Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Aha. I thought MS had loosened up is all.
    Just trying to save face really with the "#wewin10famsmhtbhfamalam" stuff. Because the xbone is failing when pc games count as xbone games thanks to cross play! look at all these users!

*just not what hardware they are playing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/100...intendo-switch

Welp, Rocket League doesn't get any apparent boost when docked.
    That article is a week old, but it makes sense. A game like Rocket League needs to focus on framerate over visuals.

The one thing that's weird is the article you linked says the Switch can cross-play with the PS4 for Rocket League when the Gamespot interview linked in the article says they aren't. Does shacknews know something we don't? Or did they misreport it?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    That article is a week old, but it makes sense. A game like Rocket League needs to focus on framerate over visuals.

The one thing that's weird is the article you linked says the Switch can cross-play with the PS4 for Rocket League when the Gamespot interview linked in the article says they aren't. Does shacknews know something we don't? Or did they misreport it?
    Sony has no issues cross playing with Switch, it seems people just got it confused with the minecraft situation where MS took a "take this or you don't get it" approach. Notice how DQX is cross play between Nintendo and Sony platforms?

Sony has an issue allowing cross play with Xbox when it's on MSs terms of there being an option to only play with XBL players.

If cross play with the Switch is not enabled it's on the developers and not Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Sony has no issues cross playing with Switch, it seems people just got it confused with the minecraft situation where MS took a "take this or you don't get it" approach. Notice how DQX is cross play between Nintendo and Sony platforms?

Sony has an issue allowing cross play with Xbox when it's on MSs terms of there being an option to only play with XBL players.

If cross play with the Switch is not enabled it's on the developers and not Sony.
    No. What I mean, is in all interviews about Rocket League Switch and even the announcement trailer shows the Switch is cross-platform with XBO, and PC, but not PS4, and yet this article says the Switch is cross-platform with the PS4.

No. What I mean, is in all interviews about Rocket League Switch and even the announcement trailer shows the Switch is cross-platform with XBO, and PC, but not PS4, and yet this article says the Switch is cross-platform with the PS4.
    I told you exactly what the situation is.

If the game doesn't have cross play with PS4 it's on the devs. Don't know/don't care if it does or not.

Its likely that it is.

XB1/PS4 has Cross-Play with Rocket League on PC but not with with all 3 at the same time. Microsoft wants the ability to Opt out, That is why it will NEVER happen between the two systems.

Nintendo gives no fucks and will likely cross-play between XB1/PS4 at the sametime but not with both systems at the same time. The Issue isn't with Sony its with Microsoft wanting to do it on there terms and have full control.

Ps4 has a 60 million plus install base, So to be honest I care not if it gets Cross-Play. But until Microsoft changes there terms it won't Cross-Play with Playstation.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-06-24 at 01:35 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So, it looks like NBA Playgrounds for the Switch is having some major issues.

The TL;DR is Saber Interactive released the Switch port as a rushed, bloated, incomplete game in order to make parity with the other versions, then developed a less bloated, more complete version and sent it to Nintendo, Nintendo didn't initially do so due to a patch size limit, but they waved it on through, but it turns out the patch is one of those "delete and replace" patches, and the eShop can't handle it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the full reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...r_spoiler_not/
    Last edited by johnhoftb; 2017-06-24 at 02:01 AM.

Can't handle features patches have been doing for a decade.

Please pay for our online infrastructure though.

Oh nintendo...

Oh nintendo...
    but look at all the 3rd party support we got and the 3rd party games coming

oh wait
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    but look at all the 3rd party support we got and the 3rd party games coming

oh wait
    Nintendo gonna get loads of 3rd party support by not allowing patches over 1 GB ROFL

10+ Year Old Account

Oh nintendo...
    Nintendo has archait patching guidelines but this mess is as much, if not even more on the Devs.

Day1 patching is shitty norm anyways, game should be working when you ship 1.0 version.

You know what, I see everyone blaming either Nintendo, Sabre, or both, but never blaming the publisher Mad Dog Interactive.

It's kinda like with Breath of the Wild. Aonuma: "Hey, we want a Switch port and have it ready for launch. kthxbye"

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Day1 patching is shitty norm anyways, game should be working when you ship 1.0 version.
    You're right, Zelda should have been a much better product then needing multiple patches and later DLC to make the complete game experience the developers intended.

Oh wait, that's not what you meant? Every publisher, including Nintendo has deadlines to meet. Products get rushed, and content gets cut.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what, I see everyone blaming either Nintendo, Sabre, or both, but never blaming the publisher Mad Dog Interactive.

It's kinda like with Breath of the Wild. Aonuma: "Hey, we want a Switch port and have it ready for launch. kthxbye"
    Publishers have to hold developers to deadlines or else they become money pits.

Patches make those deadlines far easier to make.

That is the reality of the gaming industry now.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/544/1544804/

As of the week ending June 18th, the Switch has reached 1 million Switch units sold in Japan. ARMS also outsold Tekken 7's lifetime sales (which was only a couple of weeks mind) in one day.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/544/1544804/

As of the week ending June 18th, the Switch has reached 1 million Switch units sold in Japan. ARMS also outsold Tekken 7's lifetime sales (which was only a couple of weeks mind) in one day.
    i wonder how many they would sell if people could walk into a fucking store and actually find them on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    i wonder how many they would sell if people could walk into a fucking store and actually find them on the shelf.
    In japan, people at least can find them as they get new shipments every week.

Meanwhile in EU and NA... LOL enjoy your 1-2 shipments a month and hope you took your sick day when Walmart gets them in. Or enjoy your $450 bundle from gamestop with 2-3 shit items you don't want.

So I was looking up the place I almost always buy my games from, and they wanted to buy back used games. I put in all my old used games and stuff and had enough money to get a Switch + Pro controller (needed like 25-30 dollars). It arrived today.
    First off, when booting, it gave a 2162-0002 error and I had to reboot it a couple of times and try docking it, but got it working after a few tries and googling. Got it updated.
    Now I went to the eshop and looked up games, nothing really. Oh well. No games for now untill maybe Mario Odysses. (I own BotW for WiiU and sold back MK8 in the process).

Currently really mixed feelings about it. It's way smaller than I thought, the right stick being on the tablet is a little bit lose and waggles a little, and with the error I got at my first boot up, really not amazed. And as for game library, not much out of value, besides BotW and MK8.
    But I know and love Nintendo, there will be good 1st party in the future, and I know it's made of Nintendium, so I don't doubt it's build durability.

I just wanted to rant a little and maybe someone else got the same feelings as me. And again, I only got it because I could get it so cheap, 25-30 dollars and a bunch of games I haven't touched in 2+ years. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it untill a Monster Hunter game would come for it.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Oh, devs/pubs are partially to blame, don't get us wrong.

But the reality is that it shows that Nintendo's online platform is basically from about a decade ago...and they're going to be asking you to pay money for it. If a game like Tony Hawk can launch and get massive patches soon afterwards on XBL and PSN, even if they didn't do all that much to fix the issues, there's no reason that Nintendo's network shouldn't support it.

Mad Dog is responsible for the game being shit. Nintendo is responsible for them not even being able to fix their broken game.

Deleted
    Bought a switch a couple days ago
    the switch doesn't seem to be as popular where i live, as i was able to go through 3 stores who all had more than a few just laying around waiting to be sold.

Bought Zelda and Arms and i'm now just waiting for my exams to be over and i'm all set for a Zelda marathon.
    Looking into maybe getting a pro controller, does it feel better to use than the controllers that come with the switch?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, Zelda should have been a much better product then needing multiple patches and later DLC to make the complete game experience the developers intended.

Oh wait, that's not what you meant? Every publisher, including Nintendo has deadlines to meet. Products get rushed, and content gets cut.
    DLC made post launch is different thing than putting incomplete alpha build into a disk (or cart in the case fo Switch) and hastily throwing together huge ass patch to be downloaded Day1 to get the game playable. Games should be finished, working products when they are put out to be sold, but I quess that is too much to ask from today's publishers.

- - - Updated - - -

In japan, people at least can find them as they get new shipments every week.

Meanwhile in EU and NA... LOL enjoy your 1-2 shipments a month and hope you took your sick day when Walmart gets them in. Or enjoy your $450 bundle from gamestop with 2-3 shit items you don't want.
    We have plenty of Switches here in store.

I could walk into a store to buy one (or several) right now, but I'm waiting for the Splatoon bundle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    Looking into maybe getting a pro controller, does it feel better to use than the controllers that come with the switch?
    Switch Pro controller is one of the most solid game pads there are. Joycons are small and fiddly, they can work for you fine (and I hope they do for me), but the Pro Controller is leagues above them in form.