shitshow, a shit ton of questions, like wall of texts after wall of texts and the devs ignored most of them, they cherrypicked one question of the wall of text and proceed to write a wall of text where the tl;dr is: we are right, you guys are wrong. The reddit AMA was a perfect example how distant are the devs from the playerbase.

I blame the mods too, they should have looked at the AMA subreddit for 5 minutes and understand why is encouraged to post short questions instead of wall of texts.
    Last edited by Clrg; 2017-06-23 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    The whole AMA was a shitshow, a shit ton of questions, like wall of texts after wall of texts and the devs ignored most of them, they cherrypicked one question of the wall of text and proceed to write a wall of text where the tl;dr is: we are right, you guys are wrong. The reddit AMA was a perfect example how distant are the devs from the playerbase.
    Well I don't think it would be beneficial for the game if the devs were salty crybabies who want to balance the game via warcraftlogs aggregated spec rankings.