Deleted

Why do Americans tip? It just seems like an excuse to pay your servitors less money

Something should be done about it, it is outrageous! These are the signs of a society where money is more important than the individual.

Deleted
    What game first, the low wages or the tipping?

Stop beeing cheap and tip

I get why someone would tip when someone goes above ordinary service but americans seem to tip for being provided the ordinary service, that I don't understand.

Well, there is no huge protest discussing tips and pay for servers. People who strongly dislike tipping, but do it anyways, tip because its the norm most likely wouldn't start anything because it would make them seem cheap. Servers who make good money through tips, wouldn't start it because they would end up with less money than they started (unless some commission/satisfaction incentive was included). Servers who aren't getting the higher tips on a regular basis who would probably start the group, would get dismissed on the basis of "they aren't doing a good enough job to deserve a good tip."

10+ Year Old Account
    Good job figuring out what everyone already has known for decades.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why you say "Americans" it's not just them that tip. But generally it's just something a lot of people when being served a meal, It's a way of showing you enjoyed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I get why someone would tip when someone goes above ordinary service but americans seem to tip for being provided the ordinary service, that I don't understand.
    Because it's literally part of their wages here. The only time I'm not tipping is if the server was shitty at their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Because it's literally part of their wages here. The only time I'm not tipping is if the server was shitty at their job.
    No, their wage is what the employer pays them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't post threads to just rile up the forum.

Closing