Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The UK on the other hand has a strong and stable government days after the election.

Fptp is perfectly fine and always superior, it doesn't reward losers and fringe fruitcakes, what is wrong with that?
    Wait... this is satire, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Does it? Really? You mean like the case in Germany in the article you linked?
    so again, this part is important since every crappy thing that happens has at least london in it

An international group of bankers, lawyers and stockbrokers - reportedly with links to the City of London - appears to have fiddled the tax system, employing practices which were at best unethical, at worst illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Bit out of place to bring politics to a music festival though don't you think? I voted for him btw, and it's not impossible for him to become PM but he talks it up a lot more than is actually realistic. Even with another election, Labour have a lot of ground to make up just to get more seats, let alone a majority.
    Umm no, politics have always been a part of Glastonbury especially in its founding. I don't think you understand Glastonbury if you think politics are out of place.
    Glastonbury is a radical activist festival at it's heart, always has been, always will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Wait... this is satire, isn't it?
    The least stable government since Gordon Brown, I swear he's taking the piss and doesn't believe what he's saying.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-06-25 at 06:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global..._Centres_Index

As does your lack of knowledge. Nowhere in the EU even makes the top 10.
    So they'll prop places up to meet the requirements, we have a year, what does the UK have? Losing access to a 16 trillion € market.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    so again, this part is important since every crappy thing that happens has at least london in it
    Right, so you've decided that a story about German tax fraud involving an internal group somehow means that means that the City of London "encourages fraud" and that " every single major fraud case involving the financial sector either involves Wall-street or London" because it is mentioned in the story that the group reportedly has links with the City despite the fact the story does not confirm that the link exists nor mention what those links might be?!?

Who could possibly argue against such a well thought out point?

It's great to see that you are keeping the Gen-OT tradition of well informed and reasoned debate alive and well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    I insist, the purpose of cutting debt is so that there aren't fears of not being able to pay interest, has funding to start necessary reform and attract investors.

The situation there is unsustainable and as you have pointed out the EU is politically motivated to make sure the situation remains like that.
    The situation is sustainable, as demonstrated by reality.
    The EU can wait out Greece politicans for as long as it takes them to start on the necessary reforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The situation is sustainable, as demonstrated by reality.
    The EU can wait out Greece politicians for as long as it takes them to start on the necessary reforms.
    The reality is that had it not been for the IMF Greece would have defaulted this summer.

The reality is that had it not been for the IMF Greece would have defaulted this summer.
    Did it default?

Did it default?
    No, but thats because the IMF intervened.
    Last edited by Mittens; 2017-06-25 at 08:44 AM.

> had it not been for the IMF
    So it didn't default.
    That's what I thought.
    Thank you for participating.
    A simple no would have been enough, though.

So it didn't default.
    That's what I thought.
    Thank you for participating.
    LMAO, this is amazing. Apparently, the IMF postponing the date of the default means that the situation is sustainable.

Right, so you've decided that a story about German tax fraud involving an internal group somehow means that means that the City of London "encourages fraud" and that " every single major fraud case involving the financial sector either involves Wall-street or London" because it is mentioned in the story that the group reportedly has links with the City despite the fact the story does not confirm that the link exists nor mention what those links might be?!?

Who could possibly argue against such a well thought out point?

It's great to see that you are keeping the Gen-OT tradition of well informed and reasoned debate alive and well!
    Given that you lot always fall back to ''god dam brown people'' I would say that the constant fraud cases that the city of London is part of pretty well-thought of on why the UK EU relationship should be reconsidered.

A lose of passport should be on the table regardless of a brexit or not

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libor_scandal
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-06-25 at 09:15 AM.

LMAO, this is amazing. Apparently, the IMF postponing the date of the default means that the situation is sustainable.
    Exactly that.
    The situation is demonstrably sustainable.
    It is being sustained, after all.

Exactly that.
    The situation is demonstrably sustainable.
    It is being sustained, after all.
    Someone spinning 20 plates on sticks is "sustainable" as well. Since the person performing would be sustaining it for the period of the show. It doesn't mean that you aren't going to end up with a whole load of broken crockery as soon as you stop running around keeping them spinning. But you know that, and are just trying to score cheap points rather than attempting to further this discussion.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Given that you lot always fall back to ''god dam brown people'' I would say that the constant fraud cases that the city of London is part of pretty well-thought of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libor_scandal
    Er? What have brown people got do with banking scandals? What an absolutely moronic thing to say!

Well done you found a case of world wide banking fraud. Now how does that prove your assertions that the City of London encourages fraud or is involved with every single major fraud case? And how does this link in with the story that you linked? And doesn't the fact that several banks were hit with fines in the 100s of millions and the bankers involved were sent to prison as well as regulations being tightened to avoid future rigging disprove your claim - "one of the reasons why London is so big is because of those silly regulations that they don't seem to follow."?

Why not just admit you don't know what you're talking about?
    Last edited by Pann; 2017-06-25 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    Not really.
    IMF participation is a panacea for a lot of the participants, but is in actual reality, immaterial.
    The EU has the cash to bail out Greece all by itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Er? What have brown people got do with banking scandals? What an absolutely moronic thing to say!

Well done you found a case of world wide banking fraud. Now how does that prove your assertions that the City of London encourages fraud or is involved with every single major fraud case? And how does this link in with the story that you linked? And doesn't the fact that several banks were hit with fines in the 100s of millions and the bankers involved were sent to prison as well as regulations being tightened to avoid future rigging disprove your claim - "one of the reasons why London is so big is because of those silly regulations that they don't seem to follow."?

Why not just admit you don't know what you're talking about?
    No, Bank-er - The sole person who got jail time was the "mastermind" also know as the 35 year old junior trader,
    Who clearly acted alone, and no one else did anything wrong.
    The US had a Singular patsy like that too.

- I'm right wing, very much in favour of the rechtsstaat, But more people should have gone to jail, Like every one his bosses, because IF they didn't know, That's fucking criminal negligence anyway.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2017-06-25 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Not really.
    IMF participation is a panacea for a lot of the participants, but is in actual reality, immaterial.
    The EU has the cash to bail out Greece all by itself.
    I'm not sure what's the point you are trying to make. If what you are saying is that the EU had the funds to bailout well I'm not denying that, if the point is that the EU made the decisions that postponed Greece's default date, then you are just flat out wrong, that was the IMF that talked with creditors and gave it's sign of approval regarding the direction of Greece and it's policies.

Deleted
    I'm not sure what's the point you are trying to make. If what you are saying is that the EU had the funds to bailout well I'm not denying that, if the point is that the EU made the decisions that postponed Greece's default date, then you are just flat out wrong, that was the IMF that talked with creditors and gave it's sign of approval regarding the direction of Greece and it's policies.
    If the IMF had refused to do so, the result would have been the EU forking over more money, not a Greek default.
    Again, Total Greek debt is some 250 billion Euros.
    Total EU GDP is 17 trillion Euros.
    the Total IMF budget is in the Billions.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    If the IMF had refused to do so, the result would have been the EU forking over more money, not a Greek default.
    Again, Total Greek debt is some 250 billion Euros.
    Total EU GDP is 17 trillion Euros.
    the Total IMF budget is in the Billions.
    And then what? put Greece into square 1? Wait a couple of years and when it won't be able to pay its interests bailing them out again?
    Last edited by Mittens; 2017-06-25 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Someone spinning 20 plates on sticks is "sustainable" as well. Since the person performing would be sustaining it for the period of the show. It doesn't mean that you aren't going to end up with a whole load of broken crockery as soon as you stop running around keeping them spinning. But you know that, and are just trying to score cheap points rather than attempting to further this discussion.
    No.
    I'mpointing out that the EU can sustain the status quo until such a time that Greece's politicans finally start some reforms.
    What the EU could not afford is giving away their bargaining chip for free. Thosepoliticans would just turn arounf, say "see we were right", and continue the way they always did in the past secure in the knowledge that the EU will take the blame again in the inevitable next crisis.

So what should the EU do?
    Keep forgiving just enough debt to keep the situation sustainable until such a time that reforms are made in Greece.
    The EU can pay Greece's debt at any time, but they can never just demand it be put back afterwards.
    The forgivingof a debt in exchange for something is a deal that can only ever be done once wih any one debt.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2017-06-25 at 10:46 AM.