Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic+ would be good if it was actually about getting better and better and harder and harder. Some sort of long-term progression. Like you actually WANT to get to the highest level.

Instead of farming the same crap difficulties for WF/TF and then when Blizzard patches in some welfare patch, just doing the same thing but at a higher number.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    -Extremely easy, no challenge at all
    -Gives raid-equivalent gear for effort that does not equal to the effort that's put into raiding mythic
    -Bred a whole generation of M+ heroes who think that they're hot shit
    -3 tiers of cutting edge achievements isn't enough to get into a M+ run
    -MANDATORY if you are a mythic raider because the weekly chest is too good to pass up

Need I say more?
    You will never be as good as Jaylock. This is an amateur attempt
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Well if you didnt know they are actually remastering WC3 and Diablo 2.
    I heard that but I also heard it's just rumor and speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    You can upgrade crafted items up to 900 as by now.
    I have none :c Most of my gear is 880 ferocious glad gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    -Extremely easy, no challenge at all
    Your m+ score must be miles ahead of everyone else with that attitude.

M+ is one of the worse things they copied from D3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Troll thread.

Presents opinions as facts.

Uses personal experience as context.

Close this troll thread before it gets out of hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Honestly with the recent change the timer is not a big deal anymore, timers could be tough to beat when you were going to 3 chest, they are very lenient when just going for completion. It's mostly just there to prevent you from waiting for cooldowns for every pull and boss.

Also mythic+ is far far more popular than challenge modes, they can hardly even be compared.
    Aye, that may well be true; I've not done 'em since the changes were put in. But that doesn't change that timed content, ultimately, sucks. I'm not in the mood to queue up for a PuG, zone in, make one mistake because I've no experience with Mythic+, and then get cussed out and kicked for the pleasure of starting it all over again.

It's just not for me.

As for popularity, you can gear up in Mythic+ and it's the most efficient way of picking up artifact power for geared raiders. That's what makes it more "popular" I'd suggest, given that the gameplay is absolutely identical.

Are you spamming +2's?

Never done it but don't see why should I ask others not to do it.
    If you don't like it don't do it, that simple.

Deleted
    The fact that you can run so many of them makes M+ a really bad system imo. Even with different affixes, i got really tired of running the same dungeons, and i barely did about 150 or so across all my characters. I could handle doing the lower M+ because you can relax while running them, but timed content is not my thing.
    WoD mythic dungeons were cool, you could run them once a week for loot. That's how it should've been.

I kinda prefer well a balanced instances with a focus on bosses and tactical handling of trash... but I think those days are past. Kids these days just want to aoe stun chain pull everything.

M+ just needs a few tweaks and it'll be a lot better.
    Make the dungeons longer so it's less spammy, maybe 1 hour for an average run
    Have the bosses drop gear just as regular dungeons do but at their base iLvl
    At the end of a run you get an upgrade token so you can upgrade a piece of gear from that dungeon to a certain iLvl, capping out at heroic raid iLvls eventually. You can only get one token per difficulty and dungeon per week.
    Have the trash be someone dangerous, requiring cc and coordination, focusing down targets rather and aoe everything.

Need I say more?

Please don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy them depending on what class I'm playing.

On my Arc Arcane mage it feels fun and fast paced, cleaving your way through endless mobs to beat the timer.

On my Shadow Priest it feels like I'm just chasing my team through the dungeon trying to get some damage off through dots before everything dies.

Though higher difficulties tend to make it more engaging for my shadow priest, admittedly.

Sounds like someone got turned down for a mythic+

Possibly recently returned and can't understand why their super duper old achievements won't get him into a worthwhile M+ group with his 880 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    8 months in and I still haven't tried M+. Seems like a waste of time honestly IMO.

But then again that's probably why my main is still ilvl 890 still and everyone else already 900+ :/
    Once you stop worrying about ilvl, the game is ok.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Actually, Blizzard just needs to stop focusing purely on mythic raiders and realize that the vast, vast majority of their playerbase doesn't give a fuck about that. The loud and very, very, very small minority -- which includes all the "no way dude, I'm totally a mythic raider, honest injun!!!!" douchenozzles on the forums who think saying that shit makes them sound hardcore rather than ridiculous (which is what it really does) -- not withstanding.

I'll never understand the shitty arguments the aforementioned players give for why mythic raiders deserve all the best gear (cosmetic or otherwise), too. "We need it for our raidz!" No, you don't need a cool mount for your raiding. No, you don't need a cool title for your raiding. Your reward is that you're already getting the best gear mechanically. The fun shit needs to be available for all the other people playing the game so they can have something to aspire to that they enjoy doing. And no, most people playing the game don't enjoy raiding, let alone mythic raiding (or dungeons for that matter).

But nope, that's totally beyond Blizzard's pathetically small collective brain to comprehend, as it is for most of the (again) aforementioned forum posters. They have the same idiotic mentality towards PVP, too. Not a single person in the history of the game asked for rated battlegrounds to be a separate, isolated, and elitist version of normal battlegrounds, let alone one with superior rewards in every conceivable way. Yet... boom, that's what they did.

Good luck trying to convince any of them (Blizzard or the elitist few) of any of that, though. Case in point, nearly every future reply to this post.

the second there is no more limitless m+ grinding and ap, I will reactivate my account.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I kinda prefer well a balanced instances with a focus on bosses and tactical handling of trash... but I think those days are past. Kids these days just want to aoe stun chain pull everything.
    Take your nostalgia goggles off please, there was nothing difficult or interesting about having to cc every mob, it was just tedious. Doing high end mythic+ trash right now is far more difficult and engaging than the heroic dungeons of tbc. They were good for their time and I had a lot of fun doing them back then just as I'm having a lot of fun doing mythic+ dungeons now but the game has improved significantly since then.

Also I recommend trying some high mythic+ runs on tyrannical weeks especially if you're looking for some interesting 5 man bosses, no other 5 man content in the previous expansions will really come close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    snip
    All I can say is that people will just never understand what the OP means when they are speaking because they can't convey it properly.

It *used* to be human nature that the more effort put into something the higher the reward. That's it, point blank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Take your nostalgia goggles off please, there was nothing difficult or interesting about having to cc every mob, it was just tedious. Doing high end mythic+ trash right now is far more difficult and engaging than the heroic dungeons of tbc. They were good for their time and I had a lot of fun doing them back then just as I'm having a lot of fun doing mythic+ dungeons now but the game has improved significantly since then.

Also I recommend trying some high mythic+ runs on tyrannical weeks especially if you're looking for some interesting 5 man bosses, no other 5 man content in the previous expansions will really come close to that.
    Technically, it required effort. That, plus the fact that if you broke a CC and there was actually a risk you would die. Of all the things the casuals could complain about nostalgia, this is like the least crazy thing.