Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    -Extremely easy, no challenge at all
    -Gives raid-equivalent gear for effort that does not equal to the effort that's put into raiding mythic
    -Bred a whole generation of M+ heroes who think that they're hot shit
    -3 tiers of cutting edge achievements isn't enough to get into a M+ run
    -MANDATORY if you are a mythic raider because the weekly chest is too good to pass up

Need I say more?
    Someday there will be a "Special Snowflake" title just so everyone can see how awesome you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    8 months in and I still haven't tried M+. Seems like a waste of time honestly IMO.
    The reality is that this doesn't make it a waste of time.

I'm like yourself, by the way. I don't do Mythic+ because I despise the timer - it simply piles pressure on players who are new or inexperienced with the format, and sets them up for failure that they'll be brutally blamed for when it all goes wrong. I think that's a horrible situation to be in.

But it takes nothing away from anyone, provides five-man content for players that want something more challenging, and is a secondary means of gearing up for those who can't commit to a raiding schedule. That, like Challenge Modes before them, makes the feature a success (and an unmitigated one).

Personally, all it'd take to see folks like me want to get involved is the removal of the timer. I honestly just don't get why it's there, because it's wholly unnecessary. Back during the Cataclysm days, the designers spoke clearly about wanting to move away from bullrushing through dungeons like your ass is on fire, before making exactly that the plan when Challenge Modes debuted in Mists. They weren't especially popular then, and it seems Mythic+ isn't especially popular now.

Remove the timer, bring more casual players into it, and it'll be much better (in terms of participation) no doubt.

I don't mind it sticking around as long as it doesn't eat up a big chunk of development time every expansion.

Lol, only 3 tiers of cutting edge, probably Garrosh, Archimonde, and Xavius.

I'd reject you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Thats not even the point how the hell you get your AP? At this point you must be at least 10 points behind everyone.
    People actually do M+ for AP still? That's kinda sad.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    The reality is that this doesn't make it a waste of time.

I'm like yourself, by the way. I don't do Mythic+ because I despise the timer - it simply piles pressure on players who are new or inexperienced with the format, and sets them up for failure that they'll be brutally blamed for when it all goes wrong. I think that's a horrible situation to be in.

But it takes nothing away from anyone, provides five-man content for players that want something more challenging, and is a secondary means of gearing up for those who can't commit to a raiding schedule. That, like Challenge Modes before them, makes the feature a success (and an unmitigated one).

Personally, all it'd take to see folks like me want to get involved is the removal of the timer. I honestly just don't get why it's there, because it's wholly unnecessary. Back during the Cataclysm days, the designers spoke clearly about wanting to move away from bullrushing through dungeons like your ass is on fire, before making exactly that the plan when Challenge Modes debuted in Mists. They weren't especially popular then, and it seems Mythic+ isn't especially popular now.

Remove the timer, bring more casual players into it, and it'll be much better (in terms of participation) no doubt.
    Honestly with the recent change the timer is not a big deal anymore, timers could be tough to beat when you were going to 3 chest, they are very lenient when just going for completion. It's mostly just there to prevent you from waiting for cooldowns for every pull and boss.

Also mythic+ is far far more popular than challenge modes, they can hardly even be compared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Honestly with the recent change the timer is not a big deal anymore, timers could be tough to beat when you were going to 3 chest, they are very lenient when just going for completion. It's mostly just there to prevent you from waiting for cooldowns for every pull and boss.

Also mythic+ is far far more popular than challenge modes, they can hardly even be compared.
    True timer don't matter anymore.

It's harder than most raiding
    Gives gear to match the difficulty
    M+ heroes are usually better than raidheroes
    Achievements are indeed meaningless to get into a m+ run, especially raid ones.
    Mandatory for no one except the most hardcore players

You need to say alot more since now you just seem like someone not good enough to do mythic +

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather they just scrap Mythic raiding or make it use template characters like PvP. Participation is extremely low but the impact that Mythic raiding has on the rest of the game, balance, etc is quite high.,

I hope you are scrapped irl. Mythic plus is the best addition to the game in its full life span. It's not going anywhere as well. They were building towards this as early as mop.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

what a low quality and outdated troll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No it doesnt, increasing stats until it becomes unbeatable doesnt equal difficulty.
    So remove Mythic raiding too ??

I mean LFR is piss easy, you can do it even AFK so why is there Mythic raiding ???

/s

15+ Year Old Account
    -Gives raid-equivalent gear for effort that does not equal to the effort that's put into raiding mythic
    -MANDATORY if you are a mythic raider because the weekly chest is too good to pass up

Need I say more?
    Whats ur highest clear on time? 20+ after 7.2 ?
    It sounds like ur a whiny brat who is to lazy to do even ONE M+ pr week for the weekly chest, or were u 1 of those who were boosted?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Thats why Diablo 3 has a healthy community.

Oh wait, its dead, just like your sense of difficulty.
    That's weird, seems alive to me everytime a new season starts.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

Need I say more?
    While I do hope it is scrapped, I don't agree with all of your points. Here's my list of why it should be scrapped:

- It is extremely lazy design effort by Blizz. It is the same dungeon with some hokey variables put in on a random weekly schedule.
    - The varying levels of M+ demonstrates that the game's scaling is out of hand. They aren't fixing the problem, they just came up with a band-aid that idiots think are genius. (Single target now ranging from around 275k in early raiding gear (855) to around 700k in easily achievable gear (900) in the same expansion to likely around 1.1m - or about 4x more - in what will become fairly common gear in a few months (925)...people that is broken scaling)
    - Creates additional separation between players. If it isn't M+{x} level, then I'm not going.
    - Encourages the childish "Go! Go! Go!" mentality which further enhances the separation between players. I'm not running this M+{x} level with anything less than 30 iLevels above what is needed.

Based on the username, a previous topic complaining about hunter nerfs and the fact this is the only person with that name with any mythic raiding experience I'm pretty sure this is OP:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...alakir/wilfire
    https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...l-akir/Wilfire (not sure why some kills are missing on here)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...rankingzone=11

Some things to note:

- Plays BM Hunter, arguably the easiest and most mobile spec in the game (at least to play at a decent level)
    - One of those cutting edges was probably Helya and was obtained on the last possible day when it was trivial.
    - He misses most of the harder NH Mythic kills and looks like he got boosted to cutting edge Gul'dan with the only log being a 2% DPS ranking.

Mythic+ Experience
    Amount of Mythic 2+ Dungeons completed in time: 23
    Amount of Mythic 5+ Dungeons completed in time: 18
    Amount of Mythic 10+ Dungeons completed in time: 9
    Amount of Mythic 15+ Dungeons completed in time: 1

- If this is truly OP I'm amazed he feels like he can talk about M+ difficulty after doing so little of them and no high ones ever.

I hope it's not OP as that would make this topic even more a sham than it already is but the name, class and mythic raiding fits so.
    Last edited by OniHouse; 2017-06-24 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Yeah over the years I've gotten more and more casual the more I play and the older I get. I mainly play for the lore and nostalgia now a days. Sigh. I wish they would make WC4 or remaster WC3. the good ol days :'(

EDIT: how do I get to ilvl 900 at this rate? i've been stuck on 889 for a while now, with my lowest item ilvl being 865
    You can upgrade crafted items up to 900 as by now.

No it doesnt, increasing stats until it becomes unbeatable doesnt equal difficulty.
    Yes it does...

The affixes and the increasing difficulty of taking down mobs and bosses is difficulty.

Deleted
    Same way Mythic raiding bred people like you who thinks you're hot shit and you deserve to be invited to any group because you got carried by your guild / bought your spot.

You can't get into M+ runs because you're a douche, not because you don't have enough experience.
    Beta Club Brosquad