Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    gl with that.

- - - Updated - - -

if for you 40 years of our history can only be determined by "white male supremacy" then youre indeed ignorant close-minded person.
    You just said the best era in our history was due to prominence of the "white culture" !
    -
    America as a white country with white culture peaked indeed in 1910-1950s.
    Imo since the 60s we are no longer a 100% european country ( and its not only about colored people becoming a larger sect of population, rather a cultural thing)
    -
    Can't figure if you are praising "white culture" or mocking it.

-
    considering it was the best era in our history... you decide
    Are you fucking kidding me?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Consider that you would have a higher standard of living back in the 50's in America than what you have today.
    Internet, 2 day Delivery on almost anything I want, Cordless phones, uber, almost driverless cars. Yep 1950 sure had a higher standard of living. What fairy tale are you basing this on? Sitcoms?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

$10/hr was a lot in the 70s.
    I think the optimism in the country hit a high note in the 50s.
    The 60s had everyone looking to the stars.
    It was up until that point that we had the greatest expansion of the middle class.
    The dollar was in god-mode when it came to purchasing power. (Funny how a strong dollar rallied US markets back then, but today it's the reverse.) And if I recall correctly, it took a factory worker one day (in the 50s) to earn enough money to pay the closing costs on a new house, then selling for around $10k. A single person making minimum wage could work his way out of poverty pretty easily. And even in the 70s, you could work a summer job and pay off tuition for a year at a decent college/university.

So yeah, things are totally suck today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Internet, 2 day Delivery on almost anything I want, Cordless phones, uber, almost driverless cars. Yep 1950 sure had a higher standard of living. What fairy tale are you basing this on? Sitcoms?
    Distractions that you are paying for and have been convinced you absolutely need.
    Essentially they are garbage that you can live without.

Deleted
    Didn't the US still have racial segregation in the 50's?

Okay China beats us out in 2050. One reason for this is they have 1/6th of all humans on the planet are Chinese.

Look at our neighbor Mexico.

The key to a high GDP is people. The US is the only Western country that will experience positive population growth over the next 50 years. Not only through immigration, but US citizens are generally more fertile that citizens in other Western nations.

As long as our population grows, we haven't peaked. The US is still an empty country.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we not please

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Looking at the overall picture here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Looking at the overall picture here.
    That is still a pretty darn big spot on a society.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The 50s were so great with the whole denying people rights based on their race thing. So great.

The US was doing good economically in the 50's because Europe kind of destroyed itself in the previous decade.
    Yes in a very simple explanation this is correct. Thy United States had great opportunity after the wars and WWII in particular. While its great to pat ourselves on the back, being the only economy helps. Plus if you want to get into the whole nationalism part we had to manufacture most for our economy.

To bad not everyone benefited from the "Golden Age".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Lol, who makes less than $10/hr besides maybe teenagers
    Can't tell if you didn't look at the graph you quoted or what.

The point was even with higher earnings, those earnings mean less now than they did before.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    One may almost think that's what these people miss about the 50s.

So what are your thoughts? Am I being full of bullshit or do you agree with me?
    Bullshit. You made this up and have no data, information or objective standards to present your argument. It's just how you feel- which is fine. But anyone can say how they feel; ultimately it doesn't mean much.

By the way, the U.S. is still pretty darn good. By good, I mean the best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ing_downgrades

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._GDP_(nominal)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors.../#165ba49254ef

http://fortune.com/2015/09/30/americ...th-inequality/

http://time.com/3951130/americans-income-pew/

https://www.stockinvestor.com/21676/...-versus-world/

- - - Updated - - -

Consider that you would have a higher standard of living back in the 50's in America than what you have today.
    This is totally false.

Through innovation alone we enjoy currently a better quality of life than at any point in human history. Like literally today, June 24th 2017, is better than June 24th 2016 in our technology and available options for living.

There is never a time in human history were the past was 'better'. The best time to be alive is always in the present. We do not downgrade as a species. That is a concept sprung from nostalgia, fantasy and the vestiges of superstition old white guys from Europe long ago.

History has never gone backward.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-06-24 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    You just said the best era in our history was due to prominence of the "white culture" !
    -

-

-

Are you fucking kidding me?

and now plz differentiate white supremacy and a society with a predominately western-european (white) culture

how are you so racist lol?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    America peaked in the 50's as an AAAA grade country, dropping down to AAA grade in the 70's and further down to AA in the 90's... I consider now America to be an A grade country with prediction that it will drop down to B grade sometime during the 2030's.

So what are your thoughts? Am I being full of bullshit or do you agree with me?
    Eh, I would say that is far too early. I mean I would say its fair to say America peaked but really the high mark is from the 50-90's. Realistically that is a half-century which is pretty damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    America had a great economy in the 50s because the rest of the world had just spent 6 years blowing itself to pieces for the second time in about 30 years.

The conditions that allowed for those times are hopefully never coming back.
    This pretty much explains it right here.

Nah, the 50s are too bleak to be America's peak. There's no way to gloss over how abysmal America's treatment of non-white people was back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Why does he need to back it up? Just ask same question to people in foreign countries that you usually would never pick.
    When you want to measure something, you need to use.. yanno, measurements.

I would understand if the question were "Peaked in the 50s based off... gold standard or credit score or SOMETHING."

Instead the question was effectively "Do you rate america a Gooble, a Rankin, or a Mackle." Without any measurement basis, you can't discuss ranking. AAAA means nothing. AAA means nothing. B means nothing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    and now plz differentiate white supremacy and a society with a predominately western-european (white) culture

how are you so racist lol?
    Stop being stupid. I didn't call the nation white supremacist, I called YOU one ...
    Statements like the reason a nation thrives ( which in the case of the 50s and the US is objectively wrong by the way) is due to prominence of white culture IS by definition the words of a white supremacist.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Stop being stupid. I didn't call the nation white supremacist, I called YOU one ...
    Statements like the reason a nation thrives ( which in the case of the 50s and the US is objectively wrong by the way) is due to prominence of white culture IS by definition the words of a white supremacist.
    1) i dont believe in white race supremacy
    2) i do believe that the western european democratic liberal culture is superior to all the others

i dont care how people look as long as our western culture is predominant which is in decline in our country since 60s due to immigration ( people bring their values and believes instead of instantly adopting ours)
    basically i am against multiculturalism of any forms while being an internationalist.

If racism was the metric then Europe as a whole would be abysmal in comparison for at least the past century.
    As a whole, the US was awesome in the 50s-60s...