Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation New server merges incoming?

Greetings all,

Starting today we’ll be performing a connected realm test on the PTR and we’re looking for as many players as possible to help. A new temporary realm named ‘Temporus’ will be coming online from 6/23 until 6/26. Character copy is enabled on this realm, we would like you to copy your Live characters over to this realm via the ‘Character Copy’ button, log in, and take stock of your character’s gear and progress, including:

• Completed quests
    • In-Progress quests and current progression
    • Current gear loadout
    • Achievements (both earned and in-progress)
    • Pets and mounts

Then, on Monday 6/26 the realm will come down and we’ll be connecting Temporus to the other PTR realms. Once complete, we’ll need those participating to log back in and check our work! Please comment below with your findings. We’re especially interested in finding out if anything is missing, or if there are any gameplay progression issues and other things of that nature.

Thanks in advance for your participation! Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates.
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...test-temporus/

Does it mean that new server merges are incoming?
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2017-06-24 at 05:36 PM.

Well, they don't need tests for connecting servers as they already did so.

It's rather a test for some greater tech, perhaps to get rid of servers and realms as a whole, except for namegiving purposes.

It only means that is a possibility, but I am not sure what they would need a test to achieve were that the case.
    Unless there is testing of some new stuff behind the scenes, which again could apply just to existing connections.

All it means in reality is they are testing something to do with connected realms.

Is it possible ?
    Yes.
    Do these tests indicate that ?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are most realms like these days? Pretty dead I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Pretty much the same as they were

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Does is mean that new server merges are incoming?
    OMG yes please. They completely ignored my server last time around. It's one lonely, desolate place. Would be awesome to get connected to another server.
    I will welcome any new tech that will merge/connect/embiggen my lonely little server.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...test-temporus/

Does is mean that new server merges are incoming?
    I hope not. Not every fucking one wants to be on a fucking huge server. If they did, they'd have moved there on their own for fuck's sake. I like my quiet little servers. If I want to raid or do group content, I have the LFG tool or OpenRaid. There's absolutely no reason for server merges. Free voluntary server transfers for those who want off? Sure. But not mergers.

I think it's moving toward a no realm format.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    More or less, yeah.

You have about 3 or 4 high pops and the rest are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's all accept the cold hard fact that wow will never maintain a 12 million subscriber count again(and tbh it's for the best at this point) and just merge everyone into 3 realms, a pvp, a pve, and a RP server, or if need be break it down into 4 realms: pve, rp-pve, pvp, and rp-pvp this way no one is excluded or forced into a realm with activities that don't appeal to them. There's tech out there that can 100% support this without any issues, there's absolutely no need for cross realm zones or 50+ realms.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are doing this merge because sub number is below 2 mil.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

merge sargeras and illidan <3

Quote Originally Posted by Staalsy View Post
    Pretty much the same as they were
    There are several realms that were high/full pop and currently they're med or low. Sargeras, Emerald Dream, Darkspear, Tichondrius, just off the top of my head. Those were always huge servers, not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    merge sargeras and illidan <3
    Oh imagine the tears

So many would cry. people that play on PVP realms don't exactly like fair fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post

It's rather a test for some greater tech, perhaps to get rid of servers and realms as a whole, except for namegiving purposes.
    Could be newer tech they're running and not sure how the mergers will play out, but I agree, I hope it's just getting rid of servers and just doing shard servers as needed.

Would be nice if they just ditched the realms completely and gave us the ability to have first and last names instead, would do the same thing except with infinitely more possibilities.

I'm hoping it's more realm connections, there's far too many low pops kicking about and it's not cool. I'm hoping they take my realm and merge it with another medium pop to create a high pop realm, maybe toss a few low pops in to make sure it's a high pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Would be nice if they just ditched the realms completely and gave us the ability to have first and last names instead, would do the same thing except with infinitely more possibilities.
    Fat chance of that happening, realm transfers is one of their most popular paid services, how will they profit off it if all realms became one? They wouldn't so they'd likely look for other methods to make up for the money lost and that concerns me greatly, it'll either be a price hike on current services (again) or more items coming from the Blizzard store.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2017-06-24 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    There are several realms that were high/full pop and currently they're med or low. Sargeras, Emerald Dream, Darkspear, Tichondrius, just off the top of my head. Those were always huge servers, not anymore.
    They upped server capacity over a year ago and changed the definitions to match dude. This was not secret.

Sargeras is still the largest PvP server in the US. It was the largest overall until Stormrage passed it at the beginning of WoD.

Tho I don't know why people think they'd merge sarg and not re-merge the withering tiny severs that saw no benefit from the last round but enjoy all the failures of CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    Oh imagine the tears

So many would cry. people that play on PVP realms don't exactly like fair fights.
    those invasions would be even more rewarding, its funny to see those lvl 10X hordies acting like they are hot shit because there's 45437654 more hordes with them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post

I disagree with the premise that they don't need tests for connecting realms. Yes, they've done this but if you remember it, it was obviously difficult and required all sorts of care. Many of the connected realm announced dates were moved out and there were some blue posts about the problems in merging the realm databases.

I doubt that they were happy with the first round on their side and set someone off to figure out a better way to do it. Perhaps that has now come to the point where it's ready for testing.

I have no doubt that some more connected realms are in the offing. Just a matter of time and getting the code right.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

This thread is going to be fucking FILLED with the doomsayers. Like flies to shit.
    Beta Club Brosquad