Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Documentation "Nobody Speak" on Netflix

Here is the trailer for that documentation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHow1B32WZw

I watched this documentation, and it shows how american billionaires, in special Peter Thiel, his Boss Donald Trump and Sheldon Adelson, try to get rid of free press. Peter Thiel issued the Hulk Hogan case against gawker, which destroyed that site. Sheldon Adelson bought a newspaper whos reporters reported controversially about his business in Las Vegas. Donald Trump is being supported by Peter Thiel, who believes Democracy, is an old concept, and it should be replaced by a dictatorship with a central leader.

At the end, those billionaires want to control the truth, and want to make people believe their ideas, and not the truth itself. That is the main reason Donald Trump declared the free press his main enemy.

Watch the video, if you got Netflix, and talk about your impression.

Deleted
    Wew, another shitty lefty Netflix documentary. Gotta give credit to them for doubling down on their liberal bullshit. Are they really trying to paint Gawker as the victim? L o l

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNoseKnows View Post
    Wew, another shitty lefty Netflix documentary. Gotta give credit to them for doubling down on their liberal bullshit. Are they really trying to paint Gawker as the victim? L o l
    They actually are a victim of the billionaire Peter Thiel fighting press freedom. He thought he needs to revenge criticism on his first investment company, which failed with a 900$ million loss at start.

Peter Thiel is a fascist, who wants to build a region of isle towns outside of country areas to create his own laws. Who believes that democracy is not useful "as woman may vote as well", and who has invested money into a company that checks if it is possible to use the blood of young people to stop aging.

At the end, that guy is both crazy and dangerous.

I kek at you.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm afraid to challenge my worldviews."

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    They actually are a victim of the billionaire Peter Thiel fighting press freedom. He thought he needs to revenge criticism on his first investment company, which failed with a 900$ million loss at start.

Peter Thiel is a fascist, who wants to build a region of isle towns outside of country areas to create his own laws. Who believes that democracy is not useful "as woman may vote as well", and who has invested money into a company that checks if it is possible to use the blood of young people to stop aging.

At the end, that guy is both crazy and dangerous.
    They're a victim of going against court orders that tell them not to spread private shit. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

>He thought he needs to revenge criticism on his first investment company, which failed with a 900$ million loss at start.
    Any source of him claiming that?

>Peter Thiel is a fascist, who wants to build a region of isle towns outside of country areas to create his own laws. Who believes that democracy is not useful "as woman may vote as well", and who has invested money into a company that checks if it is possible to use the blood of young people to stop aging.
    What's wrong with that? If you're against it, don't live on his isle. The last sentence, besides not having anything to do with free press, is a rather flimsy way to demonize him (+the possible positive effects of blood transfusions). Sort of sounds like "he's injecting himself with metals and dead microbes to make him resistant against certain diseases, what a crazy idiot", doesn't it?

Deleted
    They're a victim of going against court orders that tell them not to spread private shit. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    .. and get the free press destroyed by a billionaire who finances those court cases.

Any source of him claiming that?
    The documentation. Watch it.

What's wrong with that? If you're against it, don't live on his isle.
    Believe me, i surely would not live within the demense of a fascist. Fortunately, i dont live in america, and dont have to live in a country that is being threatened by a fascist government to turn autocratic, supported by crazy billionaires that abuse their money to oppress free press and try to fuck democracy in the ass.

Oh and about the isle: He only wants to go there to create his own laws. Slave laborers. Human lives being worth nothing.

The last sentence, besides not having anything to do with free press, is a rather flimsy way to demonize him (+the possible positive effects of blood transfusions).
    It is absolutely creepy some crazy billionaire would hire groups of young people to give him blood transfusions so he wont age anymore. That is the most decadent version of capitalism i could imagine, beyond anything healthy for the people he would abuse. That guy is crazy and needs to be stopped, no matter if he is your personal fascist role model.

And probably he wont even pay them anymore, if they lived on his isle. I am sorry for every family which is being forced by a parent to live in such a utopia of a fascist sicko.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-06-23 at 05:00 PM.

well it's important to highlight that our news media as awful as it is is better as is then being a wing of the presidents propaganda machine. Trump hates media that doesn't portray him in a good light and there are plenty of rich people that agree with that, which is all the more disturbing.

Deleted
    .. and get the free press destroyed by a billionaire who finances those court cases.
    The idea behind free press has nothing to do with allowing to spread libellous/slanderous or privacy-infringing material. Again, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The entire rant about the USA turning into a fascist country etc. etc. is nothing more than tinfoil hat conspiracy level madness.

Deleted
    The idea behind free press has nothing to do with allowing to spread libellous/slanderous or privacy-infringing material. Again, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The entire rant about the USA turning into a fascist country etc. etc. is nothing more than tinfoil hat conspiracy level madness.
    why do you even come here ?

when they suggest you links to actual evidence and documentaries you dismiss it as propaganda and conspiracies

what are you doing on a forum if you won't even consider looking at dissenting opinions

Deleted
    The idea behind going to court has nothing to do with abusing justice for personal vendettas against the free press. Again, your fandom for the fascist does not change anything about the fact he infact destroyed gawker.

If autocrat billionaires like Thiel attack the free press successfully, your country actually is on the best way towards fascism. I wonder what you actually win by defending Peter Thiel, except showing what political agenda you follow yourself.

Thiel and Trump and Adelson fuck democracy in the ass. And you want to help them obviously.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-06-23 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    what are you doing on a forum if you won't even consider looking at dissenting opinions
    Evangelizing.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    why do you even come here ?

when they suggest you links to actual evidence and documentaries you dismiss it as propaganda and conspiracies

Because wasting 95 minutes on a biased documentary that spends half its time defending Gawker, out of everything, is absolutely useless.

The idea behind going to court has nothing to do with abusing justice for personal vendettas against the free press. Again, your fandom for the fascist does not change anything about the fact he infact destroyed gawker.

If autocrat billionaires like Thiel attack the free press successfully, your country actually is on the best way towards fascism. I wonder what you actually win by defending Peter Thiel, except showing what political agenda you follow yourself.

Thiel and Trump and Adelson fuck democracy in the ass. And you want to help them obviously.
    Going from "taking down Gawker" to "abusing justice for personal vendettas against the free press" is a mighty big leap. I don't blame Thiel for going after Gawker using Hogan, after his feud relating to articles containing unwanted information about his sexuality. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm reading posts where it says Gawker published those articles while Thiele was in fact in Saudi Arabia. Knowing they aren't too keen of gays over there, that's just a fucked up move.

If you feel like "freedom of press" should include the freedom to post private and/or libellous information just for the sake of it (ie: carry no relevancy to the story other than being shocking/damaging/clickbaity), so be it. That said, there are a lot of people who don't agree with that, who think there should be some integrity involved when it comes to publishing stories. It's a bit dramatic to label all of them as anti-democratic or fascist.

To add: What's the journalistic value of posting a private sex tape?
    Last edited by mmocc260283a87; 2017-06-23 at 10:28 PM.

I'd feel sorry for Journalism these days if it wasn't being run like a clickbait e-business. All of the "news channels" are horrendous and should be kicked off the air and very few public journalists these days actually put in the effort to present news AND show context / proof / historical lineage to back it up. They just come on the air and spew whatever the masses want to hear so they can keep their viewer share up.

Deleted
    Because wasting 95 minutes on a biased documentary that spends half its time defending Gawker, out of everything, is absolutely useless.
    that's because you probably watch documentaries with the sole purpose of reinforcing your pre-existing opinions

yes maybe it defends gawker, because the whole point is to prove it should be defended. or not. but you can't say you know until you watch it

in the meantime don't claim to be a rational thinker if you refuse to consider evidence because it doesnt support what you already think

Deleted
    If you watched the video you would know they dont defend Gawker. But you seem just too coward your questionable attitude could be corrected. You are and will always be Trumps propaganda victim.

I don't blame Thiel for going after Gawker using Hogan, after his feud relating to articles containing unwanted information about his sexuality. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm reading posts where it says Gawker published those articles while Thiele was in fact in Saudi Arabia. Knowing they aren't too keen of gays over there, that's just a fucked up move.
    If you watched the documentation, you would know that Thiel was on revenge for another incident. But as you cant stand the truth, you just dont watch the video.

If you feel like "freedom of press" should include the freedom to post private and/or libellous information just for the sake of it (ie: carry no relevancy to the story other than being shocking/damaging/clickbaity), so be it.
    If you think you are the one to tell the press what they should report, you are in the same boat as like Trump and Thiel, by trying to limit the freedom of the press. I mean, it is nothing new the american rights are no patriots and shit on their constitution, where free speech and freedom of the press is part of.

That said, there are a lot of people who don't agree with that, who think there should be some integrity involved when it comes to publishing stories. It's a bit dramatic to label all of them as anti-democratic or fascist.
    Yes, it is fascist to only allow the press to report about what the fascists want it to report. And it is fascist to limit the press to report what only a small group of billionaires wants them to report.

To add: What's the journalistic value of posting a private sex tape?
    Who are you that you think you are able to tell the press what they should publish and what not? But whom do i talk to. You are in the same club as Thiel.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-06-24 at 12:22 AM.

is it just me or i just somehow knew its gonna be a lefty heavily anti-trump movie just after seeing NETFLIX?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect if breitbart was shutdown george soros theyd be singing a different tune. Gawker isnt even particularly liberal, it just outed peter thiel.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I suspect if breitbart was shutdown george soros theyd be singing a different tune. Gawker isnt even particularly liberal, it just outed peter thiel.
    While the revenge of Thiel is not even about his outing, as the documentation tells.

Deleted
    If you watched the video you would know they dont defend Gawker. But you seem just too coward your questionable attitude could be corrected. You are and will always be Trumps propaganda victim.

If you watched the documentation, you would know that Thiel was on revenge for another incident. But as you cant stand the truth, you just dont watch the video.
    I don't have a Netflix account, and surely am not interested in paying for their latest pile of liberal garbage. If you can't link to other sources outside of "yeah the documentary says so", you're not making your case any stronger.

If you think you are the one to tell the press what they should report, you are in the same boat as like Trump and Thiel, by trying to limit the freedom of the press. I mean, it is nothing new the american rights are no patriots and shit on their constitution, where free speech and freedom of the press is part of.

Yes, it is fascist to only allow the press to report about what the fascists want it to report. And it is fascist to limit the press to report what only a small group of billionaires wants them to report.

Who are you that you think you are able to tell the press what they should publish and what not? But whom do i talk to. You are in the same club as Thiel.
    There's nothing fascist about expecting journalists to stick to reporting useful facts/stories and showing professionalism, instead of using subversive methods to get attention.

In this specific case: Did the public gain anything when Gawker exposed Thiele as a homosexual? No. Did Thiele want to keep it private? Yes. Did Gawker keep pushing their narrative after being told several times Thiele wasn't comfortable with it? Yes.
    Should Gawker have taken the highway and listened to someone's personal requests in this matter? Absolutely.

The (morally) nihilistic approach towards journalistic standards (eg: one should be allowed to spread every bit of personal/private information of another) leads to the utterly worthless mainstream media we have nowadays.

Also, because you didn't answer my question, again: What's the journalistic value of posting a private sex tape?
    Last edited by mmocc260283a87; 2017-06-24 at 12:59 AM.