Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    because bad lore.
    because lame blizzard.
    because... wait, what was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    But they did in the AU Draenor. It was the PAST.
    It was ripped from the past and placed into the present.

Iirc Au drenor was ripped from the au universe in a past time line and plopped in to ours.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why you don't involve alternate dimensions and time travel into your lore unless you don't give a shit about the story.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post

Iirc Au drenor was ripped from the au universe in a past time line and plopped in to ours.
    Alternate Draenor is just from another dimension that is an almost exact replica of our Draenor ~35 years in the past. The two dimensions are connected through the Dark Portal, despite the difference in time. Our Outland still exists in our dimension, and the AU Draenor exists in the alternate dimension. Kairoz chose that dimension specifically because Garrosh hadn't been born in that one. This was clarified in the Hellscream short story.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

This is not the case. AU Draenor is still exactly where it's always been.

One thing is clear. There are infinite Azeroths. Some of them probably woke up and Sargeras undoubtedly ran into many of these. Sargeras knows how powerful Azeroth is.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Shhhhh you shouldn't ask such questions. People will find out that the lore is screwed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    just ignore it and pretend WoD never happened.
    but then we need to pretend that the nighthold never happened (Gul'dan)

Anyways, I never take WoW lore seriously. Just enjoy the ride and the art and don't think too much.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    If there is only one burning legion across all universes... How is there more than one Velen, one KJ etc.. That makes zero sense.

Cheers
    This "One Legion" storyline is nonsense.

And that is putting a good spin on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Is Velen burning legion? Cool story, bro.
    This.

Demons of the Burning Legion are universal. There are 2 Velens in the story (main universe, "Warlords of Draenor" timeline" because...

...VELEN IS NOT A DEMON.

EDIT: While Blizzard did not convey the lore of "one Burning Legion throughout all timelines" in a straight forward, non-sloppy way, the demon commanders we face on Draenor (Mannoroth, Archimonde, even the 3 trash mob demons before Archimonde encounter) are the same ones we previously encountered in WC3

Socrethar is still unique in my opinion because we encounter him before he is an actual demon. I wonder if that is a mistake on Blizzard's part.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2017-06-24 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    This.

Demons of the Burning Legion are universal. There are 2 Velens in the story (main universe, "Warlords of Draenor" timeline" because...

...VELEN IS NOT A DEMON.

EDIT: While Blizzard did not convey the lore of "one Burning Legion throughout all timelines" in a straight forward, non-sloppy way, the demon commanders we face on Draenor (Mannoroth, Archimonde, even the 3 trash mob demons before Archimonde encounter) are the same ones we previously encountered in WC3

Socrethar is still unique in my opinion because we encounter him before he is an actual demon. I wonder if that is a mistake on Blizzard's part.
    we encounter socrethar before his transformation. so, i guess the alternate universe person probably does merge with the demon version upon their transformation.

main universe socrethar died in netherstorm, which likely killed him permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    like i said, we can only assume how it works, but there's only one of each demon. there's no multiple universes of the twisting nether. there is no alternate universe demon.

kil'jaeden became a demon, so there should only be at least one demon version of him. whether that demonic transformation process leaves the alternate universe non-demon kjs alive, or destroys them, or whatever, we don't know.

when i say there's only one kj, i just mean there's only one demon kj.
    Socrethar says hi! We killed him in Outland and yet Othar in Draenor became Socrethar again.

Edit:

lol apparently you're already having that discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    we encounter socrethar before his transformation. so, i guess the alternate universe person probably does merge with the demon version upon their transformation.

main universe socrethar died in netherstorm, which likely killed him permanently.
    Which then means there technically is no way to permanently kill a demon since you can just find an alternate universe and demonify them again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mausingen View Post
    but then we need to pretend that the nighthold never happened (Gul'dan)

Anyways, I never take WoW lore seriously. Just enjoy the ride and the art and don't think too much.
    They should have gone with the original idea which was Garrosh was going to resurrect the old warlords which somehow would have included Guldan maybe by accident?

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    If it's still in its place in the au universe then the lore Is pretty much fucked beyond repair anyway.

Makes me glad I already quit.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Which then means there technically is no way to permanently kill a demon since you can just find an alternate universe and demonify them again
    well, that only works for corrupted demons.

pure demons, born from the nether, they die permanently.

and technically, the demon does die permanently... you just happen to have a way to create a new one. i doubt it has the memories of the one that died.

If it's still in its place in the au universe then the lore Is pretty much fucked beyond repair anyway.

Makes me glad I already quit.
    Alternate realities are a bad plot device in general, but feel free to explain how the Dark Portal acting as intended is worse than relocating a whole planet.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2017-06-24 at 11:00 PM.

WoD was just an alternate timeline´s past, the legion could not invade it because it was in the past, then Kairoz connected it to our present, and now WoD is in our present so now the legion can invade it, it´s pretty simple, do you understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Socrethar says hi! We killed him in Outland and yet Othar in Draenor became Socrethar again.

Edit:

lol apparently you're already having that discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

They should have gone with the original idea which was Garrosh was going to resurrect the old warlords which somehow would have included Guldan maybe by accident?
    Othar had to exist because he is part of the history of Draenor, then he became a demon, but he was still inside Draenor´s reality and not in the nether, when he died, he was absorbed by the nether and became one with his demonic counterpart that was already there
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2017-06-25 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    WoD was just an alternate timeline´s past, the legion could not invade it because it was in the past, then Kairoz connected it to our present, and now WoD is in our present so now the legion can invade it, it´s pretty simple, do you understand?
    Not sure why you quoted me, but you're incorrect. Gul'dan was set to go through with his plan as normal before Kairoz and Garrosh ever arrived.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Welcome to "Why we told them not to open Pandora's Box" OR "Why W.o.D permanently fucked the lore for Warcraft beyond repair"
    Yep.. Fully agree

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    To make it more confusing: WoD involved time travel, so that Archimonde we fought was the same as we defeat on our timeline.

So... that Mount Hyjal raid in Caverns of Time makes it even more messy when we fought him there. If there's only one Archimonde in the different timelines, I'm certain he would know there would be wisps there. ;_:
    I'm not sure I'm getting the point you're attempting to make. It wasn't time travel it was dimensional travel. We went to a different dimension, so its time at which we went to is pretty irreverent in terms of our timeline. For example: the dimension we went to Garrosh was never born in and would never be born because his mother was already dead. Another example: Yrel doesn't exist and never existed in our dimension.

The only thing that really happened is that we probably fucked up that dimension because now the Horde will never go to -that- Azeroth, Cairne and his Tauren will probably die, Vol'jin will sink instead of being saved by Thrall. The Lich Kill will never exist meaning there will be no Forsaken, no DKs. The Horde won't be around to help the assault on Mount Hyjal so the world tree will die and the Night Elves along side it. We just royally fucked them over.

Not sure why you quoted me, but you're incorrect. Gul'dan was set to go through with his plan as normal before Kairoz and Garrosh ever arrived.
    i dont know what you mean here, of course he was set to go through with his plan, because it was the same plan all along, he had to corrupt the orcs before Kairoz did his thing, and then he had to do the same thing only later