Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    All NCOs and above carried handguns along with their M4

And forgive me, but per your statement why would we take more caution of the lives of a foreign nationthan we do to our own citizens on home soil? I don't buy that excuse either. Our police need to be trained better. Period. If this was a lone incident I would chalk it up to a single idiot, but it's like every week there's a new controversial shooting involving a cop.

I will give you the point if a handguns caliber being much weaker than that of an M4 with 5.56 which can make disabling a bit tougher
    Makes a big difference. Civilian police do not normally carry rifles. I was in the Army for 3 years and had to qualify using a rifle, sub machine gun and a handgun. The rifle is a lot more accurate and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The "robbery" is now in dispute.

Wilson started the physical confrontation by grabbing and dragging Brown's arm into the car.

Wilson had and was trained in the use of non-lethal methods but chose to draw his gun instead.

Wilson did not call for back-up as he is required too.

Since when is it ok for a cop to kill someone? If Brown did in fact commit a robbery, its for a jury to decide what his punishment is. That punishment does not currently include death. If you wish to live in a country where theft is punishable by death, I suggest you move to a different country. I hear Saudi Arabia is nice.
    ill stand by the robbery untill its proven otherwise, kids got a record. And hes a police officer, they are allow to start the confrontation. THat doesnt mean you go for thier gun and try and take it away and pop off 2 rounds in the process, kid was a peice of shit, he parrents were peices of shit for helping start the riot in that town that looted and burnt shit down. Now they can wollow in a swimming pool of shit.

Since when is it ok for a cop to kill someone?
    Since when is it ok do disobey a cops instructions and try and take his gun?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    That's odd, isn'it, that no one brought up Brown alleged criminal background during the trial ?

Would you also kindly explain why everyone bringing those ''proofs'' use exactly the same formatting ?

- - - Updated - - -

Even in Raqqah, you would not get the death penalty for stealing a box of cigars.
    he didnt get shot for stealing a box of cigars, he got shot for trying to take the cops gun.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The cop should've called for backup, then the officers could've beat the hell out of Brown with their nightsticks, there was no reason to shoot and kill that 18 year old.
    I disagree and so did the investigators. He had reasonable fear of his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, you do not find odd that no one brought up Michael Brown alleged criminal record during the trial(s) ?
    Why would it matter during the trial to either side?

Someone's past is relevant as to whether they acted in such a way that justified a deadly response?

What is the defense going to say there?

"Well the guy had a history of violence, so my client took it upon himself to execute him for his past crimes!"

And why would the prosecution mention it? It would just reinforce the defense's position.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's pretty telling that people are rushing to the thread to defend Wilson's actions, when this wrongful death settlement is pretty much a tacit admission that he acted inappropriately.
    That's not what a settlement means at all. The only thing a settlement ever means for sure is "we give up arguing, take some cash and fuck off."

I've never argued that.

I've argued that cops shouldn't be escalating to lethal force without positively identifying a lethal threat, which was not present at the time Wilson fired, or in many of these other cases. Assuming that someone has a gun is not "positively identifying". An unarmed person acting aggressively is not a lethal threat. Etc.

There's more to the use of force spectrum than lethal force or "let yourself be shot stabbed or killed".
    I'm envying you Endus. Living a dream in this little Utopia of yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Why would it matter during the trial to either side?

Someone's past is relevant as to whether they acted in such a way that justified a deadly response?

What is the defense going to say there?

"Well the guy had a history of violence, so my client took it upon himself to execute him for his past crimes!"

And why would the prosecution mention it? It would just reinforce the defense's position.
    No,

It will show that Mr. Brown was predisposed to violence prior to the encounter with Officer Wilson.

And from that point on you will have to draw your own conclusions...

As someone who lives in the area, who has talked with officers, the court had it right, Michael Brown charged an officer, assaulted him, reached for his weapon, and turned back to attack before finally be shot to death.

The payoff is not an admission of guilt but rather an effort to discredit claims of racism. Sad he died but he made all the wrong decisions and I can't say I'm sad to see him gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Even in Raqqah, you would not get the death penalty for stealing a box of cigars.
    No death penalty for the first offense. Just chop his right hand off. Justice. Do you really want it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    ill stand by the robbery untill its proven otherwise, kids got a record. And hes a police officer, they are allow to start the confrontation. THat doesnt mean you go for thier gun and try and take it away and pop off 2 rounds in the process, kid was a peice of shit, he parrents were peices of shit for helping start the riot in that town that looted and burnt shit down. Now they can wollow in a swimming pool of shit.
    About that robbery:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/11/u...ing-video.html

Brown's record, according to another poster, is a fabrication. I've never heard of him having one.
    The police are required to have probable cause to start a confrontation. They are also required to have back-up and he should've waited since Brown had a friend with him.
    Again, Wilson stated that Brown did not go for his gun. Wilson escalated the situation by drawing his gun. He had non-lethal methods at his disposal which he was trained in using.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post

Since when is it ok do disobey a cops instructions and try and take his gun?

- - - Updated - - -

he didnt get shot for stealing a box of cigars, he got shot for trying to take the cops gun.
    Guilty until proven innocent huh. The robbery claim has more or less been debunked.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Michael Brown at no time attempted to reach for Darren Wilson's gun. Wilson said as much in court.
    Oh really?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...econstruction/

The initial confrontation
    The testimony

Wilson said that he tried to exit his SUV but that Brown pushed his door closed and leaned into the window. Wilson said Brown then punched him at least twice. Brown’s friend Dorian Johnson said Wilson pulled his SUV into the middle of the street and opened his door, striking Brown.

The evidence
    Wilson had scratches at his hairline and a bruise on his face, according to police and the doctor who treated him. Wilson’s DNA was not found under Brown’s fingernails or on his right hand. Wilson’s DNA was detected on Brown’s left palm.

The struggle
    The testimony

Wilson said that he considered pulling his mace from his belt but that he couldn’t reach it. He said he pushed Brown away with his left hand and pulled his pistol from his holster. “Stop or I will shoot,” Wilson said he yelled. Johnson said he heard roughly the same thing. Wilson said he raised his gun and Brown grabbed his weapon and said, “You’re too much of a pussy to shoot me.” Johnson said he heard “cuss words from both of them,” but he said he never saw Brown touch the weapon.

The evidence
    Brown’s DNA was found on the left thigh of Wilson’s pants. Brown’s DNA was also found on the gun. While inspecting the gun, a detective observed a reddish substance, consistent with blood, on the slide and frame of the firearm. Brown’s DNA was also found on the inside driver’s door handle of the police SUV. Investigators said they could swab for DNA or dust for fingerprints but not both. One test would destroy evidence from the other.

The first shots
    The testimony

Wilson said that he pulled the trigger twice inside the SUV but that the gun failed to fire. The gun finally fired twice, one shot striking Brown in the hand. “Without even looking, I just grabbed the top of my gun, the slide and I racked it,” Wilson testified. Johnson said he heard the gun go off. “That was when the officer let go and we were both able to run,” he said.

The evidence
    One bullet was found inside the driver’s side door, just above the armrest. The other bullet was not found. Two shell casings were found outside the car, one just south of the rear driver’s side door, the other along the curb near the SUV.

The bullet grazed the surface of Brown’s right thumb and exited at his wrist. Soot and residue from the gun were found on Brown’s hand, indicating the gun was inches away when it went off, according to an autopsy report.
    Conclusion:
    One dead thug who got into an altercation with a police officer, tried to fight him and/or grab his gun and got killed in the process. Good riddance.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2017-06-24 at 10:41 AM.

The shop owner who Michael Brown assaulted should sue his family for $1.5 million

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    He attacked the cop and beat up a store clerk stealing from him.
    If a store clerk was stealing from me, I would beat him up as well.

No reason in a just world for them to have paid a dime to compensate for a justified police shooting, but it's not all that hard of a decision to make; they need only look at video of their local businesses being vandalized and burned to see where their upside in paying is.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    As someone who lives in the area, who has talked with officers, the court had it right, Michael Brown charged an officer, assaulted him, reached for his weapon, and turned back to attack before finally be shot to death.

The payoff is not an admission of guilt but rather an effort to discredit claims of racism. Sad he died but he made all the wrong decisions and I can't say I'm sad to see him gone.
    I thought it was obvious but appearantly not

It's pretty telling that people are rushing to the thread to defend Wilson's actions, when this wrongful death settlement is pretty much a tacit admission that he acted inappropriately.
    Wrong as usual. 1.5 million is chump change for a wrongful death payout. This was simply to silence the protests and shut the family up. This guy was a thug, a known criminal who attacked a clerk, attacked a cop, tried to take a cops gun, charged said cop after being told to get on the ground.

Whats really telling is that you are so OK with people who break the law and how quickly you are to the side with criminal in this case, Michael Brown. Sickening really. I fly into the airport just north of that area for training once a year and let me tell you, its scary. If I had someone like Michael Brown attacking others, attacking me, charging me, punching me etc, I too would have shot him. Easy to sit in your chair in "Ottawa" and moderate us racist, redneck black hating fools on MMO-Champ but its a totally different animal altogether when you are the cop making this extremely tough choice.

Wow what a joke. What kind of signal does this give to hopeless criminal people who have nothing to loose if you can try to murder a cop and get rightfully shot in the process and your family will be rewarded with money for it?

Wilson is a true american hero, he should get that money instead.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-06-24 at 12:16 PM.

It's completely useless to argue with the usual suspects : Breitbart and Alex Jones must have told them that Michael Jones was ''a thug'' (the subtle code words), therefore he is a thug and they would instantly believe that he was part of the Weather Underground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Wrong as usual. 1.5 million is chump change for a wrongful death payout. This was simply to silence the protests and shut the family up. This guy was a thug, a known criminal who attacked a clerk, attacked a cop, tried to take a cops gun, charged said cop after being told to get on the ground.

Whats really telling is that you are so OK with people who break the law and how quickly you are to the side with criminal in this case, Michael Brown. Sickening really. I fly into the airport just north of that area for training once a year and let me tell you, its scary. If I had someone like Michael Brown attacking others, attacking me, charging me, punching me etc, I too would have shot him. Easy to sit in your chair in "Ottawa" and moderate us racist, redneck black hating fools on MMO-Champ but its a totally different animal altogether when you are the cop making this extremely tough choice.
    It's because the stoopid SJWs don't instantly believe hysterical sites making stuff up about minorities. Michal Brown did not had a felony record . The usual sites made that up for an agitprop campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Conclusion:
    One dead thug who got into an altercation with a police officer, tried to fight him and/or grab his gun and got killed in the process. Good riddance.
    What part of "Wilson said as much in court" did you not understand?

What part of "Wilson said as much in court" did you not understand?
    You can keep repeating the same lie over and over again that Wilson said Brown never tried to reach for his gun, but it's not going to make it true. Sounds like you've been reading too much fake news.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news...ng-for-his-gun

Wilson never claimed that Brown tried to grab the gun out of his holster. What he did say in court is that Brown tried to grab the gun after Wilson had already unsheathed it in response to a physical attack from Brown.
    Last edited by Travis B; 2017-06-24 at 01:41 PM.