7+ Year Old Account

Why does perfume smell disappear?

Is it because our body gets used to the smell and filters it out or something? I can smell perfume on others quite well but after a while i can't smell mine anymore. It makes me nervous when around people cause i don't want to smell like a perfume factory either by spraying too much but at the same time i dont want to have no scent at all (or worse a bad scent). So either the perfume i use sucks or my body filters the smell from me?

The smell goes away because the chemicals evaporate or stop reacting over time.

It's a combination of factors.

1) Over time you become "noseblind" to your own bodily smells or smells that are in the environment around you. Case in point: If you go to a little town called Taft in California, the first thing you notice is that it smells like a gigantic wet fart. That's the oil leases they have running there. After a few hours you hardly notice it, and after a day or so, you forget about it (except for the few minutes after you wake up and your nose has "soft reset" overnight).

2) Evaporation, rubbing off of particles from the spray, other stronger environmental smells. Perfumes are liquids. As such, they do evaporate over time. Temperature and humidity play a large role in how long those particles stay adhered to skin. Rubbing of clothing or jewelery can also dislodge those particles sooner than they would otherwise go on their own.

3) The ever present, even if in "not noticeable", sweat (urea). Your body does sweat. You may not notice it much or at all if it doesn't become a drenching type of sweat that you can see or physically feel by force, but it does happen. Urea breaks down anything you have on your skin. It's acidic - that's why sweat burns your eyes when water does not.

4) Your own pheromones may actually conflict with the perfume, thus diluting it instead of enhancing it. This one's the hardest to deal with because picking a scent you like that also closely resembles or enhances your own bodily scent is very difficult. That's why so many people end up just overkilling with perfume and turning others off - they use a perfume too strong or of the wrong scent and the result is less than pleasing. This one will take experimentation to figure out which scent you like that seems to work best with the people you're trying to attract.

Protip: If it's hot and humid, skip the perfume and stick with sunscreen/anti-persperant. Your perfume will see the least amount of "uptime" in those conditions.

You just get used to smelling it and get desensitized to it. I feel the same way about my body wash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    It's a combination of factors.

1) Over time you become "noseblind" to your own bodily smells or smells that are in the environment around you. Case in point: If you go to a little town called Taft in California, the first thing you notice is that it smells like a gigantic wet fart. That's the oil leases they have running there. After a few hours you hardly notice it, and after a day or so, you forget about it (except for the few minutes after you wake up and your nose has "soft reset" overnight).

2) Evaporation, rubbing off of particles from the spray, other stronger environmental smells. Perfumes are liquids. As such, they do evaporate over time. Temperature and humidity play a large role in how long those particles stay adhered to skin. Rubbing of clothing or jewelery can also dislodge those particles sooner than they would otherwise go on their own.

3) The ever present, even if in "not noticeable", sweat (urea). Your body does sweat. You may not notice it much or at all if it doesn't become a drenching type of sweat that you can see or physically feel by force, but it does happen. Urea breaks down anything you have on your skin. It's acidic - that's why sweat burns your eyes when water does not.

4) Your own pheromones may actually conflict with the perfume, thus diluting it instead of enhancing it. This one's the hardest to deal with because picking a scent you like that also closely resembles or enhances your own bodily scent is very difficult. That's why so many people end up just overkilling with perfume and turning others off - they use a perfume too strong or of the wrong scent and the result is less than pleasing. This one will take experimentation to figure out which scent you like that seems to work best with the people you're trying to attract.

Protip: If it's hot and humid, skip the perfume and stick with sunscreen/anti-persperant. Your perfume will see the least amount of "uptime" in those conditions.
    Damn that's very in-depth, didn't expect that from mmo. Thanks!

7+ Year Old Account
    Me too heh thats explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is also the reason for the rule that if you can smell your own perfume/aftershave/body spray or whatever, then you are wearing too much. There are also some tricks you can use to make your perfume last longer (for others to smell): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-make-day.html

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/b...7078980001.mp4

What? Three quasi adoptive daughters and Fiancee 2.1 is in health and beauty.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The feeling of smell is ground-breaking and moving. They state it's the rarest type of memory and an extraordinary one at that. If you, my woman, are on the chase for another aroma that suits your style and keeps going extremely long, this rundown of 25 best Burberry perfumes for women see more info visit this site sheispicky(dot)com.

Evaporation, rubbing off of debris from the spray, different stronger environmental smells. Perfumes are drinks. As such, they do evaporate through the years. Temperature and humidity play a large function in how long those debris stay adhered to skin. Rubbing of apparel or jewelery can also dislodge those particles sooner than they might in any other case pass on their own. But if really want best one perfume, then read the reviews[/URL] first for choosing the best.

A lot of it's just volatility.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because there is a god that knows stepping into a elevator during morning rush hour in a office building can sometimes be vomit and migraine inducing levels of fake stank.

Is it because our body gets used to the smell and filters it or something like that? I can smell the perfume of others well, but after a while I will not smell it. It makes me nervous when people around me make me not spray perfume with a lot of spray, but at the same time I do not want to smell at all (or worse, it smells bad). Does the perfume I use suck or does my body filter the odor?

But don't worry you can try WBM BODY SPRAY that lasts longer and will not fad way, you will smell it for longer time.
    we are providing high quality products with 50% discounts

wbminternational.pk

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Cute necro!
    Holy shit look at that 2017-06-24, 06:11 AM
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Did we just have a nercoing bot try to answer the question? How helpful!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Did we just have a nercoing bot try to answer the question? How helpful!
    My god your right I just confirmed that does in fact link to a pakistanian online shopping site that works what kind of madness just happened here I want to know just how it picks up this thread.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2020-12-29 at 12:32 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Triple necro.... haven't seen that before. Usually they are closed after first or the second time.

Impressive for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.