Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    I have played FF14 since 1.0, so longer then 99% of the people on these forums, I consider the FF community worse then WoW, at least EU side of things, overall it is the most hypocritical as well.
    I have played it for 2 months and I'm 99% sure you don't have the 99% data to back up that claim.

I don't even know why are we discussing this as it is of common knowledge how any MMO community could be. Comparing communities is yet another tryhard measuring dicks contest between MMOs.

I like to go by the "I'm nice, I don't expect others to be nice, but it won't change my mentality if others are being rude as I don't wanna be like them" guy

Amount of people coming on my server to whisper me abuse for kicking them for being AFK in PvP is quite amusing.

Well don't afk in PvP and I wouldn't have vote dismissed you. Good XP or not I don't give a fuck. You don't afk.

Seriously this kind of shit is going to make them consider removing the generous XP gain from it if people are just going to abuse it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Amount of people coming on my server to whisper me abuse for kicking them for being AFK in PvP is quite amusing.
    I'd advice you to report them for both 1) being AFK in Frontlines and 2) possible hate tells from them.

Deleted
    I have played FF14 since 1.0, so longer then 99% of the people on these forums, I consider the FF community worse then WoW, at least EU side of things, overall it is the most hypocritical as well.
    That's probably because you suck and don't take critisism very well. Perhaps the my little pony mmo is your cup of tea?

Quote Originally Posted by dender View Post
    That's probably because you suck and don't take critisism very well. Perhaps the my little pony mmo is your cup of tea?
    Is that your only argument?

I think the FF14 community is worse in some areas. Ironically some of the community try and pull the "you don't pay my sub" card if you offer them help with mechanics. They get way too defensive sometimes if you offer to help which I don't understand why. Ask a WHM to "use protect please" and they tear you a new one over it.

However FF14 community does have a good solid RP base, the toxicity itself is low and overall there is a good vibe.

But what does someone not being able to take criticism have to do with them playing 1.0?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-24 at 02:11 PM.

Do note that more often than not, I see the "you don't pay my sub" reply used more as a joke or in a sarcastic manner than an actual "fuck you for trying to help me" reply.

Well first meangerie attempt got to 13% then both tanks and healers said all their gear broke at once and wanted to be kicked followed by a successful vote abandon...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    Someone just gave me 1 million gil randomly in East Shroud randomly but I didn't notice until I returned to Uldah... So I couldn't even say thanks, or "why the fuck?" D:
    You sure you're not playing on the Omega server? You get 1m gil and 15 days playtime when you hit level 30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Do note that more often than not, I see the "you don't pay my sub" reply used more as a joke or in a sarcastic manner than an actual "fuck you for trying to help me" reply.
    Yeah, whatever dood.

Deleted
    Funny as I am actually pro hard content, but nice try , if you follow my posting pattern on this thread you will understand it so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Is that your only argument?

I think the FF14 community is worse in some areas. Ironically some of the community try and pull the "you don't pay my sub" card if you offer them help with mechanics. They get way too defensive sometimes if you offer to help which I don't understand why. Ask a WHM to "use protect please" and they tear you a new one over it.

However FF14 community does have a good solid RP base, the toxicity itself is low and overall there is a good vibe.

But what does someone not being able to take criticism have to do with them playing 1.0?
    Not actually sure that poster read my post at all, wonder if said poster even beaten T5, T9 and T13 properly, even have recorded videos of the first kills with my raid team .

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah, whatever dood.
    Heh, nice.

BRB gonna name my chocobo something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Heh, nice.

BRB gonna name my chocobo something to that effect.
    We need a Yoda style name.

Pay'mysub Youdo'not!

Second attempt after another 40 minute que tank leaves after one wipe followed by the usual domino effect followed by sitting watching one join then leave, one join then leave, one join then leave on repeat for ten minutes before going back to the que because nobody will join and rather reque again instead of waiting for a party. If theres one thing i personally hate about this games userbase its how easily 90% of them will give up if somethings perceived as 'hard'.

So, has anyone here completed the Kugane tower jumping puzzle yet?
    Last edited by Graeham; 2017-06-24 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Second attempt after another 40 minute que tank leaves after one wipe followed by the usual domino effect followed by sitting watching one join then leave, one join then leave, one join then leave on repeat for ten minutes before going back to the que because nobody will join and rather reque again instead of waiting for a party. If theres one thing i personally hate about this games userbase its how easily 90% of them will give up if somethings perceived as 'hard'.
    It's generally not that the content is hard. Its that calling people out gets you banned. In wow, if a hunter is doing poorly you call them out, they get kicked, then they either get better or quit. I had a lvl 70 samurai doing 1200 dps in ex roulette kugane Castle yesterday. I asked them if they wanted help with there rotation and they ignored me. Tried to vote kick but failed. Now I have no choice, 40 minute dungeon or 30 minute penalty and 20 minute run. The problem is that the community isnt empowered to make people get better.

Deleted
    Funny as I am actually pro hard content, but nice try , if you follow my posting pattern on this thread you will understand it so.

[COLOR="#417394"]- - - Updated - - -[/

Not actually sure that poster read my post at all, wonder if said poster even beaten T5, T9 and T13 properly, even have recorded videos of the first kills with my raid team .
    Pictures or it didn't happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtkreoss View Post
    It's generally not that the content is hard. Its that calling people out gets you banned. In wow, if a hunter is doing poorly you call them out, they get kicked, then they either get better or quit. I had a lvl 70 samurai doing 1200 dps in ex roulette kugane Castle yesterday. I asked them if they wanted help with there rotation and they ignored me. Tried to vote kick but failed. Now I have no choice, 40 minute dungeon or 30 minute penalty and 20 minute run. The problem is that the community isnt empowered to make people get better.
    It's not that long, you can clear it faster than that, even with 1 DPS.

Deleted
    Pictures or it didn't happen
    Ah seems like I took the bait, you seem to be a white knight from when I said FF14 community being worse then WoWs.

bllleeeeeerrrgg, 3 more groups and each time at least one tank that refuses to learn the fight and trys to brute force it and dps that do sweet bugger all.

Both times the healers said "thanks to the RDM for raising the scrubs while we heal" since i played the part of DRG/SAM babysitter during the fights. Good lord. it never ceases to amaze me that theres a subset of mmo players -probably that kind that only play mmos- that cannot deal with a boss with more than 3 abilities. They just cannot deal and its so bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtkreoss View Post
    The fact that you said they either get better or quit, is the reason we don't have a damage meter in FF14. Why would a company provide a tool that lets players judge each other, possibly grief each other, and push players away from the game. They dont want people quitting.

Was the samurai causing wipes? Or just a slower run? If it was evident you couldn't complete the dungeon with that person in your party, I could sympathize. If you just didn't want the run to take 10 minutes longer, well, frankly your the one that is having the issue then, and it's on you to own that and eat the penalty.

WoW is the only mmo i know of and played that had damage meters in game. All of these other games played just fine without them. The only people that ever seemed to care are exwow players. And even then, only a portion of them. I just don't see the point of constantly arguing about something even the devs have said they dont want in their game.