Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    And again, you formed the party. With expectations. This is different and I would not expect you to leave. My comments are in regards to the duty finder and roulettes. I have no expectations when joining these. Random groups are random groups.
    Ok and as posted above what if let's say in a Dungeon a person is consistently dying and refusing any help and the other 3 unanimously agree to kick?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ok and as posted above what if let's say in a Dungeon a person is consistently dying and refusing any help and the other 3 unanimously agree to kick?
    Fine. Your right. If someone can't do mechanics and keeps dying and you cant get through the dungeon because of this, I wouldnt argue against it. But if someone is just doing low dps, and the dungeon was going slower then normal? I wouldn't agree with a vote kick.

Fine. Your right. If someone can't do mechanics and keeps dying and you cant get through the dungeon because of this, I wouldnt argue against it. But if someone is just doing low dps, and the dungeon was going slower then normal? I wouldn't agree with a vote kick.
    Exactly you wouldn't personally. Doesn't make it elitism to do so just because you believe it is.

I've never been in the level of miserable parties that some of you guys have.

I've had my first shit DF (since SB launch) yesterday. None today so far.

So I agree with the sentiment. Some of you spend far too much time sweating the small stuff. Making yourselves upset. Some people have seemingly spent more time on the forums writing graphic novels about it than they could have possibly lost by all the low dps and healer dps combined.

Chillax. For your own mental health.

Unless the dissertations help you cope. Then, please, feel free to continue. I just wish there were some way to throw them in the fire and burn them after writing it... like some cliché anger managment exercise.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-06-24 at 11:22 PM.

I'm not saying hardcore players need to go. I used to be like you. I used to raid hardcore in EQ, then in WoW. But people such as yourself need to be aware, your a small portion of the player base. The casual player base is their money maker, and what funds these games.

Also, your mentality about the roulettes goes against the point of why they exist. Yoshida wants to keep the old content relevant so that people that are trying to level and do those dungeons can still get groups. The entire point is to incentivise people to do that content to help out people that arn't at end game yet. Splitting out the more skilled players goes against his goal.
    I don't care what the devs intended. You and I both know that is not always how it plays out.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't. The person i responded to did by saying the community is bad because your not allowed to call people out for low dps, which you would only know about if you have a damage meter.
    And you don't always need a damage meter to KNOW who is doing shit tier damage. If I tank a run I can tell just by the pitiful aggro some people generate. I can confirm this aggro to dps just by asking my friend who DOES run the damage meter how things are going.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seen that reason for a person quiting. And i'm talking about playing mmos from the first year of eq until now. I have never heard a single person say they quit a game because of unskilled players. Usually if someone is tired of playing with the lower tier players, they just stick to the content that is more to their level. Do people leave for that reason? Possibly? But I know personally, i've seen more people quit, or not even try a game, because they dont want to deal with elitists.
    And you can cite EQ as your first game but I've been gaming longer than you (muds and Ultima Online, then EQ) and I HAVE seen people frustrated at having to carry god awful players and stopping playing because of it. There are MANY reasons why people quit but if people start doing a pro/con list of reasons to stay or go you can damn sure bet some players will list 'carrying shit tier players' as one of the reasons. Without question some people quit because of elitists, it goes both ways. I'm just saying a person should be self aware that if they are holding a group back by their poor damage they need to sit out. I don't care that the devs believe everything is a perfect place and no one runs dps meters or kicks people, cause shit happens and people get kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post

So I agree with the sentiment. Some of you spend far too much time sweating the small stuff. Making yourselves upset. Some people have seemingly spent more time on the forums writing graphic novels about it than they could have possibly lost by all the low dps and healer dps combined.

Unless the dissertations help you cope. Then, please, feel free to continue. I just wish there were some way to throw them in the fire and burn them after writing it... like some cliché anger managment exercise.
    I am perfectly chilled. Don't even try to play that card. Also if you want to "throw them in the fire" then use the ignore function on the site.

I'm just saying if someones underperforming in an instance mechanically and not improving or doing low dps in farm groups then I will remove them.

Sure you wouldn't agree but I play with many people who would have no problem kicking someone like that. I tend to just do the run unless the person is holding everyone back by dying over and over or killing others by failing mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly you wouldn't personally. Doesn't make it elitism to do so just because you believe it is.
    Exactly. Someone is too quick to toss the elitism card. I toss the "I didn't sign up for a 45 min run when the dungeon should take 20 mins because of shitters." card.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post

And you are assuming that these 'dissertations' are fueled by people being upset. I wish you would have taken your own advice and tossed that into the fire after writing it instead of gracing us with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just saying if someones underperforming in an instance mechanically and not improving or doing low dps in farm groups then I will remove them.
    God! You are such an elitist!

This thread has gotten so ridiculous over the past few months with just constant whining over pointless crap. No wonder some of the frequent posters don't come here that often anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    This thread has gotten so ridiculous over the past few months with just constant whining over pointless crap. No wonder some of the frequent posters don't come here that often anymore.
    I see a lot of frequent posters here. We must be reading different threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Sure you wouldn't agree but I play with many people who would have no problem kicking someone like that. I tend to just do the run unless the person is holding everyone back by dying over and over or killing others by failing mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Someone is too quick to toss the elitism card. I toss the "I didn't sign up for a 45 min run when the dungeon should take 20 mins because of shitters." card.

- - - Updated - - -

And you are assuming that these 'dissertations' are fueled by people being upset. I wish you would have taken your own advice and tossed that into the fire after writing it instead of gracing us with it.

- - - Updated - - -

God! You are such an elitist!
    The funny part is I never even brought up elitism in regards to any of this conversation. The only time I used that word is to describe how my friends feel about the mmo community. I frankly hate the word. But what ever floats your boat.

I'm just trying to tell people they should think about the other side of the population. Those lower skilled players are still people. and a very significant population of the game. Saying they can go fuck off only does harm to the game in the long road.

The funny part is I never even brought up elitism in regards to any of this conversation. The only time I used that word is to describe how many friends feel about the mmo community. I frankly hate the word. But what ever floats your boat.

I'm just trying to tell people they should think about the other side of the population. Those lower skilled players are still people. and a very significant population of the game. Saying they can go fuck off only does harm to the game in the long road.
    Which I didn't. I said I will gladly help people in things such as Dungeons but if they don't improve and refuse to listen then what's the point in trying with those people?

Deleted
    couple of months ago when I joined I saw nice post/posters. Now (especially after SB launch), I'm looking at a lot of pointless arguments, I call them pointless cause at the end of day their opinion ain't going to change no matter how hard they bang that head against that brick wall that separates "elitists" from "casuals"

See, I didn't call anyone out by name because I do just skim past it all.

I also knew that everyone who gets far too bent out of shape would take it upon themselves.

Deleted
    Which I didn't. I said I will gladly help people in things such as Dungeons but if they don't improve and refuse to listen then what's the point in trying with those people?
    I've met people like you in game who help others, it's nice. Too bad there's the other kind.

That sure sounds elitist/echo chambery.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    I've met people like you in game who help others, it's nice. Too bad there's the other kind.
    I am willing to help. I'm not willing to help ignorance though. And in EX if it's a learning party I happily expect wipes. However low dps in a learning or farm party is a no no. Same with jobs in wrong accessories which Stormblood has remedied now thank god.

If I kindly help someone in Dungeons with mechanics and they either ignore me or start giving me shit then that is when I won't bother helping them. And if they consistently ignore mechanics then I will probably boot.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-24 at 11:50 PM.

And thats fine. Maybe I made my point badly, but I don't have an issue with that. You havnt said anything unreasonable. My only issue is with people that act like the unskilled players need to be sent packing. Respect needs to be shown to everyone. I hate to throw this line, but they pay their sub fee too. And that sub fee helps give all of us more content.

couple of months ago when I joined I saw nice post/posters. Now (especially after SB launch), I'm looking at a lot of pointless arguments, I call them pointless cause at the end of day their opinion ain't going to change no matter how hard they bang that head against that brick wall that separates "elitists" from "casuals"
    Yeah, that's why I don't bother posting in here, at the end of the day no-one can change opinions on this stuff but it's still volatile, so it just ends up being circle jerks and rudeness, something I want no part of.

Shame, too, I like conversing in here when the conversations to be had are worthwhile.

Personally I just end up getting involved. I know I should know better but I'm an idiot and can't help it.

tome gear done for SAM and cleared both ex trials. can finally start lvling some alts.