Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Beyond Good & Evil 2

Started up this thread because they showed the first in engine footage that was shown off behind closed doors at E3.

Looks like another Prey 2. 'We have this game, how do we sell it?' 'well how about using this title/ip people have wanted for like 15 years we kept saying we were working on?' 'perfect'.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it looks like we have some older generation members of some characters we saw in the first game (or sharing the same inspiration), same multicultural/species cities/music, different gameplay.

I can see this working better if they hadn't relied on the title and just kept it as a spiritual successor that kept some of the same aspects as the first one.

And to be blunt, after the scam that was No Man's Sky and some other games like it (certain Kickstarter things), this gives you the same feel and that isn't something you'd want.

I guess it feels a bit like BG&E, Enslaved, and then it goes full-on No Man's Sky and my body screams DO NOT WANT.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never played Beyond Good and Evil but I can't help being annoyed by the fact that this is not a continuation of the first one. Like what is the point in going back in time to tell a prequel story of a game that came out 14 years ago? That's not what the fans were looking forward to at all. At least that's what I would assume. It's like they seen people craving for a sequel and were like "I have a better idea...".

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I've never played Beyond Good and Evil but I can't help being annoyed by the fact that this is not a continuation of the first one. Like what is the point in going back in time to tell a prequel story of a game that came out 14 years ago? That's not what the fans were looking forward to at all. At least that's what I would assume. It's like they seen people craving for a sequel and were like "I have a better idea...".

Just doesn't make sense to me.
    You have the right of it from my point of view.

Beyond Good & Evil was Jade's story. No Jade? Count me out.

If this game actually does release on the Switch the downgrade is going to be hilarious. It's clearly being developed with PS4/XB1/PC in mind with little regard for the Switch based on that fidelity and scale of the level.

I like to think that developers who are working on seamless space travel learned from the disaster that was No Man's Sky.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Plz not another "Metal Gear Solid V" situation

The original BG&E was a MASTERPIECE. Amazing story, lovable characters, cinematography, beautiful pacing. Still a masterpiece in todays standarts.

Now they come and show the power of gameplay and how awesome the gameplay engine is and the "scale of things" etc
    Nobody cares about that man. We want story, we want good pacing, we want immersion in the characters and the world.

Seriously, i'm very scared about this. If this is another Metal Gear Solid V, who decided to cut on the story and cutscenes just for the sake of "good gameplay"...i'm out.

Edit: I know is still early for conclusions. It was just the feeling i got.

not that i have an issue with the character, i don't know anything about her. but what's with the black girl with an afro meme at this e3?

anyway, always wanted to play the original, but the store never had it so i just read about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Plz not another "Metal Gear Solid V" situation

The original BG&E was a MASTERPIECE. Amazing story, lovable characters, cinematography, beautiful pacing. Still a masterpiece in todays standarts.

Now they come and show the power of gameplay and how awesome the gameplay engine is and the "scale of things" etc
    Nobody cares about that man. We want story, we want good pacing, we want immersion in the characters and the world.

Seriously, i'm very scared about this. If this is another Metal Gear Solid V, who decided to cut on the story and cutscenes just for the sake of "good gameplay"...i'm out.

Edit: I know is still early for conclusions. It was just the feeling i got.
    Modern Ubisoft man. Theres a reason they have started to overtake EA in the bad company rep race in the last few years. Expect the worst hope for the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    not that i have an issue with the character, i don't know anything about her. but what's with the black girl with an afro meme at this e3?

anyway, always wanted to play the original, but the store never had it so i just read about it.
    Play the original, you wont regret it
    One of the best games of all time.

Character creator, crew and ship info.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like Final Fantasy - Spirits Within level of WTF. That isn't anything like the first game, it's BG&E in name only.

Eh, That isn't to say it doesn't look good. Long as it comes to PC, I'll definitely check it out, the game looks pretty solid so far.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2017-07-02 at 04:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Cinematic trailer

Trailer Breakdown by Ubisoft itself

Hitrecord (help making the game)

Gameplay (bad quality, couldnt find any better)

Don't have the opportunity to watch the videos but I've noticed a few No Man's Sky mentions so I have to ask how they intend to fit a sandbox, procedurally generated space "sim" into BG&E? Isn't he story just going to be a backdrop to the trading/mining/exploring stuff, and is it as survival orientated as NMS?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

Maybe they're trying to break away from the white guy with brown hair meme but don't want to add too much variety so not to freak out the parts of the gaming community whonare easily bothered by such things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Don't have the opportunity to watch the videos but I've noticed a few No Man's Sky mentions so I have to ask how they intend to fit a sandbox, procedurally generated space "sim" into BG&E? Isn't he story just going to be a backdrop to the trading/mining/exploring stuff, and is it as survival orientated as NMS?
    They didnt mention the "No Mans Sky" gameplay on this E3.
    But from several months prior to E3 the information we had is that the developers spent 3 years developing the engine to explore the universe "a la" No Mans SKy.
    You can group up in Multiplayer to do random events in the world...but on this E3 they only mentioned "multiplayer in story mode".

I really hope they keep their promisses from the information we had prior to this E3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    less than 2 minutes in I can already tell this guy has missed the point. You aren't submitting your art to this to make money that would be stupid, you're doing it because you think the idea of your art being included in the game sounds fun and maybe you get some exposure out of this but I don't know why you would take part part for any reason other than you like the idea of something you made being featured in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=698&v=cFRoKKnaZds
    Stupid drama
    What did you expect, Ubisoft to give jobs to thousands of people? Its raining money?
    This is a project for fans who want to be part of the game they love. Its a passion thing. Its not "free jobs for everyone".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    less than 2 minutes in I can already tell this guy has missed the point. You aren't submitting your art to this to make money that would be stupid, you're doing it because you think the idea of your art being included in the game sounds fun and maybe you get some exposure out of this but I don't know why you would take part part for any reason other than you like the idea of something you made being featured in the game.
    Exactly .
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-06-13 at 09:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Stupid drama
    What did you expect, Ubisoft to give jobs to thousands of people? Its raining money?
    This is a project for fans who want to be part of the game they love. Its a passion thing. Its not "free jobs for everyone".

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly .
    I am not sure, but it is good feedback whether you don't like it or not.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose