Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I sure hope so, atm low pop realms lost most of the benefits they held in the past like easy farming of rares because everything is CRZ-ed, while retaining all the downsides of a low pop like poor economy, empty AH and unsatisfactory range choice of guilds.

In the past at least the current expansion zones were exempt form CRZ, no longer the case in Legion with dynamic population based sharding, and tons of realmhoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This runs into the issue that the population overall across all servers leans to Horde and even more so on PVP realms. You can't get to balanced if the ratios of the entire population are off. Also, it's worth noting that for PVP realms that are extremely out-of-balance with respect to one faction or another many of the residents prefer it that way. I don't know why you sign up for a PVP realm to not PVP although I'm aware that the large PVP realms over the years have birthed some of the best raiding guilds in the game. Agree that it could be closer but it's worth considering that imbalanced realms like this are that way for a reason.
    Warcraft Realm's pop census info has faction balance at 64 A: 36 H on PvE servers and 37 A: 63 H on PvP servers. I think a general merge would still work out fine with those ratios, because the size of the overall population - even on the minority faction - would be large enough that it wouldn't be like Horde on Stormrage or Alliance on Illidan.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is purest bullshit although I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't know that they greatly increased realm capacities overnight some time ago. Most full realms went to medium and medium realms went to low in the space of six hours.
    Uk realms-112
    High-5
    Medium-16
    Low-91
    Yes game is healthy and in the best state since wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Warcraft Realm's pop census info has faction balance at 64 A: 36 H on PvE servers and 37 A: 63 H on PvP servers. I think a general merge would still work out fine with those ratios, because the size of the overall population - even on the minority faction - would be large enough that it wouldn't be like Horde on Stormrage or Alliance on Illidan.
    It's fantasy to expect that PVE and PVP servers will be merged for balance. I would guess if you could construct a valid poll around it that people care a lot more about being on a PVE or PVP realm than having a balanced population.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Uk realms-112
    High-5
    Medium-16
    Low-91
    Server caps were increased last year and the list was re-defined to reflect higher capacity.

You're not trying very hard son.

Uk realms-112
    High-5
    Medium-16
    Low-91
    I mean, doesn't that depend on what the actual definitions of high, medium and low are, and if realms in the medium or low category are still able to give a decent player experience? Realistically, everything is cross realm/CRZ in the game anyway. The only exceptions are Mythic raiding, the main Stormwind/Org capitals, the AH, and the structure of guilds. If you're not a Mythic raider, the player experience difference between US-Illidan and a dead realm probably isn't all that different is it?

1. http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyacti...hp?serverid=-1
    So in your opinion Legion is great and has 7-10 mil subs.
    2.Go to realm list and compare it to 6.2.2 realm population status.
    Pretty much dead
    Unless you have historical data of what WCRealms was reporting back in 6.2, there's no discussion here, you're comparing apples to oranges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    I mean, doesn't that depend on what the actual definitions of high, medium and low are, and if realms in the medium or low category are still able to give a decent player experience? Realistically, everything is cross realm/CRZ in the game anyway. The only exceptions are Mythic raiding, the main Stormwind/Org capitals, the AH, and the structure of guilds. If you're not a Mythic raider, the player experience difference between US-Illidan and a dead realm probably isn't all that different is it?
    When you're not very intelligent you tend not to care about facts at all.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Uk realms-112
    High-5
    Medium-16
    Low-91
    Well, then clearly, the correct course for Blizzard is to correct their theoretical maximum capacities for realms to something like 5% over the actual usage numbers. That way the realms would all read as full or nearly so and you would think the game is totally healthy. This would fix all the problems I'm sure.

C'mon, be honest. Are you really that out-of-touch with how this works?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    I hope not. Not every fucking one wants to be on a fucking huge server. If they did, they'd have moved there on their own for fuck's sake. I like my quiet little servers. If I want to raid or do group content, I have the LFG tool or OpenRaid. There's absolutely no reason for server merges. Free voluntary server transfers for those who want off? Sure. But not mergers.
    Or you could stop playing an MMO-RPG, and the game shouldn't be balanced around players like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I'm hoping it's more realm connections, there's far too many low pops kicking about and it's not cool. I'm hoping they take my realm and merge it with another medium pop to create a high pop realm, maybe toss a few low pops in to make sure it's a high pop.

Fat chance of that happening, realm transfers is one of their most popular paid services, how will they profit off it if all realms became one? They wouldn't so they'd likely look for other methods to make up for the money lost and that concerns me greatly, it'll either be a price hike on current services (again) or more items coming from the Blizzard store.
    The game is at the point that the needs of ream mergers outweighs the need for them to maintain a profit via those services. On top of that, the company is making more than enough money to triage what's left of WoW.

I hope not. Not every fucking one wants to be on a fucking huge server. If they did, they'd have moved there on their own for fuck's sake. I like my quiet little servers. If I want to raid or do group content, I have the LFG tool or OpenRaid. There's absolutely no reason for server merges. Free voluntary server transfers for those who want off? Sure. But not mergers.
    You are clueless, all the servers are already effectively merged. Low population servers still have CRZ in every zone, so rare hunting is the same on every server. The only things that are server specific are Auction House and mythic raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I really hope not, I choose to play on low pop servers and I don't want to be further forced into shit that I don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    You are clueless, all the servers are already effectively merged. Low population servers still have CRZ in every zone, so rare hunting is the same on every server. The only things that are server specific are Auction House and mythic raiding.
    Affects heroic raiding too. Yes you can PuG it but it is much nicer to have a stable raid team that can benefit from things cross-server can't.

I've been recruit officer on a tiny server - we accepted that we were going to have to PuG but you wouldn't believe how many times I heard

"I'm out of flasks, can I pay someone for one?"
    "Sure here you- oh."
    "Oh. Right."

And similar interactions. They're never going to transfer to the tiny server, so you just have to assume your team is eternally less healthy because they can't afford to move their established accounts of 12 years from one server to another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Does it mean that new server merges are incoming?
    No it doesnt at all. Just that they bring up a new ptr realm (finally)

I would guess if you could construct a valid poll around it that people care a lot more about being on a PVE or PVP realm than having a balanced population.
    Majority of players prefer being on a server where their faction is a majority rather than "balanced", otherwise we wouldn't see the natural tendency of creating high-pop 90%+ one-faction skewed servers. Players gravitate like this and only minority wants it differently.

Bonuses of being on a "1 faction" server: more guilds, more players to group with, if it's pvp server less chance of being ganked.
    Bonuses of being on a "balanced" server: you can enjoy world pvp I guess...? assuming it's a pvp server, you like world pvp, and it's not ruined by plenty of crz people around

People don't really enjoy having to play on a server where 50% of the players are someone who only adds to login queues during busy periods like expansion launches but they will never be able to interact with (with the exception of killing them in world pvp).

You are clueless, all the servers are already effectively merged. Low population servers still have CRZ in every zone, so rare hunting is the same on every server.
    No, you are clueless.

You can tell when you're on a low population server when in most of the game. (ie, outside the Broken Isles)

The only things that are server specific are Auction House and mythic raiding.
    And if those are fucking important to you, you can fucking transfer/start over on a large realm. Again: Not everyone wants to be on a fucking huge realm. Offering free server transfers would solve the problem 100% for any whiny little cunts who think they have to be on high population servers. There's no reason at all to force everyone to effectively move to a high pop server by merging them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Or you could stop playing an MMO-RPG, and the game shouldn't be balanced around players like yourself.
    Or you could realize that "MMO" doesn't mean "OMG, I HAF 2 PLAY WITH 342158932189347893417934849342 PPLZ AROUND ME @ ALL TIMEZZZ!" because that's not what it fucking means.

No, you are clueless.

You can tell when you're on a low population server when in most of the game. (ie, outside the Broken Isles)

And if those are fucking important to you, you can fucking transfer/start over on a large realm. Again: Not everyone wants to be on a fucking huge realm. Offering free server transfers would solve the problem 100% for any whiny little cunts who think they have to be on high population servers. There's no reason at all to force everyone to effectively move to a high pop server by merging them.

false dichotomy. the choice isn't 'high' or 'low' and nothing in between. move along.

oh and here I get to be a shitbag and say 'you aren't forced to do anything hurr durr it's just a game', the mmo-c trump card.

No, you don't, it's the same CRZ in every location. Old zones just don't have any reason to be there, dungeons are better for leveling.
    There's no reason at all to force everyone to effectively move to a high pop server by merging them.
    They did that five years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    false dichotomy. the choice isn't 'high' or 'low' and nothing in between. move along.
    It is when the goal is to merge all low population servers, turning them into effectively high server populations.

oh and here I get to be a shitbag and say 'you aren't forced to do anything hurr durr it's just a game', the mmo-c trump card.
    When you don't have a choice in the matter, that is you being forced to do something.

"Hurr durr."

- - - Updated - - -

No, you don't, it's the same CRZ in every location. Old zones just don't have any reason to be there, dungeons are better for leveling.
    Wrong. Your ignorance notwithstanding.

They did that five years ago.
    Wrong. If all realms were merged, they wouldn't, you know, need to fucking merge them. "Hurr durr."

Likewise, why does it fucking matter to you one way or another? I mean, according to people like you, it's already done. So it's a non-issue. "HURR DURR!!!!!!!!11111oneone"

It is when the goal is to merge all low population servers, turning them into effectively high server populations.

When you don't have a choice in the matter, that is you being forced to do something.

"Hurr durr."

Wrong. Your ignorance notwithstanding.

Wrong. If all realms were merged, they wouldn't, you know, need to fucking merge them. "Hurr durr."
    Strangely enough insulting someone does not make an argument based on false dichotomy that ignores server technology any stronger.

Anyway, good luck and have a nice day, my friend "forced" to play wow.