Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    DH had 20~ lines of replies, Monks had 31 in a single reply alone..

That aside, The choice of questions was terribly poor.. 1 about Havoc DH, 1 about cosmetics, 1 about class fantasy and 4 for Vengeance.

I honestly shouldn't have been expecting more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Exactly. The thoughts behind a post/question can be as smart as it gets if it doesn't fit in the format of an AMA it's still stupid. You can tell by the further reply of the Monk emissary that he didn't get that at all. Something which unfortunately is also true for a lot of people, which is why we get whine threads like this.
    Its not a whine thread when its a valid point, which you have yet to prove otherwise and just shitposting instead. But guess it triggered you, 2 of your 7 posts are in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post

That aside, The choice of questions was terribly poor.. 1 about Havoc DH, 1 about cosmetics, 1 about class fantasy and 4 for Vengeance.

That single reply was not much about the Monks homever.

It could easily be classified under Class balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Because they cherry pick easy to answer questions, druids had 2 questions answered they have 4 specs and both questions were cosmetic one of which is about the class "mount" which should of been addressed a lot sooner. DH have 2 specs and had 7 answered.
    Veng has had one total blue post since going live. The Q/A gave us about one good answer, most of it reads as; "well maybe this will be tuned at some point." Outside of Veng answers it was one response to why Havoc was said to have major changes in 7.2.5, then it got 3 talent changes total, and then just cosmetic questions.

lol if you thought that ama was for anything constructive and wasn't purely a PR/marketing ploy. That "WoW dev" was probably just some interns responding with pre-scripted responses to obvious questions.

This is Activision-Blizzard we're talking about, here
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-06-23 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. The thoughts behind a post/question can be as smart as it gets if it doesn't fit in the format of an AMA it's still stupid. You can tell by the further reply of the Monk emissary that he didn't get that at all. Something which unfortunately is also true for a lot of people, which is why we get whine threads like this.
    On the plus side though they got a pretty concentrated amount of feedback in a very short time all in one place. No doubt there will be those in Irvine who will read through most of it over the weekend. It's one thing to put up a wall of text (or a 10-page Google doc like one person did) and another to expect answers. If it gets read, which I'm sure a lot of it will then it won't be a bad thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post

That is what was bullshit about it, some specs/classes got a lot more attention that others. I play Druid mostly and DK, and both got the short end of the stick while monks were told more or less told LRN 2 Play.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    On the plus side though they got a pretty concentrated amount of feedback in a very short time all in one place. No doubt there will be those in Irvine who will read through most of it over the weekend. It's one thing to put up a wall of text (or a 10-page Google doc like one person did) and another to expect answers. If it gets read, which I'm sure a lot of it will then it won't be a bad thing.
    Is the chance that this will be taken to heart by devs any higher than if they used a thread on the forums to get out their message? At least there the devs would have a time frame that actually allows an answer. The AMA was a chance to learn a bit about Blizzard's views on certain topics and some people/classes blew that.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    (or a 10-page Google doc like one person did)
    To be fair that doc was created prior, and linked before. Think it was just relinked for visibility by Blizz. The whole 1 blue post since the spec has been live thing kinda makes it feel like you're an ignored spec
    Last edited by Better; 2017-06-24 at 12:03 AM.

Jesus, it's brutal how fucking miserable this community is.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't be bothered going through all of it, did they say anything about paladins?
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Its not a whine thread when its a valid point, which you have yet to prove otherwise and just shitposting instead. But guess it triggered you, 2 of your 7 posts are in this thread.
    Complaining because others supposedly got more attention or because you can't comprehend some answers (Monks) is precisely what defines whining for me. Blizzard didn't promise dissertations for every spec or perfect parity when it comes to answers.
    And yes, I'm totally triggered ... grow up kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    I can't be bothered going through all of it, did they say anything about paladins?
    There's a site called mmo-champion, you may have heard of it. They have collected all the responses and sorted them by class.

I don't feel any one class was particularly ignored in the AMA. Specs maybe just because there was almost no questions about Balance druids for instance, so no answers could be given. There was a lot about Feral and they've already talked about Bear at length.

Anyone else disappointed or underwhelmed by the AMA, some classes had several questions answered while others had 1 or 2. They should of had a minimum/limit of 5 per class. There were plenty of questions given to them.
    They should answer whatever they want to answer. They don't have to do these AMAs at all you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the chance that this will be taken to heart by devs any higher than if they used a thread on the forums to get out their message? At least there the devs would have a time frame that actually allows an answer. The AMA was a chance to learn a bit about Blizzard's views on certain topics and some people/classes blew that.
    Threads on the Blizzard forums get diffuse and derailed pretty quickly. They do here too. Signal-to-noise rapidly declines as non-serious people weigh in on a post that's pretty thoughtful. And sometimes the most thoughtful ideas and posts aren't at the top of a thread. Despite the fact that a lot of the AMA posts were really unsuitable for a quick answer in an AMA having some pretty high quality stuff all compiled in one place has to be better than having it scattered across several dozen threads in a bunch of class forums. This is what the community managers are supposed to be doing with their own forums and perhaps they are but I've seen enough "what-my-day-is-like" things to believe that their time to read forums is extremely limited. Their main thing is really PR. That's their job. If they have time for collecting and collating feedback from their forums it's really difficult to believe that they have a lot of it.

EDIT: Putting on my moderator hat for a moment it would be great if people could put aside their need to start personal arguments with one another and have a relatively calm discussion about the AMA. Rage just gets people infracted and threads closed. No need to reply or comment to this in the thread. Just be polite.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-06-24 at 12:13 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Disappointment is blizzards middle name.
    And yet you people keep giving them money.

And yes, I'm totally triggered ... grow up kid.
    Only kids pull the kid card

Anyone else disappointed or underwhelmed by the AMA, some classes had several questions answered while others had 1 or 2. They should of had a minimum/limit of 5 per class. There were plenty of questions given to them.
    Or some of the classes that got a few responses didn't really get responses. It was just them remembering about something in the past and what they thought. Paladin section was pretty useless and didn't really answer the questions at all. Dodging at their best =/

Because they cherry pick easy to answer questions, druids had 2 questions answered they have 4 specs and both questions were cosmetic one of which is about the class "mount" which should of been addressed a lot sooner.
    We only had 1 spec answered (Feral). "Resto" discussion was about a fucking visual/glyph, and they basically gave us a middle finger regarding the mount. "We learned for the future" when they give us another flight form? Oh okay, neat.

The AMA was nothing but proof their "improved communication" is nothing but legit bullshit PR when they cherry pick nonsense that doesn't mean anything. I'm glad for Feral but it was still a huge middle finger in regards to the mount and 3 other specs that got nothing.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Because they cherry pick easy to answer questions, druids had 2 questions answered they have 4 specs and both questions were cosmetic one of which is about the class "mount" which should of been addressed a lot sooner. DH have 2 specs and had 7 answered.
    They aren't avoiding harder questions. They just simply have nothing to say on the matters at the time due potential changes being tested internally or discussed. Players have proven over and over that they can't handle being given information that is subject to change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Well, the question about class balance wasn't answered either. They just talked around it. PVE balance is basically non-existent, if we compare top Sims to worst Sims. Instead they want to "balance" pvp, which was never balanced for as long as I can remember (wotlk). Why do they even bother?
    Or they are just tired of repeating themselves. Asking the same questions over and over despite already being answered isn't going to magically change the answer.

Also are you seriously complaining that they want to balance pvp? You people are fucking unbelievable.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2017-06-24 at 12:24 AM.