The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of things for money, they didn't transfer my old account, and not performing amazing. Still feels pretty fun though, will need more play time to know for sure. Hopefully more this weekend.
    BAD WOLF

So...I guess we don't get the full sprint as GM's anymore? We need to unlock it normally? I got most of my cosmetic items, thankfully, but where are you supposed to get the weapons for owning TSW? >.>

And where do you get the keys as a patron? Or are those stored somewhere else in the UI >.>
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-06-24 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...I guess we don't get the full sprint as GM's anymore? We need to unlock it normally? I got most of my cosmetic items, thankfully, but where are you supposed to get the weapons for owning TSW? >.>

And where do you get the keys as a patron? Or are those stored somewhere else in the UI >.>
    Patrons automatically get all the Weapon Proficiency's, you just need to get a Weapon and equip it. The Mission's reward a Loot Bag with gear which can include Weapons.

I got my favored combo within the first 3 Missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I used the auction house and bought one immediately with the 3k currency you get at the beginning.

Disappointed we don't get a choice asap. I guess the ARG weapons would solve that, but that wont release for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Patrons automatically get all the Weapon Proficiency's, you just need to get a Weapon and equip it. The Mission's reward a Loot Bag with gear which can include Weapons.

I got my favored combo within the first 3 Missions.
    Wait ONLy parons? I thought those who owned TSW got all weapon proficiencies unlocked default? and WTFH only ONE slot when i had 8 in TSW?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

Only reason I can think of is to force as many people as they can to use the auction house and their new currency.
    Agreed. Non Patrons can still use the AH for trading which seems to be their Goal.

I still think there should only be one Currency. It seems like they're losing out on revenue by locking Cosmetic items behind Marks of Favor. I know I'd be whipping out my Credit Card to dump some cash on outfits right now if that wasn't the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Wait ONLy parons? I thought those who owned TSW got all weapon proficiencies unlocked default? and WTFH only ONE slot when i had 8 in TSW?
    I'm not sure. I'm both since I pre-ordered TSW and I'm a Lifetime sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Agreed. Non Patrons can still use the AH for trading which seems to be their Goal.

I still think there should only be one Currency. It seems like they're losing out on revenue by locking Cosmetic items behind Marks of Favor. I know I'd be whipping out my Credit Card to dump some cash on outfits right now if that wasn't the case.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure. I'm both since I pre-ordered TSW and I'm a Lifetime sub.
    Ahhh OK well I didn't see weapons open in tutorial at least kinda disheartening. I knew I wouldn't get A LOT of perks but I expected at least sone. And I did sync my accounts or think I did

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who purchased TSW and linked their old account to their new SWL account gets all weapons unlocked. Small downside is I could not find anyplace to purchase basic starting weapons to take advantage of that fact. I ended up having to buy one off of the AH. It's kind of dumb to me that there isn't an option to pick what two starting weapons you want and you are forced to start with one of the pre-set combos. I was planning on going shotgun/blood since that was what I used in the original game but I had to start with pistol/shotgun and then buy a blood focus off of the AH. Ended up setting aside the shotgun for now and running blood/pistol. It works great for taking out small groups.

Yeah, I had 3 character slots in TSW. Not a lot but still, only have one now as well.

Um just finished downloading but can't play. I get the error "can't connect to authentication server. check your firewall."

EDIT: Nvm, fixed on restart.

But wtf, only one character slot?

Also I thought they said they improved the faces?

Silent protagonist and long-winded monologues are still stupid.
    Last edited by ramjb; 2017-06-24 at 08:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Anyone who purchased TSW and linked their old account to their new SWL account gets all weapons unlocked. Small downside is I could not find anyplace to purchase basic starting weapons to take advantage of that fact. I ended up having to buy one off of the AH. It's kind of dumb to me that there isn't an option to pick what two starting weapons you want and you are forced to start with one of the pre-set combos. I was planning on going shotgun/blood since that was what I used in the original game but I had to start with pistol/shotgun and then buy a blood focus off of the AH. Ended up setting aside the shotgun for now and running blood/pistol. It works great for taking out small groups.

Yeah, I had 3 character slots in TSW. Not a lot but still, only have one now as well.
    Hmm weird it says I need to buy them. Is it because I am in a tutorial or do I need to equip one?

If I have played 3 years ago, after game became buy-to-play, can I still link accounts and unlock all weapons?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Hmm weird it says I need to buy them. Is it because I am in a tutorial or do I need to equip one?
    i think you get em once you're in kingsmouth.. check for a mail icon or something like that in the lower right corner i think that's how i got them unlocked

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    If I have played 3 years ago, after game became buy-to-play, can I still link accounts and unlock all weapons?
    yeah i did.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So... how do we claim the items from the ARG thing? Anybody found out? Google isn't telling me anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you have to make it to Agartha. Once you get to that point (or past it) click on the drop down menu in the top left, then on I think it is "Delivered Items" and in the new window that pops up there is a button to link your old account. That will give you any earned clothing items, sprints, and pets you had as well as unlock all the weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So... how do we claim the items from the ARG thing? Anybody found out? Google isn't telling me anything.
    I don't think we can until it is complete. It looks like only 3 of 6 puzzles have been unlocked thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Syterix View Post
    Someone just asked this in chat and said to press the last button on the dressing room I think it was, hidden stuff there, something like that.
    I found that Tab. The missing stuff seems to be all my Deck Outfits that I unlocked. I forgot that stuff I had was Templar specific.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what are the best weapons?

I started with pistols and shotgun and the combat is just meh. No impact feeling or any weight at all, are all weapons like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

I started with pistols and shotgun and the combat is just meh. No impact feeling or any weight at all, are all weapons like this?
    I went with ele/chaos. The combat is gonna be shit regardless of weapon. I knew very well combat wasn't SWL strong point. After all I'm only playing it for the great story and atmosphere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    >They unlock the client download roughly an hour before the servers are supposed to come online
    >The game is 20 gigs in size, which takes 4 hours to download with average internet

Really activates my almonds.
    The download itself is throttled by the files it can manage to download anyway it seems, mine struggles to hit 2.2mb/s and that's with 50Mbit, it dives frequent into 1mb/s

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

Chaos is fun. I'm running Chaos/Shotgun since it has a nice combo of Defense, Self Healing and Damage.

oh.. dear lord. I understand, more or less nerfing combat... but why in a world did they nerf CHARACTER CREATOR????? I couldn't even recreate my original TSW character, because there are just not enough options. the only thing that is still there is her hairstyle and skintone. also.. so far, aside from having acess to all weapons and some transferred over cosmetics, I'm seeing no perks that I could get as an original game owner? at this point I'm thinking whatever story i didn't yet finish, I'll just finish out in original game. grinding and mistakes at picking upgrades costing me more grinding and all.