Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    (You can say some of them are neutral now, but everybody knows they're alliance heroes.)
    Welcome to the Alliance for three expansions in a row. Cataclysm, we got to see the great Thrall center stage as the savior of the world. He was the one front and center, firing off the Focusing Iris. MoP rolls around, oh guess what? Orcs, front and center again, this time Garrosh being the big bad, "Doing right by the Orcs!" though. Next up, WoD which was literally nothing but Orc heroes, except this time they were alternate universe and again "Doing right by the Orcs!" trying to take over our world. Another Orc hero-, and yes they were Orc heroes even if not in the AU, centric expansion.

Does Blizz plan to balance out the soup sooner or later or is the Horde just a stool for Sylvannas to stand on for now on?
    Blizzard had 2 expansions left if they're trying to "balance things out" so to speak. Next expansion has to start with something random (Naga), end with Jaina going crazy, and the following expansion has to be centered around old time Alliance heroes which we've got to suddenly take down because they're evil!

That aside, yes, Alliance did get a little bit of love this expansion, but that is because the areas that were hit on were important lorewise for Alliance. The Emerald Nightmare had to have the important Druids, that meant Malfurion and Tyrande. Genn and Sylvanas got equal time with their story arcs, so they pretty much cancel each other out. Varian died and left a child / rookie leader in place, so that's why he's getting a bit of airtime, to develop him as a character.

Blizzard overall though, has trouble writing interesting story, let alone interesting story for all of their supposed leaders. There have been plenty of opportunities where certain leaders should have been in certain zones, but they were just absent. Baine in Highmountain would have made sense. The Blood Elves and Night Elves being more present in Suramar. That's just from this expansion. Gnomes would have done great way back in WotLK when there were clockwork gnomes and the curse of flesh, but nope, nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Thisss, that's what made them so much better than Night Elves in the first place, and its what made themso much more interesting, because they gave no shits. Whereas the Alliance gives all the shits.

Trapping a Naaru in their city and using its power

Using fel to sustain them because that's all they had

Those kinds of things.

#MakeBloodElvesRuthlessAgain

Oh! Oh! I know! Blizzard is turning Blood Elves into Humans to make way for playable High Elves, I've cracked the case, bring our bois home.
    If only...

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Bring back warcraft 3 Thrall and resurrect Cairne Bloodhoof. Problem solved
    normally i would say: .....

but after time/dimension shit with WoD and that pathetic years of horde since cata/MoP i am at a point where i believe blizz bad writers could do it not more wrong, with turning thrall back to horde leading warrior, ressurect cairne, ressurect voljin and just turn em totally uninspired into horde pre cata.

i am serious. they cant do more harm to lore with that than what they do instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Your horde? you guys dominate in pvp what more do you want? *note horde have far better racials than alliance.
    now, right? cause the human racial dominate the pvp scene for years

and this is not about pvp anyway its lore

10+ Year Old Account
    Lasan Skyhorn in Highmountain is a much cooler leader for the tauren than Baine Bloodhoof.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance for three expansions in a row. Cataclysm, we got to see the great Thrall center stage as the savior of the world. He was the one front and center, firing off the Focusing Iris. MoP rolls around, oh guess what? Orcs, front and center again, this time Garrosh being the big bad, "Doing right by the Orcs!" though. Next up, WoD which was literally nothing but Orc heroes, except this time they were alternate universe and again "Doing right by the Orcs!" trying to take over our world. Another Orc hero-, and yes they were Orc heroes even if not in the AU, centric expansion.
    just because the expansion have orcs didn't mean a horde expansion, you know that right? because kill our lore heroes is not good, i do not want this kind focus, do you? so next expansion we invade stormwind kill anduin and next we kill old alliance war2 heroes right? this is the focus you guys want?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    just because the expansion have orcs didn't mean a horde expansion, you know that right? because kill our lore heroes is not good, i do not want this kind focus, do you? so next expansion we invade stormwind kill anduin and next we kill old alliance war2 heroes right? this is the focus you guys want?
    No, I totally understand what you're getting at, but those were literally Horde heroes before Blizzard decided to go, "Nah, Alternate Universe, they're evil for everyone!"

Technically, we've already had an expansion where an Alliance hero went bad so we killed him, that being Arthas, AKA the Lich King. Sure, he started off as a hero of Lordaeron which was a human area, but gave himself over to Ner'Zhul's spirit and ended up abandoning his people as their leader, going so far as to kill their leader before doing so.

So no, I don't really want another time travel expansion where we go around killing old Alliance figures that are suddenly evil, I was just being snarky with that comment as "It has to always be even" doesn't make for good storytelling. "Hey, we've got this great lore to draw from, but we can't do that because it's such and such races turn for the spotlight!" doesn't make for good storytelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I totally understand what you're getting at, but those were literally Horde heroes before Blizzard decided to go, "Nah, Alternate Universe, they're evil for everyone!"

Technically, we've already had an expansion where an Alliance hero went bad so we killed him, that being Arthas, AKA the Lich King. Sure, he started off as a hero of Lordaeron which was a human area, but gave himself over to Ner'Zhul's spirit and ended up abandoning his people as their leader, going so far as to kill their leader before doing so.

So no, I don't really want another time travel expansion where we go around killing old Alliance figures that are suddenly evil, I was just being snarky with that comment as "It has to always be even" doesn't make for good storytelling. "Hey, we've got this great lore to draw from, but we can't do that because it's such and such races turn for the spotlight!" doesn't make for good storytelling.
    I think one of the reasons people want things to be even, is because they want to see more variation is the storytelling, or would like to see their race in the spotlight, which is understandable. I would agree with you that things don't have to be "even" if Blizzard made strong storytelling, and kept the plot consistent, but they've show time and time again that they're kind of lost when it comes to developing the story. Jaina is a perfect example, the past few expansions they've had her flip flopping so much you'd think she was schizophrenic. Sometimes my jaw just hits the floor with some of the choices they make with the storytelling. I usually think it's beyond conceited when people say they can "do better" when it comes to improving a plot on something, because it's not that simple. But I have a feeling that if a group of players, well versed in the lore, sat around for awhile and discussed how the story should progress, we'd see something more high quality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Should probably let this expansion play out first and see what is in store.

7+ Year Old Account

its one character( arthas) against the entire horde evil, this not seems to match for me

also, i only said that because piss me off when people keep whining that those are "horde expansions" or "Horde focus" and now they need a "alliance expansion" with "alliance focus", when the "horde focus" is being fucked while the alliance is ok, Just slightly off, and the "alliance focus" is being praised and horde also being fucked again

Again, i don't even talking about screen time, or characters in quests, its just to let the lore ok, Well tied, they can make Anduin kill sargeras with the alliance meanwhile the horde is Fixing the skyship, but dear god put the racial leaders to our faction In a good way

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yes, and it was horde lore that got assraped so alliance can have their "feel good" moment. And it was never enough.

I never really understood why characters like Rexxar, Baine and Rokhan are so little used in WoW in the first place.

Like the last campaign of TFT was to set them up as Horde heroes. It's insult to Cairne that Baine is basically dummy sitting in Thunder Bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Like the last campaign of TFT was to set them up as Horde heroes. It's insult to Cairne that Baine is basically dummy sitting in Thunder Bluff.
    Like Father, like Son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calm down. Things don't need to be instantly balanced as soon as something happens. Blizzard isn't picking a side. They're telling a story. Just because they're focusing on Anduin right now, doesn't mean they've forgot about the Horde.

Also. Khadgar may be human, but he's a neutral character who's story involves both Alliance and Horde. So I'm not sure why you brought him up...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Also. Khadgar may be human, but he's a neutral character who's story involves both Alliance and Horde. So I'm not sure why you brought him up...
    Because hes a soul sucking pun entity that somehow makes humans even more boring than they were. Atleast we only had to follow Thrall around for one Xpac. And then a raid with him in Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    I never really understood why characters like Rexxar, Baine and Rokhan are so little used in WoW in the first place.

If you click on him he still says alpha highmountain VO's lol.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Because hes a soul sucking pun entity that somehow makes humans even more boring than they were. Atleast we only had to follow Thrall around for one Xpac. And then a raid with him in Cata.
    Whoa the buddy. I think someone here isnt as cool as cucumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Calm down. Things don't need to be instantly balanced as soon as something happens. Blizzard isn't picking a side. They're telling a story. Just because they're focusing on Anduin right now, doesn't mean they've forgot about the Horde. m up
    It's the first major patch without a faction story since mid-TBC and the only one ever that does actually include faction stories, but only for one faction. It's a shitty precedent. And yay, they are focusing on Anduin at Horde's expense. Woop woop, nothing wrong in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Calm down. Things don't need to be instantly balanced as soon as something happens. Blizzard isn't picking a side. They're telling a story. Just because they're focusing on Anduin right now, doesn't mean they've forgot about the Horde.
    they don't even put a troll leader after vol'jin dead, thy do not forgot the horde thats right, they just dont care anymore, even sylvanas just gone missing

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they don't even put a troll leader after vol'jin dead, thy do not forgot the horde thats right, they just dont care anymore, even sylvanas just gone missing
    Or, maybe, the Legion is the more pressing concern and these will be rapped up in later storylines...?