Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old news...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Verbal agreements are binding.

https://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=35794
    The fact that its a verbal agreement is not the problem. She mischaracterized how much was being donated, the donnor's health condition and how the donnation would be realized.
    Last edited by Mittens; 2017-06-24 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Old news...
    Ssst, the media needs to keep up the pressure on those dirty lefties/soc dems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Better wait for confirmation that his wife was guilty or that Bernie himself was involved at all.

- - - Updated - - -

So what crime did Bernie commit, again?
    Being the senator with the highest approval rating. How dare he!
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Everything you need to know about Bernie Sanders was told when he set up his PAC after the election with many campaign staffers, and when he put his friend and beneficiary in charge of it, the senior staff staged a revolt and quit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...fore-it-begins

Bernie Sanders has always been a con-artist. That's not to attack the legitimacy of his message in any way. People are of course, free to believe in what they want. But people protected Bernie Sanders-the-person with the exact same fervor they protected "Doctor Ron Paul" despite 40 years of being a racist who believes insane things about finance. And it's revolting. It's cult of personality shit straight out of Eastern Europe.

It's all bullshit. Anyone turning a critical eye to how Bernie managed the finances and mechanisms of his campaign could see that. Bernie Sanders certainly isn't a Trumpian-conartist, but he's a man who has spent decades making exceptions for himself when it comes to reconciling his beliefs with his behaviors.

When your _failed_ champion turns out to be a hypocrite, throw them under a bus and then run the bus over them a few times for good measure just so they stay down. You don't need them anymore and in the long run it's healthy as it promotes a process of natural selection. Your next champion will learn from their mistakes... hopefully.
    He's like any other American communist wannabe.

He wants everything to be equal, but think some people are more equal than others (himself).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    He's like any other American communist wannabe.

He wants everything to be equal, but think some people are more equal than others (himself).
    Ignoring that he is a not a communist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post

Anybody to the left of liberals are commies according to his 'kind' of people. And apparently they are also now guilty of whatever their family does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    The fact that its a verbal agreement is not the problem. She mischaracterized how much was being donated, the donnor's health condition and how the donnation would be realized.
    The payments part simply could be due to accounting. The article says that the donor had some health conditions. We'll see what happens...instances like these are why it is important to have communication in writing whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Anybody to the left of liberals are commies according to his 'kind' of people. And apparently they are also now guilty of whatever their family does.
    I'm sorry but this is exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about. Stop protecting this jackass. He failed. You don't need him anymore. Throw him under a bus. Then drive the bus over him. You don't need him. Find a better successor.

As a public figure who ran for President and amassed a large public following, yes, it is reasonable to expect that such a figure keep his and his relations affairs in order. That is how things work. The standard doesn't get lowered because we like a dude. This is the exact same shit that went down with Ron Paul and it's nauseating. A person who can't be held to the highest ethical standards has no business being President. Had Donald Trump not been a candidate, that would have been all that needed to be said for Hillary Clinton - the candidate I voted for - to be unacceptable.

Character matters.

Like the Policy, but throw the policy maker into a blackhole when they aren't needed anymore. it's the American Way. This fanboyish cult-of-personality crap? It does an immense disservice to everybody of every political stripe that tries to do it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but this is exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about. Stop protecting this jackass. He failed. You don't need him anymore. Throw him under a bus. Then drive the bus over him. You don't need him. Find a better successor.
    Defending the individual might not be the point here.

The use of the person as a vector of attack on ideologies he does not even believe in however is an issue.

The allegation that all these supposed communists are like Bernie is an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Where is all the right and their "where the evidence" posts?
    Probably in the same place as where the Left keeps those quotes directed at Trump related threads.

Vicious circle be vicious!
    And before you say it, yes - [the side you don't belong] is indeed more hypocrite than [the side you do belong]. No doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be interesting to see Trump's rabid fanbase contort themselves over this.

"This is a witch hunt! There's no evidence, besides Trump asking them to do it, voter rolls being changed, Russians destroying evidence, Carter Page Manafort Sessions Kushner and especially Flynn, Trump owing hundreds of millions through Deutsche Bank who launders illegal Russian money, Trump's team trying to unilaterally reduce Russian sanctions, Trump firing Comey for the Russian investigation, Trump bragging about firing Comey for the Russian investigation to the Russians, the Mayflower hotel meeting, and Trump looking at firing Mueller. Other than that, there's no evidence. But Bernie 100% did it and he's going to jail!"

It must truly be blissful in their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The payments part simply could be due to accounting. The article says that the donor had some health conditions. We'll see what happens...instances like these are why it is important to have communication in writing whenever possible.
    They could very well be. But if they're not? Throw him in a volcano.

Americans ceasing doing this over the last 25 years is what got us into this mess. We stopped doing democratic (small d) quality control. Everthing from Donald Trump's campaign to Nancy Pelosi not resigning as Democratic House leader after losing the 2010 mid-terms to the Clinton's playing it fast and loose with the Clinton foundation, to Senator Mitch McConnell's ongoing complex relationship with conflicts of interests (see: his wife) finds it's root in an American electorate which has allowed and enabled its politicians to act shamelessly. Because we've started to be attached to figures rather than their ideas.

Strong ideas deserve a better class of leader than Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, and even Barack Obama. However given America's leadership deficit, good luck resolving that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Oh please, Bernie might soften his message because he knows communism won't sell to the masses, but make no mistake, he is a communist.

- - - Updated - - -

As a public figure who ran for President and amassed a large public following, yes, it is reasonable to expect that such a figure keep his and his relations affairs in order. That is how things work. The standard doesn't get lowered because we like a dude. This is the exact same shit that went down with Ron Paul and it's nauseating. A person who can't be held to the highest ethical standards has no business being President. Had Donald Trump not been a candidate, that would have been all that needed to be said for Hillary Clinton - the candidate I voted for - to be unacceptable.

Character matters.

Like the Policy, but throw the policy maker into a blackhole when they aren't needed anymore. it's the American Way. This fanboyish cult-of-personality crap? It does an immense disservice to everybody of every political stripe that tries to do it.
    whats funny is that people on the left ignore the fact that he was a deadbeat dad who never paid child support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Based on released info, it could be legit or it could be overblown. She counted on getting a large alumni donation (who was apparently on his/her deathbed) and it didn't come to fruition. If she had concrete evidence that the university was going to get a large endowment (aka the donor wrote to her saying she had six months to live), then she rightfully should have included it in donation projections. Any sort of correspondence with the prospective donor would support her claim in this regard.

If she just made shit up then yes she is in trouble.
    The woman wasn't on her deathbed.

The promised money was to be bequeathed upon her death, in her will. But she is alive and well and living in Florida, with no plans to die anytime soon.

Jane falsified the information about her donation.

They could very well be. But if they're not? Throw him in a volcano.

Americans ceasing doing this over the last 25 years is what got us into this mess. We stopped doing democratic (small d) quality control. Everthing from Donald Trump's campaign to Nancy Pelosi not resigning as Democratic House leader after losing the 2010 mid-terms to the Clinton's playing it fast and loose with the Clinton foundation, to Senator Mitch McConnell's ongoing complex relationship with conflicts of interests (see: his wife) finds it's root in an American electorate which has allowed and enabled its politicians to act shamelessly. Because we've started to be attached to figures rather than their ideas.

Strong ideas deserve a better class of leader than Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, and even Barack Obama. However given America's leadership deficit, good luck resolving that problem.
    since bork, our style of democracy and press coverage doesn't really allow for the formation of strong leaders who make it to the top.

That's too bad...

What was it that other people on this forum said about hiring lawyers again? Can someone refresh my memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    That's too bad...

What was it that other people on this forum said about hiring lawyers again? Can someone refresh my memory?
    This absolutely doesn't put an egg on the face of anti-Trump whatsoever. This is about Bernie Sanders and his wife being shady. Shocking? Hardly.

Anti-Trump is about addressing an attack on our democracy by a foreign power and it's American collaborators.

The former will be forgotten about if Mrs. Sanders goes to Prison after a couple of years. The latter is going to be taught in history books up there with Pearl Harbor and 9/11.

There's no even-stevens here.

10+ Year Old Account

Character matters.

People aren't pushing him for another presidential run, they are pushin for his policies which when polled have an overwhelming support.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    since bork, our style of democracy and press coverage doesn't really allow for the formation of strong leaders who make it to the top.
    It absolutely does. Check out Ben Sasse. It's not a press problem. It's a voter problem. Voters keep giving chances to people they shouldn't.