Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never understood the logic.

hurr durr, I personally don't want this movie to made so it shouldn't be made, because fuck anyone else that might want to watch it.

Pro-tip. If you don't think you will like a movie don't fucking watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I've never understood the logic.

hurr durr, I personally don't want this movie to made so it shouldn't be made, because fuck anyone else that might want to watch it.

Pro-tip. If you don't think you will like a movie don't fucking watch it.
    "Fans" are weird like that. They are all going to watch it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    "Fans" are weird like that. They are all going to watch it anyway.
    Oh yeah. Then they will bitch about it. And then they'll go watch it again with their friends to show them how bad it is, and they'll return again to find new reasons why it's so bad, and not real Star Wars, and how The Mouse Empire destroyed their childhood, and on the very last day at the theater, they will watch it again just out of spite. When the DVD or Blueray Special Extended Edition is released, they will buy a copy, and maybe even a figurine or two, to keep the memory fresh of how bad it was. And everyday they will curse Disney to have turned Star Wars into a milk cow.

And Disney will love them for it.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    han is shit, dash rendar is the only good spacer.
    Okay fine, now THAT is the worst thing you've ever posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Okay fine, now THAT is the worst thing you've ever posted.
    he was a better fighter, a better pilot, and an overall cooler dude.

he fought both boba fett and ig-88d.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars:Han Solo - A New Hope.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm convinced that the only actor that can play a young Harrison Ford is Anthony Ingruber. I mean, did anyone see him in Age of Adaline? Dude looked just like him.
    First, off topic: not sure the movie is for everyone but I enjoyed Age of Adaline

On topic: pretty solid likeness -

Deleted
    Anthony looked smug when he mentioned the Kessel run while Harrison Ford/Han in the movie was trying to be confident n sell his service cuz he badly needed money, didn't try to be full of himself like he was talking to/boasting friends while at the same time saying something outrageous. I guess Anthony just wanted to show trademark Han Solo cockiness I suppose..

Deleted
    Well, he better boot a bunch of people or it won't be no point...

The cast is fine, the need for the main actor to look exactly like Harrison Ford is overblown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The cast is fine, the need for the main actor to look exactly like Harrison Ford is overblown.
    Lets burn this heretic!

7+ Year Old Account
    Ehrenreich had concerns with the production as filming progressed. He started to worry that Lord & Miller's screwball comedy angle was starting to interfere with what the character of Han Solo is really about - even if this was a younger, more reckless take on the character than the one we met in that Cantina on Tatooine. One source described it as being oddly comparable to Jim Carrey's performance in Ace Ventura at times. Ehrenreich let his concerns be known to one of the producers, who then told Kennedy about it, which led to her decision to look over the existing footage (which is also a normal part of the production process, but this is where things get interesting).
    https://thecantina.starwarsnewsnet.c...shakeup.52214/
    Last edited by Kontinuum; 2017-06-24 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he was a better fighter, a better pilot, and an overall cooler dude.

he fought both boba fett and ig-88d.
    I gotta say, derpkitteh is the person i respect the most on these forums from now on.

Deleted
    Sheesh, how she knows so much?

Han Solo Movie 2018 - Phil Lord & Chris Miller FIRED - Beyond The Trailer.

Beyond The Trailer
    Jun 27, 2017

Han Solo Movie today! Kathleen Kennedy fired Phil Lord & Chris Miller, Ron Howard new director! Beyond The Trailer reaction & breakdown!

I find the Han Solo and Rogue One story issues to both be a bit of a head scratcher. To me, writing a story for Star Wars should be very, very easy. You meet some people, you show their daily life a bit, there is a big battle, some one liners are delivered, bad guys die, roll credits. It should practically write itself. It doesn't need to be Shakespeare. The dialogue should follow a strict less is more mentality. The less detail you give, the more you keep the wonder and imagination of the viewers (read: children and man-children) alive. I dunno..this just all seems strange to me.

Didn't know about the golden dice.

Deleted
    Rich and Mike Talk: Disney's Han Solo Terrible Movie Ideas.

RedLetterMedia
    Jul 18, 2017

Rich and Mike guess at what terrible ideas will be in the new Han Solo™ stand alone adventure by Disney's™ Star Wars™!

i am really very excited about this upcoming movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Rich and Mike Talk: Disney's Han Solo Terrible Movie Ideas.

RedLetterMedia
    Jul 18, 2017

(snip)

Rich and Mike guess at what terrible ideas will be in the new Han Solo™ stand alone adventure by Disney's™ Star Wars™!
    This is a great watch. I especially love Lando's Carbonite Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I find the Han Solo and Rogue One story issues to both be a bit of a head scratcher. To me, writing a story for Star Wars should be very, very easy. You meet some people, you show their daily life a bit, there is a big battle, some one liners are delivered, bad guys die, roll credits. It should practically write itself. It doesn't need to be Shakespeare. The dialogue should follow a strict less is more mentality. The less detail you give, the more you keep the wonder and imagination of the viewers (read: children and man-children) alive. I dunno..this just all seems strange to me.
    Maybe it's just the pressure of creating interesting plotlines. People demand that now because it's not Mission Impossible, and it has the potential to be a very deep story. We've already had one massive retcon which sadly took alot of interesting storylines with it.

The universe is limitless though, so idk why they went with a Han Solo movie. I think that would be better done in video games where you can use Harrison's voice and face. You just can't imitate iconic characters like that. I'd much rather they jump into the Old Republic, but that's another pandora's box itself.