Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    wich makes no sense, because it used to be nm for normal, and hm for heroic, wich was logical ...

Quote Originally Posted by genbag View Post
    wich makes no sense, because it used to be nm for normal, and hm for heroic, wich was logical ...
    Well it used to be damage dealer for damage dealer, nowadays its dps, despite everyone dealing dps, not only damage dealers.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

It's still manageable, but definitely did feel like a jump from pretty much every other boss. The last boss I remember thinking 'hey this guy weirdly hits way harder than any of the other bosses' at first was Archimonde, so I guess that tracks.

Ultimately we found the most issues with the weird timing between fel clwas/armageddon in phase 2, where he'll often cast armageddon right after finishing his felclaws, so we ultimately had to figure out which was worse: delaying the tank swap and having them eat more melee hits with 5 stacks of felclaws, or doing the swap and the person who still has 5 stacks going to eat a meteor that's going to do double damage. We ultimately went with the former, since that's still technically healable, rather than having a decent chance at just going from 100-0 instantly. everything before/after that is fine though, just having to deal with felclaws

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    It's still manageable, but definitely did feel like a jump from pretty much every other boss. The last boss I remember thinking 'hey this guy weirdly hits way harder than any of the other bosses' at first was Archimonde, so I guess that tracks.

Ultimately we found the most issues with the weird timing between fel clwas/armageddon in phase 2, where he'll often cast armageddon right after finishing his felclaws, so we ultimately had to figure out which was worse: delaying the tank swap and having them eat more melee hits with 5 stacks of felclaws, or doing the swap and the person who still has 5 stacks going to eat a meteor that's going to do double damage. We ultimately went with the former, since that's still technically healable, rather than having a decent chance at just going from 100-0 instantly. everything before/after that is fine though, just having to deal with felclaws
    one thing u can do on that particular phase / combo is have a DPS take the big one, any pally can, mages can ice block it, and i think a hunter can turtle it. We had do it once when i no cool downs.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Best option is to make your tanks play another class. Paladins have been really terrible all expansion long, they take considerably more damage and can't reliably survive 2 hits from some things where other tanks can take 3-4 hits and still be fine.
    I tanked KJ as a paladin and didn't have much issue except the fact you need to switch after 4-5 stacks or use cds (I consider that pretty standard approach). The only "terrible" part about paladin is either you're tanky and do half the damage of any other tank class or you do comparable dps to other tanks while losing ~60% of your mitigation. I mean why paladins have to choose in the form of seraphim to do dps or be tanky while other tanks pick dps talents (spirit bomb, devastator, etc.) and get defensive benefit out of it even (spirit bomb leech, devastator extra rage generation).

Atm the only advantage of having a paladin is the extra bop they bring (or spellwarding on applicable fights, but on KJ bop is better for armageddon hail coverages).

Noticed that my pala ot had some problem with this boss as well, while I as a BDK could survive at 10 stacks (only happened because the pala died) he on the other hand could die at 3-4 for some reason. He pretty much changed his cd/rotation use and was pretty stable afterwards. I found it to be best to just take 5 stacks and then switch.

He's really rough on tanks
    While paladin usually have very good mitigation,their low health pool makes it very challenging to tank KJ
    Make sure to not get a single hit above 5 stacks,or you're dead,so both should be very ready to taunt
    Get stamina stat sticks,the trinket from desolate host really does make a difference for example,don't try to top DPS meters with DPS trinkets here,you need to focus on survival
    Try to have people with immunities take the armageddon hail,don't take the small armageddon either,you need to reduce the avoidable damage and keep everything you have for KJ.
    He seems to not be parriable/blockable during Fel claws btw.

He hits my blood DK for 8M per white hit,so I can see a paladin getting oneshot easily with their tiny healthpool

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Try to have people with immunities take the armageddon hail,
    Yeah, and being a pally you can bubble one while not actively tanking and you can use your bop on anyone in the raid to soak it even when you can't move from the boss. So that's always something you offer to the raid.

warriors can block at least 2 swing with artifact special

Deleted
    He seems to not be parriable/blockable during Fel claws btw.
    Felclaws are definetly blockable, makes me laugh as it does almost nothing to me as a prot warr

10+ Year Old Account
    Get monk. I didn't even know that this damage is high, cooldowns absolutely not required, just soak those hits and drink some beer to relax and meditate before getting meteor.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    you took 6 stacks?

And yes you're the best tank classes for it.
    Nah, Monks roll their face across the KB and don't even notice the boss is actually hitting them. Every other tank spec is far inferior to brewmaster here.

Fair, just don't hear about monks these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Felclaws are definetly blockable, makes me laugh as it does almost nothing to me as a prot warr
    Then I guess I got awful luck not parrying a single one,even when I can get up to 60% parry,oh well

Deleted
    Then I guess I got awful luck not parrying a single one,even when I can get up to 60% parry,oh well
    Maybe because they are not avoidable. Blocking only reduces the damage, Parrying and dodging avoids the damage completly

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Maybe because they are not avoidable. Blocking only reduces the damage, Parrying and dodging avoids the damage completly
    That makes more sense actually,I tend to do the common mistake of bundling parry/dodge with blocking

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    why the hell is Normal called NHC ?

it should be just Normal or N

Why the hell is Damage Dealer called DPS?

It should be just DD

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Why the hell is Damage Dealer called DPS?

It should be just DD
    DPS rolls better on the tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    why the hell is Normal called NHC ?

it should be just Normal or N
    It's obviously Normal Hard-Core mode.

One shot on each boss, no rezzes, you die - time to start leveling a new main.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It's obviously Normal Hard-Core mode.

One shot on each boss, no rezzes, you die - time to start leveling a new main.
    You pussy,if you get killed by a boss,you kill yourself the same way IRL
    it's the only true way to play WoW casual pleb

Now if you excuse me,I have to catch a fiery meteor with my face