Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Prot pally here.
    I save all my AM for felclaws pretty much and cycle between eye of tyr and ardent defender to handle every cycle.
    My current complaint is that I can't help much with standing in big swirlies =(.
    You can bop yourself, or bop someone else to eat the big meteor. Paladin's are really strong in that aspect.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not very reliable as opposed to staggering it off, ironfur, etc. I could rotate AD in there but even then it's not something I can do at a whim.
    That said we had other members use immunities and external cds to manage it.

I tanked him as DH with a Prot Paladin. As a DH, you always want to have Demon Spikes up while tanking Fel Claws. It won't be enough, meaning you'll have to combine that with other cooldowns (Fiery Brand, Arch trinket which can absorb one blow out of 5, Meta is very welcomed because of armor and hp boost). Last Resort is mandatory in this fight compared to the others : DI is a more offensive talent while Soul Barrier base shield is too low compared to the heavy melee hits the boss is dealing.

And of course, don't forget to use externals such as Iron Bark/HoS/Cocoon to help you. The offtank taunts the boss once the other tank gets the 5th stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Yeah, will do.
    Another thing a prot warrior can do is hold Nelth's fury for the 4th and 5th hit of fel claws it helps a lot, just after the 3rd one wait half a second or so and start channeling should cover the last 2 hits of it which are the most deadly

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Prot pally here.
    I save all my AM for felclaws pretty much and cycle between eye of tyr and ardent defender to handle every cycle.
    My current complaint is that I can't help much with standing in big swirlies =(.
    This was my experience as well.

i did it as prot warr if u use neltharions fury aka 100% block just right before 4 swipe u get zero from 4-5 ez

As Prot warrior, as people have already mentioned, pool some IP with Shield Block to cover the first few, and use Nelth Fury for the last 2-3. Throw in a Demo Shout/Last stand if you feel unsafe. I used Anger Management iirc, on our normal kill. I've yet to try him on Heroic, but i'm sure it's going to be fun Some fun boss fights to tank in ToS!
    Item level means NOTHING. It is merely a way for Blizzard to categorize their items. Sure, there's a system, but judge the *item* not it's level.* (Archangel-wowhead forums-2007)

Are you kidding me?

Every tank that is around 905ilvl should have no problem tanking this boss on hc.
    It is as simple as 5stacks of felcalws swap.

Hooray you won.

I mean, tanks not using active mitigation and not calling for buttload of extarnals your raid has should be removed from your raiding group asap.
    It is this simple i tanked this on a druid and on dk.
    Druid i had always rots/bark up + 2 stacks of if, if for some reason i messed up my own cd rotations i was calling out for a sac or ironbark.
    On dk i never needed anything external as i was close to 20mil hp with Vblood up and 10 stacks of bone armor, with having 2/3's banked up for hit 4 and 5 i never went under 70% hp and yes you will have Vamp blood up for each felclaws.

The issue here is your tanks been bad and nothing else.
    The only tank that i can see struggling is paladin here due to the poor performance and how sotr works.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've got way too much overlap on fel claws. No way should both tanks have it up at the same time. It's quite simple. Tank 1 starts the pull. Felclaws. 5th stack on the tank is by the time the boss' Felclaws buffs expires. The very second tank 1 hits stack 5, Tank 2 taunts. DO NOT have both tanks standing on top of each other. Fel Claws is a cleave. Only one at a time should be getting hit by it.

Anyone saying take 4 stacks then let the other tank take 1. No. Just no. That's bad. It means the other tank is now taking 20% more dmg the entire time until the boss does it again. It's much easier to learn how to survive 5 stacks then swap.

Since the majority of the boss' dmg comes in with this ability it should be pretty easy to have CDs for each Felclaws. Your paladin wants SotR to be up AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE during Felclaws. Especially the 4th and 5th hits which would be a one-shot without any defensives.

Your final attempt in particular is REALLY bad felclaws management. Look. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...45509&fight=19

You've got THREE tanks all having felclaws on them at the same time. Through most of the fight. If there are no ice blocks, bubbles, turtles etc to soak the big armageddons you need a tank to soak it. And if that tank has stacks of Felclaws debuff, they'll get hit WAY harder if not fucked outright. At one point your monk is at 10 stacks, and though irrelevant it's worth mentioning your DPS are getting stacks too which indicates a positioning fail. It's unnecessary healing. Just have the boss facing away from the raid at all times. Fair enough if people get clipped by it when going to soak an armageddon but the amount of dps getting hit by it on your log indicates more than mere bad luck.
    Last edited by Will; 2017-06-26 at 01:50 PM.

Our warrior takes 3 stacks and I (bear) take the last two, and the warrior takes it back as soon as his stacks fall off. I can have Barkskin or RotS up as soon as I take the second stack and it lasts until the taunt swap. Bonus for having RotS up during the singularity. We never tried 3 tanking.

I was 2 tanking heroic as brm with a prot pally in a pug and we didn't have any issues taking the full 5 at 912 ilvl.

lots of talk higher ilvls than a lot of normal grps will have, and people that are obviously raiding HC or mythic thus implying better than average skill saying its EZ. IMO for normal its over tuned, the average pug / F&F guild is going to struggle and i think that's the target for normal, no? I haven't seen HC yet and likely want for a few resets but at 909 (i think..) I'm dreading it. I no longer enjoy the omg slight lag spike death/wipe mechanics. Its ok in mythic due to its nature of being for the 1-5% of the player base, but below that nope imo.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    lots of talk higher ilvls than a lot of normal grps will have, and people that are obviously raiding HC or mythic thus implying better than average skill saying its EZ. IMO for normal its over tuned, the average pug / F&F guild is going to struggle and i think that's the target for normal, no? I haven't seen HC yet and likely want for a few resets but at 909 (i think..) I'm dreading it. I no longer enjoy the omg slight lag spike death/wipe mechanics. Its ok in mythic due to its nature of being for the 1-5% of the player base, but below that nope imo.
    For those guilds, getting to Kil'jaeden on week one is good enough. Considering the raid is likely to last 5-7 months, there's no need for them, or anyone else, to clear their target difficulty on week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    For those guilds, getting to Kil'jaeden on week one is good enough. Considering the raid is likely to last 5-7 months, there's no need for them, or anyone else, to clear their target difficulty on week 1.
    most likely wont get him to for weeks, my alt (frost DK) is in one of those guilds and they were ecstatic to down 3 bosses Sunday night in 3 hours... (i tried not to cringe.. and failed) but when they get there they will get wrecked simply cause the difficulty jump is to high from everything else to KJ imo. the curve needs to be evened out, and that means buffing bosses or nerfing KJ specifically felclaws since that's the wrecking point from what i've seen/heard. else i'll be asked to bring in my main which will over gear it by then to help carry /sigh.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    I tanked him on my VDH and was able to have Fiery Brand up for every other Felclaws which helps a lot and the ones I don't have it up for I use Meta and leggo trinket for shield. Of course all of those are on top of having 2 charges of DS up which will last through all the Fel Claws.

Even with those, I could still take death hits, which is why I also run Last Resort which pretty much procs every attempt...

You can also call for externals like Life Cocoon/Pain Supression/Sac/etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Are you kidding me?

Every tank that is around 905ilvl should have no problem tanking this boss on hc.
    It is as simple as 5stacks of felcalws swap.

Unless you're a BrM or maybe GDru, that won't happen. Even with your CDs the final Felclaws will be hitting you for 5-6 mill every 1.5s (or like over 10 mill if you don't use CDs which = insta-death) or how ever often he casts them (which are quick). I'd say it depends more on your healers than the tanks at that point. All we tanks can do is pop our CDs and hold on to our butts.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-06-26 at 07:20 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Honestly, Fel claws itself doesn't hit too hard. What will instagib you is when you take a melee swing after fel claws ends. Best bet, like others said, is to have 1 tank take 5 stacks, and the other taunt as soon as the 5th stack drops (Fel claws buff will still be on the boss, but he wont swing with it). Essentially you don't want to be tanking the boss if you have any stacks (Unneccessary damage for the healers).

No need to 3 tank.

I've tanked it on heroic on my DK without needing any externals comfortably for all 5 fel claws, Vampiric blood combined with pooling RP is more than enough to make it through. (If you're iLvl is lower, take runetap instead of foul bulwark, and use rune tap on the last two.) Archimonde's is also very strong here too. You could alternate

Did it as DK and warrior last night. As DK I'm using Dancing Rune Weapon and then Vamp Blood on the Fel Claws, and Rune Tap on the meteor hits.

The warrior had a much harder time of it. Most of our deaths happened on the meteors when he had stacks. Our solution to this was to delay taunting the boss after Fel Claws if meteor was about to come in so I could soak it before taunting.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I tanked him on my VDH and was able to have Fiery Brand up for every other Felclaws which helps a lot and the ones I don't have it up for I use Meta and leggo trinket for shield. Of course all of those are on top of having 2 charges of DS up which will last through all the Fel Claws.

Even with those, I could still take death hits, which is why I also run Last Resort which pretty much procs every attempt...

You can also call for externals like Life Cocoon/Pain Supression/Sac/etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you're a BrM or maybe GDru, that won't happen. Even with your CDs the final Felclaws will be hitting you for 5-6 mill every 1.5s (or like over 10 mill if you don't use CDs which = insta-death) or how ever often he casts them (which are quick). I'd say it depends more on your healers than the tanks at that point. All we tanks can do is pop our CDs and hold on to our butts.
    No, no, no, just no.

Do your research.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    No, you're doing it wrong. The only thing that will kill you is him melee hitting you when you are already at 5+ stacks, to counter that you do a tankswap when stacks reaches 5, problem solved.

Deleted
    When I did heroic KJ I had no problem to take 5 felclaw stacks as prot warrior, but I did noticed that sometimes when tanks taunt swap at 5 stack other tank with 0 debuffs get hit like he had 5 debuffs first swing from boss, which I think is because if you taunt swap same time as KJ melee swing then it's damage is calculated already based on previous target.