Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Best new character ever. Unfortunately... that won't last

Not a bad episode and i must say i was always a fan of that old Hartnell look of the cybermen but it looks like they are ditching that look and going back to those crappy nu who cybermen /dissapointed

As for the Master clearly Simm is a future incarnation cause missy didnt remember that moment so its in her future but Simm mentions him being former prime minister so its after that time in last of the time lords.

Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    Not a bad episode and i must say i was always a fan of that old Hartnell look of the cybermen but it looks like they are ditching that look and going back to those crappy nu who cybermen /dissapointed

As for the Master clearly Simm is a future incarnation cause missy didnt remember that moment so its in her future but Simm mentions him being former prime minister so its after that time in last of the time lords.
    But Simm also said Missy had been there in her past, and she just didn't remember. Suggesting he's in her past. It'd be interesting if the Master did something so horrific even for him (create the Cyberman) that he didn't remember it going forward, much like Tennant/Smith didn't remember the Gallifrey Falls No More.

Why would the master create the cybermen?

Didn't we already have an episode of how they were created during the Tennat seasons.
    I remember it as it was yesterday the only thing i don't remember is the name of it.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    But Simm also said Missy had been there in her past, and she just didn't remember. Suggesting he's in her past. It'd be interesting if the Master did something so horrific even for him (create the Cyberman) that he didn't remember it going forward, much like Tennant/Smith didn't remember the Gallifrey Falls No More.
    But Missy had used the cybermen to kill like she did in Dark Water so i doubt what ever they could do it would effect that much.

Besides how could the Simm master find the time cause he said he was a former Prime minister so it was after the events of last of the time lords.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Why would the master create the cybermen?

Didn't we already have an episode of how they were created during the Tennat seasons.
    I remember it as it was yesterday the only thing i don't remember is the name of it.
    The original Cybermen was from Mondas it was the first time we ever saw them back in Hartnells time. Those 'other' cybermen was just RTD bullshit alternative timeline shit.

Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    But Missy had used the cybermen to kill like she did in Dark Water so i doubt what ever they could do it would effect that much.

Besides how could the Simm master find the time cause he said he was a former Prime minister so it was after the events of last of the time lords.
    Well I suspect it has something to do with the ship and the black hole time dilation. The bottom floor has been doing stuff for 1,000 years in the time it took 2 days for the top floor.

Just saw episode 11, it was gooood! Do you guys think we might know who the new doctor is in next week episode? Or will we have to wait for Christmas?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That episode was pretty creepy. Mondas cybermen no effing thank you. If Missy is still good: Missy kills him causing the Master's regeneration into herself.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That episode was too much. My heart can't take it.
    Neither can Bill's.

(too soon ?)

Deleted
    honestly didn't think that Capaldi was right for the part when it was announced, Looks like I was right as pretty much every episode I have seen has been a crock of shite compared to other Doctors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Okay got it! You want me to send you all spoilers and the name of the next doctor actor per pm on a freshly just for that made account next saturday. roger that
    You can if you want... But I wont have access to here either, so it wont really make a difference.

Also: if you think we're going to find out who the new doctor is next week, you're in for a disappointing night.

Although tbh, given the state of Capaldi's other final episodes, you're in for a disappointment regardless. Moffat writes KILLER penultimate episodes, then tends to fall at the final hurdle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That episode was pretty creepy. Mondas cybermen no effing thank you. If Missy is still good: Missy kills him causing the Master's regeneration into herself.
    LoL, that would be one hell of a twist... If Missy was essentially responsible for her own creation. Very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Neither can Bill's.

(too soon ?)
    You are an evil evil man... Hilarious, but evil.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    Just saw episode 11, it was gooood! Do you guys think we might know who the new doctor is in next week episode? Or will we have to wait for Christmas?
    I'm guessing Christmas. But hoping it's next episode (Don't think they would want to sacrifice the Christmas viewing numbers a regeneration would bring in.

One unsettling thought:

Capaldi's Doctor is the only one to see all his companions die (even if they don't stay dead, and end up running around the universe with smarmy Maisie Williams in a diner).

Wonder if Moffatt will put anything about that in the next episode or the Christmas Special.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it would explain where he/she got the cybermen for dark water/ death in heaven :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm guessing Christmas. But hoping it's next episode (Don't think they would want to sacrifice the Christmas viewing numbers a regeneration would bring in.
    it's 100% Christmas. I'm not even 100% sure they've finalised who is taking the role next... There is literally 0% chance they had the actor locked in in time to film the finale.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    it's 100% Christmas. I'm not even 100% sure they've finalised who is taking the role next... There is literally 0% chance they had the actor locked in in time to film the finale.
    Unless Moffat's biggest accomplishment is preventing the world from knowing the next Doctor, which to be honest would be a bigger twist than anything he's ever written.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Moffat's biggest accomplishment is preventing the world from knowing the next Doctor, which to be honest would be a bigger twist than anything he's ever written.
    That would be one hell of a twist!

As long as it's Kris Marshal...

They had Capaldi locked in for Day of the Doctor though, you see him briefly, very hazily step in?

Yeah, I guess hoping to see the new Doctor this finale would be too much to ask.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I guess Day of the Doctor wasn't the season finale.....but it was before the Christmas special!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    They had Capaldi locked in for Day of the Doctor though, you see him briefly, very hazily step in?

Yeah, I guess hoping to see the new Doctor this finale would be too much to ask.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I guess Day of the Doctor wasn't the season finale.....but it was before the Christmas special!
    We knew Capaldi was the next Doctor before that episode tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    They had an honest to god TV ANNOUNCEMENT when Capaldi took over. It was insane.

Never seen so much hype for a Regeneration reveal... Shame his tenure on the show never really lived up to it :'(

I have a feeling that's why they're keeping it on the DL this time.