Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    In all that time spent doing that I probably could've just gathered twenty thousand felslate or something. If gold was my actual end goal.
    Whatever floats your boat, but for me seeing 12 different class questlines is more entertaining that spending the same time mining and picking herbs.

The first post already stated the obvious:
    There are other, equally viable or even more profitable ways of making gold.
    This one is for the people who like alts or already have them or want to level them anyway for some other reason than just because their primary aim is goldfarming.

I levelled all the classes because I wanted to get all the class mounts. So I would have them anyway. Now the question is do I let them sit or do I try to make use of them. Guides like these help to see how to utilize alts. Around the time Blizzard started making Legion more alt friendly such guides started popping and several info helped me improve some things I didn't even think of (for example, how great are invasions for levelling, or the fact having a bodyguard with specific equipments actually adds up to a nice gold / OR gain).

If you don't have alts, and don't like to have them, what exactly is the deal? I don't get it. Every page has some poster coming over to say how much he dislikes the concept because he dislikes alts. If this content isn't for you, no biggie, it's not mandatory anyway.

If someone made a guide how to TSM snipe all day I probably wouldn't use it because it's super boring for me (while alts aren't), but I wouldn't deny usefulness of it to people for whom it's enjoyable.

So....if i get a lot of followers on multiple characters up to max level and send them out on tons of gold missions, i can get tons of gold that will not make the game more fun but gives me something to do in game to avoid the other frustrating parts that are not fun any more...... This sounds a lot like another expansion that didn't succeed very much....

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    This sounds a lot like another expansion that didn't succeed very much....
    Yep, the mission table was the root of all evil, not the fact WOD had 1 major patch only, few and bland dailies, boring reps and completely obsolete dungeons for majority of the expansion until mythic dungeons were introduced fairly late?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Blood vendor. There's a website, if I reckon correctly - rodent.io (if you google blood vendor it should come up) that pulls current AH values per server of the stacks of items you can buy from the vendor, letting you easily compare. Often some kind of fish will be high in demand (assuming your server has a market for raid foods), but recently I saw on my server arkhana or even felslate drift to the top.
    US: https://rodent.io/blood-money
    EU: https://rodent.io/blood-money-eu
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Sweet, thanks didn't know about this website, not played wow in a while but was going to start again next week, last I remember I probably had well over 1k bloods across my 3 110s but I never knew what to spend it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yep, the mission table was the root of all evil, not the fact WOD had 1 major patch only, few and bland dailies, boring reps and completely obsolete dungeons for majority of the expansion until mythic dungeons were introduced fairly late?
    dont forget the awesome success of the followup mission table called the ship yard, that saved WoD and was loved by all...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    If you're doing this you need to make sure you're using the upgrade that lets you automatically complete a WQ for the classes that have this option. You should almost never have to do a WQ on these characters once their followers are geared.

If you're using the order hall resources from the blood of sargeras to do gold missions it isn't passing up free gold. It's netting you several times more gold than any of the items you can purchase from the vendor. You're also saving time that would have to be spent farming OR on those characters as well.
    Yes, those several minutes that it takes to do the 600+ OR WQs (excluding the 1000OR ones) must really take its toll. Especially if you've got your Meatball hooked up with OR items.

For anyone having a hard time managing everything, especially given 12 classes, I've actually made a spreadsheet and have been updating in real-time as new information is presented to me! I also just recently got all classes to Level 110 and finished all 12 class campaigns, gotten all 12 7.2 Champions (only missing Akazamzarak), am farming 12 Meatballs for them all, etc.

Hope it helps you guys out! Feel free to pitch in if you see any mistakes or whatnot (with an @Polarthief or a DM). Best of luck on your gold-getting ventures!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    farming order resources for 12 alts sounds like a pain in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    farming order resources for 12 alts sounds like a pain in the ass
    It's actually my #1 problem right now and I don't know what to do after spending 1000 (yes, a THOUSAND) bloods on Resources. I've only got a few hundred left on my main 3 alts that I've had for awhile but once that's expended... ugh.

Still though, I'll find some way to manage I guess.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

My biggest issue is that it takes even longer than WoD to upgrade your army from 750 white level to 850 epic level and then another month on top of it to get to 900 legendary level.
    Give the WoD equivalent already of the +50 armor token and/or make followers gain item levels as well when they level up in quality ( green 790, blue 820 , epic 850 would be a nice start )

Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    My biggest issue is that it takes even longer than WoD to upgrade your army from 750 white level to 850 epic level and then another month on top of it to get to 900 legendary level.
    Give the WoD equivalent already of the +50 armor token and/or make followers gain item levels as well when they level up in quality ( green 790, blue 820 , epic 850 would be a nice start )
    Even worse are Druids, Monks, and Shamans who don't even get work orders, they instead get a CHANCE at getting stuff from missions completing.

Yeah they really need to address the iLvl thing. It's horrible right now and there being no catch-up mechanism for that is really shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    For anyone having a hard time managing everything, especially given 12 classes, I've actually made a spreadsheet and have been updating in real-time as new information is presented to me! I also just recently got all classes to Level 110 and finished all 12 class campaigns, gotten all 12 7.2 Champions (only missing Akazamzarak), am farming 12 Meatballs for them all, etc.

Hope it helps you guys out! Feel free to pitch in if you see any mistakes or whatnot (with an @Polarthief or a DM). Best of luck on your gold-getting ventures!
    that is a very detailed and impressive spreadsheet...now stop wasting your good work on a video game(that is probably dying).

that is a very detailed and impressive spreadsheet...now stop wasting your good work on a video game(that is probably dying).
    Thank you, though my time is quite worthless, sadly.

As for WoW dying, well, I won't fully comment on that, but hey, free BlizzBucks while it's still kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Of course. I tend to talk about all kinds of things that I am familiar with. Or are you one of those people that think you can only talk about the game if you are currently playing the game?
    Talk all you want, but don't act like an authority because you have no idea what is going on. Leave that to us players please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Talk all you want, but don't act like an authority because you have no idea what is going on. Leave that to us players please.
    I never spoke as or implied that I was an authority. I spoke on my own opinions. If you can't handle that, you probably shouldn't be involved with online forums.

So....if i get a lot of followers on multiple characters up to max level and send them out on tons of gold missions, i can get tons of gold that will not make the game more fun but gives me something to do in game to avoid the other frustrating parts that are not fun any more...... This sounds a lot like another expansion that didn't succeed very much....
    depends - if you are smart about it it has certain benefits - it is worth for me for example to change some of this gold into battle net ballance to have enough saved for necromancer and next expansion of wow when it will be out. i simply dont see point saving gold above certain treshhold - pretty good deal is how i see it since i send those missions anyway when im in work or in toilet.

i understand that for some pushing followers to tilted in order to farm gold seems stupid andp oitnless but for people like me who woudl do it anyway because thats more or less the way i play game (aka pushing alts to max level) its extra benefit. granted in WoD it was much easier due to passive resource generation but atm its still worth it if you play those alts a bit (thats why i limit myself to 1 server this expansion because dont have time for playing on 2 )
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-06-25 at 12:11 PM.

Except you can do this on your phone when you have a few minutes. Plus, WoD may have brought the WoW token, but Legion brought the BNet token, so doing this a few times a day (again, around 90-95% of which can be done from your phone, that thing you hold and mess with probably a good hour or two every day already), you can pay for literally everything Blizzard related.

I just bought Destiny 2 the complete deluxe edition ($100) without spending a dime and I still have hundreds of BNet cash left, again, of which I didn't pay for. It's really nice. It's like phone-farming for Blizzard Gift Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by emidas View Post
    Yes, those several minutes that it takes to do the 600+ OR WQs (excluding the 1000OR ones) must really take its toll. Especially if you've got your Meatball hooked up with OR items.
    Sure for one character. Go do that on several and get back to me. Also using meatball as a bodyguard is pretty dumb. it's the most overpowered champion for doing missions and should be used for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    It's actually my #1 problem right now and I don't know what to do after spending 1000 (yes, a THOUSAND) bloods on Resources. I've only got a few hundred left on my main 3 alts that I've had for awhile but once that's expended... ugh.

Still though, I'll find some way to manage I guess.
    I personally only pvp, and i have 23 characters in lvl 110.

I dont get blood of sargaeras anywhere near as fast as you guys (who raid), and used all of the ones i had back when i had to reserach AK on all of them.

if if actually had the time and bothered to i could make retarded amounts of gold, but farming the order resources just doesn't seem worth it to me :/