Poll: Moonkin Form should be cosmetic

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    And the next thread can be about how they're "removing RPG elements and class fantasy from the gaem! HALP!!"... Amirite?

Glyph of Stars enables me to see my druid just fine.

I'd prefer it if they added more different forms through glyphs and such. Dryad, for example.

How does not forcing you to look like a Moonkin ruin class fantasy? The premise isn't advocating removing the form out of the game, merely the choice to opt out of it.

A big problem is that the moonkin models have always been gimmicks and awful.

It is just a big joke being a fat ugly chicken that screeches every time someone looks at it.

If blizzard actually bothered to give some better looking moonkin models then maybe it would not be as hated.

Either way i am constantly using the glyph of stars effect since it was released half a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    sorry, you're not worth my time - but have a nice bantime

- - - Updated - - -

Fact is, the moon only reflects the Light -the actual source in Warcraft is still the sun. I strongly believe the Xe'ra Elune buildup is for Legion only being that Illidan is a night elf and they worship the moon - hence Elune plays a central role in Legion.

BUT - and this is a strong but Xe'ra may very well not be the only Prime Naaru - I think a far greater Naaru exists with the power of the sun who is not yet named because we will see him only when we aer already done with the Legion and Illidan has become a pure Archanagel of Light as it is stated at the end of his novel. (minor spoilers for those who didn't know.) and we aere already fighting our main enemy: the void.

Xe'ra cleary is the Light and Arcane I have also made the same conclusion long ago in a previous post, but druidism is not limited to Night elves only. The tauren Worship the sun as much as the moon and the trolls apart from mainly worshiping the loa also have equally strong ties to the sun and the moon so a moonkin for them doesn't make as much sense as to worgen and night elves.

Alas if they were activated with Starsurge and deactivated with casting healing spells like the old game they would make much more sense gameplay and lore wise.
    Xe'ra isn't Arcane. Naaru are solely of the Light:

This is from Chronicles is what you can consider to be the bible of the Warcraft Universe, a textual and visual confirmation of the lore that Warcraft is going to stick by and rectifying it. So yeah, she's simply Light and also those that follow the Naaru like Draenei whether Paladin, Priest and such that are directly in the Naaru's shine.. They don't have Arcane in their arsenal. That's why Balance Druids follow Elune have both Solar (Light) and Lunar (Arcane)... Meanwhile those that follow Naaru only use Light.

As for the Prime Naaru, she is the first Naaru made when the ordering of the Cosmos came. I don't think any other Naaru will really take the mantle of the first because there can only be one 'first'. As for the terms of power, it's not really conjunctive to say because she is a Prime Naaru that she is automatically the strongest - after all, we only had her Heart within the Class Halls. A few have died too, those that died could have been stronger but if they were made by Elune, much like the Dragonflight or Titanic Watchers - they only have a proportion of power given to them.
    So yeah a greater one may exist but they aren't necessarily mean cosmic bodies, Titans in Chronicles were confirmed to be Celestial beings, planet sized too. Azeroth is also a Titan, one strong enough to defeat Sargeras but is nascent, with the planet or cosmic body being somewhat of an egg.

From that, the theory that the Sun is a Naaru isn't going to happen. Firstly, you hopped onto the boat given to you that Naaru may be Light that Elune made, and because the Sun appears in the gameplay style therefore is connected. Well, Druids don't follow Naaru, not even Taurens, Taurens as you rightly said follow An'she and Mu'sha from the Earth Mother... and they follow Elune. Secondly, from a visual prospect, straight from the Chronicles bible, the Naaru can't really be a symbolic Sun feature. On top of that they are displayed distinctively. Naaru look like a bunch.... of wind chimes and have done several times over, over several expansions and even timelines... You also have to bare in mind if that's the case then thing's like Mu'ru appearing and being made darker is incompatible, also Sargeras killing them too from the many planets/solar systems he's already destroyed. Fact is, there isn't that many nor has that kind of thing come to pass...

As for Illidan, I didn't really need the whole Light and Dark epitome to conclude he is pivot to the end of Burning Legion. I knew something was up as soon as 2011 in Blizzcon when Chris Metzen himself said his body wasn't in Black Temple. It was a bonus sure he was a person of Light but it seemed to me, Illidan from the very beginning including in Outlands, was simply "fighting fire with fire" and amassing an army to parallel the onslaught capabilities the Burning Legion had, I did summarise that Bolvar would come into play both being agents of Burning Legion too but Bolvar has an endless army supply as you could get but they've evidently saved that for another adventure. Anyway, We just were led and assumed it was to fight against Azeroth though numerous of times he banged on about Burning Legion, fought it many times and so on. Ironically, Burning Legion being with the realms of Fire magic and Illidan forsaking, Nature, Arcane, Frost and Fire magic as a Druid and Mage to become a Demon Hunter in a gameplay sense.

Also... Druidism was later exposed to other races like Taurens, Night Elves and Elune pre-date them by thousands of years as much as Trolls did before Night Elves came from Elune's transmogrification over the Trolls. Trolls also worship the Loa or Wild Gods better known to the Night Elves, the same beings that pop up throughout the Night Elves duration including Malorne who mated with Elune to make Cenarius the patron of Druidism. And to avoid confusion... Malorne and Cenarius pre-date the Trolls.
    The reason why it appears odd is that for years it was rumoured Night Elves came from Trolls but wasn't confirmed until now, but with the addition to the game it would have made that suspicion very much true. Back then, they didn't want to fan the flames till they were ready I suppose. It's why Taurens appear from the game to come before Trolls but they don't. Trolls were on Kalimdor too which means Moonkin was near them, and therefore taught the Taurens later who became allies with them... Just as much as Night Elves taught the Worgen near them when allied.
    When it comes to it you can say Taurens have a religion and not strictly going to be true to the actual ordering and purpose of things... For example An'she being the Sun, there isn't any physical actuation on it like Elune did since before you had the reality of Cenarius walking around and Malorne appearing more than once like in Cataclysm. Also the right eye is called Mu'sha not necessarily Elune herself, it's just referenced a lot for people as it seems the same... Like Odin, Zeus, God, and more being older, white bearded men in charge...
    That also said the Earth Mother in that religion is pretty much likened to Elune herself just in a mythological fashion, as the creator of land... well Elune created a new race, new beings and so on...

I find it perplexing you state things are outdated yet cannot see how relevant it still is, how it ties together and at the same time believe that Legion was the pivot to everything when it hasn't been.

You're simply staging your argument as I said on personal cosmetic and aesthetic agenda's with narrow attempts of making it purposeful based on selective reasoning. When you look at the entirety of lore and how pretty much they all support the concept of Moonkins... I feel there is a tremendous lack of awareness considering it is very well supported and even before Legion came. You preach outdated-ness yet Legion as I said even built upon it despite your reasons... On top of that, it has had continuous gameplay which stuck to the very principles of Balance from the get-go and consistent foundations included that have dealt with it for years and not just on one platform or format either.
    I have spoken a lot about the actual relevance Moonkin and their cousins have to the ideals of Balance and how now it makes much better sense then it ever did. That was the purpose of Legion, to finally acknowledge EVERYTHING and the liberate a culmination of decades long lore in the game, to confirm so many secrets and suspicions players merely grasped... The down side is barely anyone stops to read and take it in when it's all in your face... I mean for a long time players thought "why the hell is Azeroth so fucking special?!" well... it's not an Old God but it's a TITAN!

You should just love up that Glyph for the time being as Blizzard will most likely add more in the future like they did with the Warlock Pets because I'm not sure but I don't think Owl Bears will be going anytime soon.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-06-24 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Moonkin form has to matter. Making it cosmetic removes every feel the form has, that it makes you stronger and more connected to the moon etc. Making it cosmetic is practically removing it, as we can see it happened with treant form that pretty much no one uses.
    Yes, we have to preserve the class fantasy of a retarded laser chicken at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Xe'ra isn't Arcane. Naaru are solely of the Light:

This is from Chronicles is what you can consider to be the bible of the Warcraft Universe, a textual and visual confirmation of the lore that Warcraft is going to stick by and rectifying it. So yeah, she's simply Light and also those that follow the Naaru like Draenei whether Paladin, Priest and such that are directly in the Naaru's shine.. They don't have Arcane in their arsenal. That's why Balance Druids follow Elune have both Solar (Light) and Lunar (Arcane)... Meanwhile those that follow Naaru only use Light.

As for the Prime Naaru, she is the first Naaru made when the ordering of the Cosmos came. I don't think any other Naaru will really take the mantle of the first because there can only be one 'first'. As for the terms of power, it's not really conjunctive to say because she is a Prime Naaru that she is automatically the strongest - after all, we only had her Heart within the Class Halls. A few have died too, those that died could have been stronger but if they were made by Elune, much like the Dragonflight or Titanic Watchers - they only have a proportion of power given to them.
    So yeah a greater one may exist but they aren't necessarily mean cosmic bodies, Titans in Chronicles were confirmed to be Celestial beings, planet sized too. Azeroth is also a Titan, one strong enough to defeat Sargeras but is nascent, with the planet or cosmic body being somewhat of an egg.

From that, the theory that the Sun is a Naaru isn't going to happen. Firstly, you hopped onto the boat given to you that Naaru may be Light that Elune made, and because the Sun appears in the gameplay style therefore is connected. Well, Druids don't follow Naaru, not even Taurens, Taurens as you rightly said follow An'she and Mu'sha from the Earth Mother... and they follow Elune. Secondly, from a visual prospect, straight from the Chronicles bible, the Naaru can't really be a symbolic Sun feature. On top of that they are displayed distinctively. Naaru look like a bunch.... of wind chimes and have done several times over, over several expansions and even timelines... You also have to bare in mind if that's the case then thing's like Mu'ru appearing and being made darker is incompatible, also Sargeras killing them too from the many planets/solar systems he's already destroyed. Fact is, there isn't that many nor has that kind of thing come to pass...

As for Illidan, I didn't really need the whole Light and Dark epitome to conclude he is pivot to the end of Burning Legion. I knew something was up as soon as 2011 in Blizzcon when Chris Metzen himself said his body wasn't in Black Temple. It was a bonus sure he was a person of Light but it seemed to me, Illidan from the very beginning including in Outlands, was simply "fighting fire with fire" and amassing an army to parallel the onslaught capabilities the Burning Legion had, I did summarise that Bolvar would come into play both being agents of Burning Legion too but Bolvar has an endless army supply as you could get but they've evidently saved that for another adventure. Anyway, We just were led and assumed it was to fight against Azeroth though numerous of times he banged on about Burning Legion, fought it many times and so on. Ironically, Burning Legion being with the realms of Fire magic and Illidan forsaking, Nature, Arcane, Frost and Fire magic as a Druid and Mage to become a Demon Hunter in a gameplay sense.

Also... Druidism was later exposed to other races like Taurens, Night Elves and Elune pre-date them by thousands of years as much as Trolls did before Night Elves came from Elune's transmogrification over the Trolls. Trolls also worship the Loa or Wild Gods better known to the Night Elves, the same beings that pop up throughout the Night Elves duration including Malorne who mated with Elune to make Cenarius the patron of Druidism. And to avoid confusion... Malorne and Cenarius pre-date the Trolls.
    The reason why it appears odd is that for years it was rumoured Night Elves came from Trolls but wasn't confirmed until now, but with the addition to the game it would have made that suspicion very much true. Back then, they didn't want to fan the flames till they were ready I suppose. It's why Taurens appear from the game to come before Trolls but they don't. Trolls were on Kalimdor too which means Moonkin was near them, and therefore taught the Taurens later who became allies with them... Just as much as Night Elves taught the Worgen near them when allied.
    When it comes to it you can say Taurens have a religion and not strictly going to be true to the actual ordering and purpose of things... For example An'she being the Sun, there isn't any physical actuation on it like Elune did since before you had the reality of Cenarius walking around and Malorne appearing more than once like in Cataclysm. Also the right eye is called Mu'sha not necessarily Elune herself, it's just referenced a lot for people as it seems the same... Like Odin, Zeus, God, and more being older, white bearded men in charge...
    That also said the Earth Mother in that religion is pretty much likened to Elune herself just in a mythological fashion, as the creator of land... well Elune created a new race, new beings and so on...

I find it perplexing you state things are outdated yet cannot see how relevant it still is, how it ties together and at the same time believe that Legion was the pivot to everything when it hasn't been.

You're simply staging your argument as I said on personal cosmetic and aesthetic agenda's with narrow attempts of making it purposeful based on selective reasoning. When you look at the entirety of lore and how pretty much they all support the concept of Moonkins... I feel there is a tremendous lack of awareness considering it is very well supported and even before Legion came. You preach outdated-ness yet Legion as I said even built upon it despite your reasons... On top of that, it has had continuous gameplay which stuck to the very principles of Balance from the get-go and consistent foundations included that have dealt with it for years and not just on one platform or format either.
    I have spoken a lot about the actual relevance Moonkin and their cousins have to the ideals of Balance and how now it makes much better sense then it ever did. That was the purpose of Legion, to finally acknowledge EVERYTHING and the liberate a culmination of decades long lore in the game, to confirm so many secrets and suspicions players merely grasped... The down side is barely anyone stops to read and take it in when it's all in your face... I mean for a long time players thought "why the hell is Azeroth so fucking special?!" well... it's not an Old God but it's a TITAN!

You should just love up that Glyph for the time being as Blizzard will most likely add more in the future like they did with the Warlock Pets because I'm not sure but I don't think Owl Bears will be going anytime soon.
    This confirms it - you are a Jehova's Witness for sure

The moonkin model was neither added at the beginning of the game - as it came in a later patch - nor has it any real significance whatsoever unlike bear and cat for which strictly require the forms for their abilities. Moonkin form is an outdated gimmick and although well established and continued to being iterated upon in legion, is only a vestigial form like treant form kept for two things only: tradition and nostalgia.
    Being a druid does not equal to being transformed all the time. Sure it's a cool a culmination for short periods of time but by no means meant to be permanent as in the case of wolf druids.

If the game was remade now, moonkin form would be a short cooldown transformation activated by an ability and by far not a perpetual fat chicken form. As the game evolves it will be remde into exactly that in a few more expansions for sure as all classes start to become more action oriented and in the next expansion hopefully racial diversity will become a great focus too,
    As was class diversity in this xpack, and we start to get racial forms for class abilities hopefully like giant golden eagle wings for tauren paladin Avenging Wrath and so on.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-06-24 at 12:40 PM.

Glyph of Stars, you already don't have to look at laser shooting space chickens.

The moonkin model was neither added at the beginning of the game - as it came in a later patch - nor has it any real significance whatsoever unlike bear and cat for which strictly require the forms for their abilities. Moonkin form is an outdated gimmick and although well established and continued to being iterated upon in legion, is only a vestigial form like treant form kept for two things only: tradition and nostalgia.
    Moonkin has been around for as long as Balance has been an actually playable and not completely worthless spec, and is quite possible the single most iconic aspect of it, to the point were Balance Druids are more often referred to as some variation or allusion on "Moonkin" than their proper spec name.
    It may not be mechanically defining for the spec, but it is in a visual and thematic way.

Blizzard has no intention of removing the form. If they had wanted that, they'd have long since done so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that Druids are supposed to change into beast forms but it's actually what turns me off about them because I want to be my character, I want to see him fight not a crazy looking cat, bear, or Moonkin. I try to get into them from time to time but after like an hour at most I just lose interest. I really only ever played balance spec and I never really liked the Moonkin form. Same animations as ogres and their model is just boring to me. I want to see my cool druid gear and my character throwing all those cool spells not a naked Moonkin.

The star form glyph just doesn't really help either because you just become transparent and discolored. If anything I find it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I get that Druids are supposed to change into beast forms but it's actually what turns me off about them because I want to be my character, I want to see him fight not a crazy looking cat, bear, or Moonkin. I try to get into them from time to time but after like an hour at most I just lose interest. I really only ever played balance spec and I never really liked the Moonkin form. Same animations as ogres and their model is just boring to me. I want to see my cool druid gear and my character throwing all those cool spells not a naked Moonkin.

The star form glyph just doesn't really help either because you just become transparent and discolored. If anything I find it worse.
    So dont go into Moonkin form, you can still cast all your balance spells wihtout entering moonkin form.
    You will loose about 10% of your dps but you get to look at your transmog while doing it

Just as treant form is not mandatory anymore, so should moonkin form lay down. Sure it can stay as a cosmetic shapeshift, but the increase in effectiveness should be baseline for all Balance druids.
    Like you said, it was first the treant. Now it is the moonkin, what's next? feral and bear too?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how OP is ignoring glyph of stars.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schweddy View Post
    So dont go into Moonkin form, you can still cast all your balance spells wihtout entering moonkin form.
    You will loose about 10% of your dps but you get to look at your transmog while doing it
    I'm aware of that but why would I want to do that? I'd like to play as my base form but not with sacrificing my performance. Doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    A big problem is that the moonkin models have always been gimmicks and awful.

It is just a big joke being a fat ugly chicken that screeches every time someone looks at it.

If blizzard actually bothered to give some better looking moonkin models then maybe it would not be as hated.

Either way i am constantly using the glyph of stars effect since it was released half a decade ago.
    10+ year old gimmick, you're talking rubbish. Also may I add, Druids have probably had the most love when it comes to Blizzard creating new models for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I get that Druids are supposed to change into beast forms but it's actually what turns me off about them because I want to be my character, I want to see him fight not a crazy looking cat, bear, or Moonkin.
    Don't play a class that revolves around shifting in to different forms to fight. Leave it for the people who actually like the class for what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yes, we have to preserve the class fantasy of a retarded laser chicken at all costs.
    You're playing a fantasy MMO with cartoon'ish style graphics and you think that Moonkin's are retarded? Get out of here, if you don't like it, don't play it.

Being a druid does not equal to being transformed all the time. Sure it's a cool a culmination for short periods of time but by no means meant to be permanent as in the case of wolf druids.

If the game was remade now, moonkin form would be a short cooldown transformation activated by an ability and by far not a perpetual fat chicken form. As the game evolves it will be remade into exactly that in a few more expansions for sure as all classes start to become more action oriented and in the next expansion hopefully racial diversity will become a great focus too,
    As was class diversity in this xpack, and we start to get racial forms for class abilities hopefully like giant golden eagle wings for tauren paladin Avenging Wrath and so on.
    The old must comeback with an insult because you're mentally backed into a corner... Wow. Well, we're talking about fantasy here not reality so please don't try to pretend that it's worthwhile by trying to include it. Neither of the two subject matters do relate on it and just shows you really are ignorant. Religious matters also can't be discussed too much partake to the forum rules too.

Yes Moonkin Form was added in 1.8.0 but it was in-game as... Dun dun duuuun! A talent!! They just put in 1.8.0 the Form it could take as instead. You can probably say it was pointless but this being in Oct 2005 and it's now over 12 years nearly 13 years later with easily over 10 different game designers who are in charge of decisions like Moonkin Form and probably over 100 patches nearly 200 in that lifespan... It's safe to say I don't think they will be pruning it that back as much as you desire. It seems also you didn't read anything which said about RTS properly when I quoted many subjects like Elune, Night Elf Paladins, Suramar and such not necessarily Moonkin related Druidism. It was used to prove that Legion used pre-dated lore to create Legion which is what Moonkin Form has.

As I said to you it's outdated in your mind yet acknowledge things like Legion finalised class fantasy, but you forgot to add another to you queue of reasoning... Tradition, nostalgia and intentional purpose that even Blizzard chose several times over even when Balance was absolutely fucking dismal to play and needed either an god-like player to equate others DPS at the time or a serious buffing parade that slowly and surely filtered in, they kept Moonkin Form and for many reasons included. They go from strength to strength even when the whole development team changes over the lifespan of the online franchising... They still add in the glaringly obvious one of the Balance Form having the "Scythe of Elune" as their artifact. The empowered, mighty cornerstone of that spec in every sense...
    The lore makes the universe for what it is, that builds the game to be what it is and most likely will be improved upon when Elune is revealed in exactly what she is and the Naaru too.

That culmination of what do you refer to? The 13 years of in-game proposition of Moonkin by several years worth of work with teams of input including a new connection as to why a Balance Druid can use Solar energies along with Lunar energies? Or the Worgen Curse that ties in from years of lore, including Arugal and Gilneas, and in the end to why Worgens can be Druids? Why Goldrinn and Elune have history and why the very Scythe of Elune Balance received has a golden trait of Goldrinn that sends forth a shadow that damages it? Neither are just short periods of time... I mean they did books and comics on this whole strain of the Wolf Form and it's forbidden power, even Malfurion was involved and such. So I would say read the lore that extends far past the game because it also is referred in game even at the smallest glimmer, the best is Vol'jin's blood brother at his funeral in Orgrimmar... A human who watched a far. They didn't need to add that into game but it has a reason and wider impact than just to please someone visually.

Use your loaf beyond a selective deduction. There are several fields that included Moonkins. And sorry for you but Blizzard are not going to change it anytime soon when Legion came to fruit, after a long time of delisting Moonkin Form as a priority it came to pass that each racial version got a polygon upgrade. While not even touching other forms like... Flight Form and many Travel forms, even the original Bear and Cat forms too for all races.

Let's have a look here... So all in all for Druid class alone to consider Trolls, Tauren, Night Elves and Worgen as druids that all can be a Bear, Cat, Owl Bear, Tree... While being a Fight Form bird which some had 2 buildups. Travel Forms in water, land at a lower level, Stag at higher level too...
    So just with Bear, Cat, Owl Bear and Tree alone that's 57 variations. Artifact skins give you 48 variations. 12 variations as Travel Form consolidated... 117 variations and 31 models, for one class that have 5 customisation points. Fuck me, Druids get the fucking cream when it comes to class fantasy here.
    Don't you think it would be far easier to bump off Moonkin Form like they did in Tree Form? Considering the headache amount of models they have to do already? Believe me with that many bumping 2 sets of models out of 4 consistent ones and a 5th miscellaneous, is that not weight off compared to having to do them constantly? And what's funny is went ahead and updated Moonkin anyway even with 31 total models to contend with. And they put aside both Flight Form and Travel Form whom will very well have a longer shelf-life than Druid Class Mount that only arrived in Legion. I know past Legion Class Mounts will persist but since Flight Form and Travel Form are automatically gifted to players and has a decade on it... It's hard to say, but I bet they will load those Class Mounts onto a vendor like they did with the old Warlock/Paladin Class mount quests.
    But you can see where their priorities lie, there is no point wasting resources on something they are not going to keep or will be replaced by something like a Class Mount and/or 100+ models to contend with and 300+ mounts for travel.
    Like you said it is a tradition, but just because you don't like that tradition and abstain from it, doesn't mean it has to be dissolved based on your opinion alone. Blizzard certainly want to keep it alive and intentionally Moonkin Form for Balance druids purposely despite your constant feign for otherwise.

There is no "if", they are already making the next expansion as we speak - it's how the gaming industry work. A team will work on the current expansion while another dedicate to the coming expansion and now they are a lot more relaxed in time restraints by not releasing an expansion every year as they did with whilst boasting recently they've had the biggest ever team working on World of Warcraft.

You should really put "If I made the game" because what you stated in no way or shape will come true as you can't have action-orientated healers for a start. Reason being Wrath was when it stated to get too much, they did some heavy butchering in Catalcysm to a lot of the classes, talents and more. That means over the game's lifespan they have whittled down the whole diversity and customisation as the game grows bigger, trying to delve into 36 different specs isn't a walk in a park.

Pruning is not an old concept either, they did it recently to Retribution Paladins whom lost their most iconic spell: Exorcism. Other examples are healers additional capabilities like in the vein of the previous example: Paladins. Their auras like Devotion Aura and Retribution Aura were once was available to all specs like a class bar system Druids still have, now one is banished to the multi-choose talent system for Holy and the other is only available as an Honor Talent and active in PvP in Retribution, heck a lot of spells were also out right removed like the Blessing of Sanctuary so no the age of diversity and over-budgeting of choices is gone. Reasons was to stop for cookie cutting to the extremes that elitism was running rampant and allowed for heavy-handed min/maxing which brings me onto... Racial diversity.
    They have over the years reduced the impact of racials as they saw it impeded in choice of race selection due to this min/max optimisation... On top of that, they have added new races in expansions with potentiality of creating min/mac choices when their intention has always been... Play what you like the look of. Adding more races and racials isn't going to magically make it all the more diverse when you give too much choice you rob them by causing another min/maxing, cookie cutter itemisation.
    I'm not sure where you're pretending that Blizzard also races will add to diversity when they still haven't even acknowledged several races to play as such as let's see:
    Etheraels, Orges, Gnolls, Jinyu, Hozen, Mogu, Vrykuls, Mechagnomes, Naga, Arrokoa, Murloc...
    Need I list more? Each have had a variation in length of time in the game and universe whether in or out of the online franchising. And things like customisation... Well, they could have add more to changing a character's appearance, make the talents trees larger or have several more tiers, actually add in the mount pimping idea they showed and never placed in-game... Probably way more glyphs to boot too but... Yeaaah. They didn't and in fact reeled it in...

I'm quite baffled that you don't get that Blizzard and the game have had multiple chances to dissolve Moonkin Form and they haven't when they went to so far and diminish the Tree Form for Restoration. Why do one that had no relevance anymore and leave the other to build upon story-wise, model-wise and more? And all before they were pumping out the Chronicles. Accept it that you got a Glyph and had many chances but they didn't as it was purposeful. You even said yourself that Legion was a stage and pinnacle point to finalising a class fantasy, well you got it. Moonkin is part of it whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-06-24 at 11:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would personally like to see an option where you can have your druid look like this three options on the transmog make it so your druid can look like a elf all forms(high elf/night elf and blood elf) appearance wise.. would be nice to have added in.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    How does not forcing you to look like a Moonkin ruin class fantasy? The premise isn't advocating removing the form out of the game, merely the choice to opt out of it.
    Because the class signature is shape shifting I guess.

Where does this "I want an option to opt out" end? Where does it stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    The old must comeback with an insult because you're mentally backed into a corner... Wow. Well, we're talking about fantasy here not reality so please don't try to pretend that it's worthwhile by trying to include it. Neither of the two subject matters do relate on it and just shows you really are ignorant. Religious matters also can't be discussed too much partake to the forum rules too.

Yes Moonkin Form was added in 1.8.0 but it was in-game as... Dun dun duuuun! A talent!! They just put in 1.8.0 the Form it could take as instead. You can probably say it was pointless but this being in Oct 2005 and it's now over 12 years nearly 13 years later with easily over 10 different game designers who are in charge of decisions like Moonkin Form and probably over 100 patches nearly 200 in that lifespan... It's safe to say I don't think they will be pruning it that back as much as you desire. It seems also you didn't read anything which said about RTS properly when I quoted many subjects like Elune, Night Elf Paladins, Suramar and such not necessarily Moonkin related Druidism. It was used to prove that Legion used pre-dated lore to create Legion which is what Moonkin Form has.

As I said to you it's outdated in your mind yet acknowledge things like Legion finalised class fantasy, but you forgot to add another to you queue of reasoning... Tradition, nostalgia and intentional purpose that even Blizzard chose several times over even when Balance was absolutely fucking dismal to play and needed either an god-like player to equate others DPS at the time or a serious buffing parade that slowly and surely filtered in, they kept Moonkin Form and for many reasons included. They go from strength to strength even when the whole development team changes over the lifespan of the online franchising... They still add in the glaringly obvious one of the Balance Form having the "Scythe of Elune" as their artifact. The empowered, mighty cornerstone of that spec in every sense...
    The lore makes the universe for what it is, that builds the game to be what it is and most likely will be improved upon when Elune is revealed in exactly what she is and the Naaru too.

That culmination of what do you refer to? The 13 years of in-game proposition of Moonkin by several years worth of work with teams of input including a new connection as to why a Balance Druid can use Solar energies along with Lunar energies? Or the Worgen Curse that ties in from years of lore, including Arugal and Gilneas, and in the end to why Worgens can be Druids? Why Goldrinn and Elune have history and why the very Scythe of Elune Balance received has a golden trait of Goldrinn that sends forth a shadow that damages it? Neither are just short periods of time... I mean they did books and comics on this whole strain of the Wolf Form and it's forbidden power, even Malfurion was involved and such. So I would say read the lore that extends far past the game because it also is referred in game even at the smallest glimmer, the best is Vol'jin's blood brother at his funeral in Orgrimmar... A human who watched a far. They didn't need to add that into game but it has a reason and wider impact than just to please someone visually.

Use your loaf beyond a selective deduction. There are several fields that included Moonkins. And sorry for you but Blizzard are not going to change it anytime soon when Legion came to fruit, after a long time of delisting Moonkin Form as a priority it came to pass that each racial version got a polygon upgrade. While not even touching other forms like... Flight Form and many Travel forms, even the original Bear and Cat forms too for all races.

Let's have a look here... So all in all for Druid class alone to consider Trolls, Tauren, Night Elves and Worgen as druids that all can be a Bear, Cat, Owl Bear, Tree... While being a Fight Form bird which some had 2 buildups. Travel Forms in water, land at a lower level, Stag at higher level too...
    So just with Bear, Cat, Owl Bear and Tree alone that's 57 variations. Artifact skins give you 48 variations. 12 variations as Travel Form consolidated... 117 variations and 31 models, for one class that have 5 customisation points. Fuck me, Druids get the fucking cream when it comes to class fantasy here.
    Don't you think it would be far easier to bump off Moonkin Form like they did in Tree Form? Considering the headache amount of models they have to do already? Believe me with that many bumping 2 sets of models out of 4 consistent ones and a 5th miscellaneous, is that not weight off compared to having to do them constantly? And what's funny is went ahead and updated Moonkin anyway even with 31 total models to contend with. And they put aside both Flight Form and Travel Form whom will very well have a longer shelf-life than Druid Class Mount that only arrived in Legion. I know past Legion Class Mounts will persist but since Flight Form and Travel Form are automatically gifted to players and has a decade on it... It's hard to say, but I bet they will load those Class Mounts onto a vendor like they did with the old Warlock/Paladin Class mount quests.
    But you can see where their priorities lie, there is no point wasting resources on something they are not going to keep or will be replaced by something like a Class Mount and/or 100+ models to contend with and 300+ mounts for travel.
    Like you said it is a tradition, but just because you don't like that tradition and abstain from it, doesn't mean it has to be dissolved based on your opinion alone. Blizzard certainly want to keep it alive and intentionally Moonkin Form for Balance druids purposely despite your constant feign for otherwise.

There is no "if", they are already making the next expansion as we speak - it's how the gaming industry work. A team will work on the current expansion while another dedicate to the coming expansion and now they are a lot more relaxed in time restraints by not releasing an expansion every year as they did with whilst boasting recently they've had the biggest ever team working on World of Warcraft.

You should really put "If I made the game" because what you stated in no way or shape will come true as you can't have action-orientated healers for a start. Reason being Wrath was when it stated to get too much, they did some heavy butchering in Catalcysm to a lot of the classes, talents and more. That means over the game's lifespan they have whittled down the whole diversity and customisation as the game grows bigger, trying to delve into 36 different specs isn't a walk in a park.

Pruning is not an old concept either, they did it recently to Retribution Paladins whom lost their most iconic spell: Exorcism. Other examples are healers additional capabilities like in the vein of the previous example: Paladins. Their auras like Devotion Aura and Retribution Aura were once was available to all specs like a class bar system Druids still have, now one is banished to the multi-choose talent system for Holy and the other is only available as an Honor Talent and active in PvP in Retribution, heck a lot of spells were also out right removed like the Blessing of Sanctuary so no the age of diversity and over-budgeting of choices is gone. Reasons was to stop for cookie cutting to the extremes that elitism was running rampant and allowed for heavy-handed min/maxing which brings me onto... Racial diversity.
    They have over the years reduced the impact of racials as they saw it impeded in choice of race selection due to this min/max optimisation... On top of that, they have added new races in expansions with potentiality of creating min/mac choices when their intention has always been... Play what you like the look of. Adding more races and racials isn't going to magically make it all the more diverse when you give too much choice you rob them by causing another min/maxing, cookie cutter itemisation.
    I'm not sure where you're pretending that Blizzard also races will add to diversity when they still haven't even acknowledged several races to play as such as let's see:
    Etheraels, Orges, Gnolls, Jinyu, Hozen, Mogu, Vrykuls, Mechagnomes, Naga, Arrokoa, Murloc...
    Need I list more? Each have had a variation in length of time in the game and universe whether in or out of the online franchising. And things like customisation... Well, they could have add more to changing a character's appearance, make the talents trees larger or have several more tiers, actually add in the mount pimping idea they showed and never placed in-game... Probably way more glyphs to boot too but... Yeaaah. They didn't and in fact reeled it in...

I'm quite baffled that you don't get that Blizzard and the game have had multiple chances to dissolve Moonkin Form and they haven't when they went to so far and diminish the Tree Form for Restoration. Why do one that had no relevance anymore and leave the other to build upon story-wise, model-wise and more? And all before they were pumping out the Chronicles. Accept it that you got a Glyph and had many chances but they didn't as it was purposeful. You even said yourself that Legion was a stage and pinnacle point to finalising a class fantasy, well you got it. Moonkin is part of it whether you like it or not.
    Chill dude you're gonna burst an artery if you keep this up xD

you need to accept the fact that moonkin form is going to be optional in the future as the games progresses into an action ammo stage.
    The reason your narrow mind can not comprehend how WoW will become an action mmo is your problem not ours.
    And things like the new action camera are a huge step in that direction.

Yet you stick to concepts which were outdated 7 years ago - in no way have I stated that the game is finalized in fact, how can you think an ever evolving game can be finalized ever?
    your reasoning is as faulty and outdated as the form you are trying to cling to so dearly when actually much cooler things will be still done with it in times to come. And you will be left behind playing on a vanilla server with your feet and nose, while wearing a strait jacket judging by how much that matters to you.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-06-25 at 06:44 AM.

you need to accept the fact that moonkin form is going to be optional in the future as the games progresses into an action ammo stage. The reason your narrow mind can not comprehend how WoW will be an action mmo in the future is your problem not ours.
    I don't think I can eyeroll hard enough at this one. You have no knowledge about anything regarding moonkin form so stop acting like you have a clue. Oh yes WoW is going to be SOOOOO drastically different in the future.

Totally. I mean damn, the game isn't that much different for the past 12 years but hey keep on spouting BS.

As a moonkin player since the form was introduced in mid/late Vanilla you are kind of making yourself look really ignorant. The form just got a graphics update and you think they are going to just abandon it very soon.

- - - Updated - - -

your reasoning is as faulty and outdated as the form you are trying to cling to so dearly when actually much cooler things will be still done with it in times to come. And you will be left behind playing on a vanilla server with your nose, while wearing strait jacket judging from how much that matters to you.
    We got someone with insider knowledge here boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I don't think I can eyeroll hard enough at this one. You have no knowledge about anything regarding moonkin form so stop acting like you have a clue. Oh yes WoW is going to be SOOOOO drastically different in the future.

Totally. I mean damn, the game isn't that much different for the past 12 years but hey keep on spouting BS.

As a moonkin player since the form was introduced in mid/late Vanilla you are kind of making yourself look really ignorant. The form just got a graphics update and you think they are going to just abandon it very soon.

- - - Updated - - -

We got someone with insider knowledge here boys!
    Keep rolling your eyes maybe they get stuck
    Moonkin is not going to be abandoned it will be an optional glyph - you need to brush up on your English skills a little