Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Honestly just fuck off. Most of the people on these forums hate the mere fact you still post here. You're cancer on these forums, go fuck yourself.
    And fuck whatever mod is letting you slip by.
    I've never posted such vitriol aimed at another poster like this. I feel sorry for you that this is what you're doing with your free time. Spewing hate at others. Your loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Once Canada turns 150 I will take a break. Is 1 week enough?
    Whatever floats your boat. Off the seas of Canada and into the world.

I've never posted such vitriol aimed at another poster like this. I feel sorry for you that this is what you're doing with your free time. Spewing hate at others. Your loss.
    I mean not at other posters but you do have an obsession with belittling (I'm being nice here) fat people, think women can only be defenseless, fragile animals or ripped butch-types, and the not-so-subtle threads about single people being pathetic and depressed for not being married.

Actually the U.S. tried invading in the war of 1812 and they haven't tried since then. I ain't worried. One. Bit.
    really? becuase im pretty sure we have change a good deal since 1812. Im pretty sure one of our branches reserve has more than your entire country does armed forces. If we invaded there really wouldnt be shit you could do about it without receiving aid from the UN or Natofrom across the ocean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoHasPlotProtectionandCannotBeNamed
    Lastly, how about ice fishing with the indigenous peoples?
    Well, now, about that ... how about a few more pictures for balance, and maybe some information for discussion?

Doug Saunders: Just 100,000 Canadians – about 0.3 per cent of us – live in the three northern territories. What do southerners most misunderstand about the Canadian North?

Mary Simon: I would like more Canadians to understand and value what it means to be “Arctic nation.” Some years ago, when I was president of Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami (Canada’s national Inuit organization) I toured the country making presentations to Canadians on why the Arctic matters. The Canadian Arctic is the homeland of Inuit and other Aboriginal peoples, and compromises a large part of the geography of our country. It is not, as a former Minister of Indian Affairs mused, “our frozen treasure chest.”

There is no other region in Canada that faces the breadth of complex environmental, social and political issues found today in the Arctic.
    Like all Canadians, Inuit are working hard to feed our families and live comfortably, and we want our children to succeed in school and find meaningful work. To achieve a lifestyle comparable to other Canadians, Inuit must be involved and truly benefit from resource development and not at a cost to the environment that families still draw a livelihood around.
    Source: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle16404201/

Using this as a cute photo op to feed a self indulgent blogger's ego is pretty much right in line with the "frozen treasure chest" bit. Let's look at the other pictures, the one's without the privileged tourists (yes, I read who that is).

The case of Ileen Kooneeliusie raises questions about how a person living in a territory with a high incidence of tuberculosis could not be diagnosed in time to save her life.

Last month, Canada's auditor general highlighted gaps in Nunavut's health care system, particularly when it came to language barriers with Inuit patients. But one TB expert in Toronto says the questions in this case extend beyond the care Kooneeliusie received in Nunavut.

"The World Health Organization runs programs all over the world in very poor countries," says Dr. Michael Gardam, the medical director of the tuberculosis clinic at Toronto Western Hospital.

"There's no reason why we should having a problem managing tuberculosis in Canada."
    Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/...usie-1.4036205

And then there is this problem:

Suicide is one of the territory’s most pressing public health issues. Nunavut’s suicide rate is 10 times the Canadian average and much higher than that for young men. It is difficult to find anyone in Nunavut who hasn’t had a friend or family member commit suicide.
    Source: http://www.macleans.ca/news/suicide-...alth-problems/

Look at the happy tourists! Now look at this:

Source: http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/o...out-of-mind-2/

Or this:

A 2014 report from the Royal Canadian mounted police said 1,181 indigenous women had been murdered or gone missing in Canada between 1980 and 2012 – of whom 1,017 were victims of homicide. Recent months have seen the number revised upwards, with one government minister estimating that as many as 4,000 indigenous women had gone missing or been murdered during the three-decade period.
    Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rdered-inquiry
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    really? becuase im pretty sure we have change a good deal since 1812. Im pretty sure one of our branches reserve has more than your entire country does armed forces. If we invaded there really wouldnt be shit you could do about it without receiving aid from the UN or Natofrom across the ocean.
    Erm and Canada is basically the U.S.'s closest ally. Why should I be worried?

Erm and Canada is basically the U.S.'s closest ally. Why should I be worried?
    You made it out like we couldnt roflstomp canada if it tickled our fancy.

Deleted
    What the hell is this ultra nationalistic nazi thread? Why is this far right bullshit allowed, mods?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't we all just get along?

Deleted
    We don't really need a new Canada birthday countdown-thread every single day, especially considering that they all have pretty much the same type of content - which could easily be kept in one of them.

Closing.