Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What do you think of negging?

Negging is a rhetorical strategy whereby a person makes a deliberate backhanded compliment or otherwise insulting remark to another person in order to undermine their confidence in a way that gains approval.[1] The term was coined and prescribed by the pickup artist community.[2] The term has been popularized in social media[3] and mainstream media.[4][5][6] The opposite of pozzing, whereby one pays a person a compliment in order to gain their affection.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negging

Do you think it's a succesful way to get a partner to be with you?

Deleted
    so you insult them and think they will fall in love with you? why would anyone fall in love with someone who insult them????

Maybe it would work on a girl with mental issues.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    I like these forums. I can always learn new nonsensical words which I will never use because no-one talks about trash like this in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    so you insult them and think they will fall in love with you? why would anyone fall in love with someone who insult them????
    You undermine their confidence so they think they can't do better than you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    You undermine their confidence so they think they can't do better than you...
    lol.................. how do you think insulting someone undermine confidence?! people will just tell you to fuck off or attack you

hello m8, you look fucking ugly, you are uglier than a donkey i wouldnt even touch you with 10 foot pole

you think people will fall in love with that?

if you want to find partners with low self-esteem and who are ultimately not that happy to be with you, then sure, seems like a good tactic

10+ Year Old Account
    Very creepy

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen this technique used to great effect on people with low self-esteem. Unfortunately it does work, but only on the right kind of person.

Well, good luck on that working
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Negging is what socially awkward people do to make themselves feel better about themselves.
    Internet forums are churning out more and more socially awkwardly people everyday. It is quite a fascinating phenomenon actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    lol.................. how do you think insulting someone undermine confidence?! people will just tell you to fuck off or attack you

hello m8, you look fucking ugly, you are uglier than a donkey i wouldnt even touch you with 10 foot pole

you think people will fall in love with that?
    Apparently it works enough to have a following...

It works on here. Just look at the herd mentality that happens around this place.

Psychologically, people are more likely to fall deeper in love with you if they hate you first.

Lots of emotions n stuff. It works, but its mean.

I wouldn't call people lonely and shallow enough to take "dating advice" from these degenerates much of a following.

pozzing/neggars have a very different meaning here....

15+ Year Old Account
    There's lots of people in verbally abusive relationships, so it obviously works some of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it'd be a healthy position to start a relationship from and not something I'd want to engage in or be associated with.

I'm sure it's effective for some subset of damaged women.

What's pretty irritating is RedPill idiots that interpret this as a representative sample of women on the whole.

Deleted
    Is that a thing? Does it actually work on normally functioning adults?