10+ Year Old Account

broken shore as a zone

do u actually consider broken shore a zone ? like azsuna or tanaan jungle ?
    it is the equivalent of tanaan but its made only with its world quests in mind. its smaller not to mention less appealing aesthetically again compared to even tanaan which also had fel in it but had more visual variety overall

Its not any different than the other catch up islands like Timeless and Tanaan.
    It is both a zone by conventional definition and effectively to the player.
    Not much to discuss here honestly.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do consider it a zone. However it is much lower caliber zone compared to the rest of the Broken Isles.

It's weird, obviously it is a small zone just like any other... but it doesn't feel like it since for me it's "the area I did my level 100 tutorial scenario in". Obviously, the maximum level version has more content, but it lacks visual variety too and feels way too cramped to feel like a true "zone". I'd say it's a sub-zone of the Broken Isles...

With all that said, even as a player who plays on a Normal (PvE) realm I really miss the small maximum level zones like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad which meshed PvP and PvE objectives and also contained rare mining/herb nodes -- but also mini-raids like the Vault of Archavon or Baradin Hold. Anyone else feel the same?

I wish the Broken Shore was more like said old zones.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post

With all that said, even as a player who plays on a Normal (PvE) realm I really miss the small maximum level zones like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad which meshed PvP and PvE objectives and also contained rare mining/herb nodes -- but also mini-raids like the Vault of Archavon or Baradin Hold. Anyone else feel the same?
    I loved both of those. Was the right type of PvP I liked, and with a small PvE-ish raid as a reward there was always plenty of activity around it.

Honestly i find broken isle a really bad patch zone.The best for most people was either isle of thunder or timeless isle and really there isn't anything similar to them. The nethershard system is not really a way you can target legionaries and girding it gets really boring. You get bored of the world quests real fast because they feel the same to every other world quests. Class specific world quests is a lie every class has to the same world quests. the weekly quests is a complete joke. World quests is a good system but if you are doing it during the whole expansion and in 7.2 they brings more you dont really feel like it something new.Also the rares are not as compelling to do than timeless isle or isle of thunder i think even tannan jungle gave you more reason to the rares.Also there is no PvP aspect.I think just releasing a new zone and slapping world quests to it is not really that fun maybe more like a legion assault world quests but different themes over time like void or naga assaults would be a lot better.
    Be Free! <3

It's on par with Patch zones like Quel'danas, Molten Front, IOT and Tanaan.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's on par with Patch zones like Quel'danas, Molten Front, IOT and Tanaan.
    Not really; those zones were superior is visual variety and content.

Of course it's a zone. It's neither interesting nor beautiful, but it is a zone, and a lot less like Tanaan and TI, more like Quel Danas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    do u actually consider broken shore a zone ?
    Yes, technically it is a zone. It has a zone id 7543.
    The quality of it is another matter entirely.

Gameplay-wise it's a "catch-up" zone - basically a mid-expansion zone with the purpose of presenting easy catch-up mechanics to new players.
    Just like Tanaan Jungle and the Timeless Isle in previous two expacs

In my opinion it is one of the most boring catch-up zones they've ever done - both visually and content-wise.
    I try to avoid it at all costs - luckily that is quite easy since I don't really run any alts.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good zone, just nothing outstanding which is kinda sad considering we're taking the fight to their main operations on the Isles. The main problem is the lack of lore, which they could have added to the Breaching the Tomb campaign, and taken those current quests and just make them available at different stages of Armies of Legionfall rep.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Not really; those zones were superior is visual variety and content.
    Molten Front and Quel'danas superior in content?

Are you for real? It was timegated stuff with like 10 different dailies.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Today I finished last class mount campaign, it's kinda sad that many people will never fully see what that zone offered. They really should just keep mount quests, scrap follower quests and instead make proper campaign that would involve Kil'jaeden.

From gameplay perspective, I see only one major flaw - Armies of Legionfall should be just another emissary and War Supplies world quests should be spread all around Broken Isles. Now it's far more lucrative to do same quest every day on Broken Shore than regular emissary.

All other content - challenges, rares (that actually require group this time), chest, World Bosses, Sentinax, raid, dungeon are alright. This forum always tries to find any weakness in current patch and act like it is most important thing ever and end of the world. Lacking proper campaign is sad, but still it would be just 1 hour worth of questing for week.

7+ Year Old Account
    It has its own general chat.

It even has its own local defense chat.

Questing - linear and daily - happens here.

There are also quest hubs with more than 1 flight path.

It even has a dungeon AND raid there!

It's a zone, and I consider it a zone because of these reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    do u actually consider broken shore a zone ? like azsuna or tanaan jungle ?
    it is the equivalent of tanaan but its made only with its world quests in mind. its smaller not to mention less appealing aesthetically again compared to even tanaan which also had fel in it but had more visual variety overall
    No different than others, it is a zone, really. Doesn't matter if you don't like the looks of it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a zone by definition so yes but I don't like the comparision to Tanaan Jungle which was supposed to last 6-12 months. Broken shore is more mid expansion so content-wise I'd say it more like Battlefield Barrens.

For me its not even close to Timeless isle in terms of fun and content

Deleted
    I never thought I would miss tanaan, but Tanaan was waaaay better then the broken shore IMO. I hope the argus zone we get is at least on par with tanaan.

It is a zone just a zone that isnt nice to look at and has no fluid events going on like in Timeless isle.

Its basically a horribly shitty zone that you only go to to farm shards but not in a fun interesting way.