Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"No cameras allowed at the briefing? Fine, we'll bring a sketch artist."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/23/medi...ist/index.html

The White House has been prohibiting cameras at some press briefings, so on Friday CNN got creative and sent a sketch artist.

Bill Hennessy, the network's regular sketch artist for Supreme Court proceedings, headed over to the White House on Friday afternoon and drew Press Secretary Sean Spicer's afternoon briefing.

He didn't have his usual easel, but he stood in the back of the briefing room to document the scene.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Hahaha, that's fantastic. They should start bringing stenographers as well.

Commander Spicer looking good.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Commander Spicer looking good.

Cameras adds 10 pounds, Pens shave off 10 pounds lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got you fam!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-The-WH-Hiding

Mine isn't colorized though...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously USA, this joke was draged out waayy to long, it's ok, we get it, you're the funny country, now bring out the real president.

Sincerely - The rest of the World.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spicer is fatter than that
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Damn. Spicer looks good in that picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf why ban cameras? How stupid are these fucking people. Every day its some backwards shit with them. Now they dont want to be recorded saying dumb shit when they get pressed? Fucking cowards
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Wtf why ban cameras? How stupid are these fucking people
    Wondering the exact same. White House is already suffering from the public's mistrust.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Wtf why ban cameras? How stupid are these fucking people. Every day its some backwards shit with them. Now they dont want to be recorded saying dumb shit when they get pressed? Fucking cowards
    I personally think that our press has gotten soften. At least the big cable networks. As correspondents its their job to press the WH, not passively complain about the way the WH is handling the press after hours. Old reporters (RIP, a lot of them are dying off) would raise hell if the WH hid from the press for 1-2 weeks, if the WH straight up lied to their faces.

Cable news will not survive the passing of the Baby Boomers if they don't adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    How are you making this the press' fault?
    Not so much the presses fault but I don't think the press is pressing the WH enough. If you don't stand up for your rights then those rights are forfeit. So far the press really hasn't done much to call the WH out on its nonsense.

What do you want them to do, though? Short of taking the issue to the courts, what recourse do they have?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Seriously USA, this joke was draged out waayy to long, it's ok, we get it, you're the funny country, now bring out the real president.

Sincerely - The rest of the World.
    i love people that speak on behalf of 6 billion people pretending they represent the opinion of 100% of global population.

not only you behave like a god but also you wanna everybody to think the same way.

WOW.

Time to ban pencils, pens, and all drawing materials in the briefings, people should not be allowed to record the crazy shit we say in anyway, shape, or form.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    i love people that speak on behalf of 6 billion people pretending they represent the opinion of 100% of global population.

not only you behave like a god but also you wanna everybody to think the same way.

WOW.
    I'm actually speaking on behalf of 7187343118 people.

How else is a god supposed to behave?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Next time they should send a caricaturist. It'd be perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I personally think that our press has gotten soften. At least the big cable networks. As correspondents its their job to press the WH, not passively complain about the way the WH is handling the press after hours. Old reporters (RIP, a lot of them are dying off) would raise hell if the WH hid from the press for 1-2 weeks, if the WH straight up lied to their faces.

Cable news will not survive the passing of the Baby Boomers if they don't adapt.
    CNN is doing a pretty good job making sure the issue is known. The problem is that it should bother everyone, and it doesn't seem to bother Trump supporters, or Republicans at large much at all. They'd rather keep enabling him so they can cling to power.

Dereliction of duty.

Taking energy back to coal, aircraft carriers back to steam and cameras back to sketches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Time to ban pencils, pens, and all drawing materials in the briefings, people should not be allowed to record the crazy shit we say in anyway, shape, or form.
    Woodcut renaissance incoming?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.