[QUOTE=DeadmanWalking;46249347]There you go making stuff up in your head again. I never said he should be the only one shooting at Pharah, I said that it is not uncommon to ask one of the people playing a counter to pharah to kill pharah. Thats the same bull that you have made up in your head that you accused your team of. Then you complained that you were playing reaper and they wanted you to kill Winston, god forbid. You still havent said who was on your team, I'm going to bet it was a bunch of people who couldnt hit Pharah at that kind of range. I stand by my comment, you were toxic and bad. get good.

But like I said, you won't listen to anyone who doesn't agree with how you depict the situation where you were the poor innocent angel incapable of doing anything wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is making up there own narrative now? lol the irony. Is it toxic to an express an opinion that is different to yours?

"Hooks don't turn into you, more than likely it is a lag issue. On your end it looked like the hook couldn't possibly hit but it hit on roadhogs end. Considering that both players are sending information across thousands of miles of internet and back again faster than a person can blink stuff like this happens."

I jump left, roadhod jumps in the same direction, hook gets shot out to the right, the end part of the hook attaches to my character even though it missed.
    So unless the end part of it acts in a different way to the chain.
    You can see a similar thing occur if you jump into training mode on hanzo and hit a target with an arrow at certain angles, it curves into the target even though
    it clearly misses.
    Lag probably explains alot of it but there is definitely some wonky projectiles at play at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously don't understand the obsession people have with Symmetra. She's awful. Isn't her win-rate just a distortion because people switch off her and get losses attributed to someone else? They're a dime a dozen at this level, and they're all shit, for both teams, but no one seems to have noticed, and talk about this win rate for a hero with <2% pick rate.

How she's not just considered a joke or troll pick, I don't understand. Half her kit gets wiped out instantly, she can't engage about 70% of the cast at all, and of those she can, she can't beat the tanks and the rest have speeds boosts to get them away. You have her on team and you're 5v6 for virtually the entire fight but for those few moments no one is paying attention - when anyone elses' ult would do as much if not more.

I just really, really hate her by now. I ask people to switch, I get told she has a great win rate and they'll prove me wrong. Then they just die to 76, Widow or Pharah like as soon as the doors open. If they last any longer a tank mows them down. Then when Point A is gone, they switch and all the ult charge they could have had one a good hero is missed out on and you're on the back foot. It's infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post

Who is making up there own narrative now? lol the irony. Is it toxic to an express an opinion that is different to yours?
    "I'm going to bet it was a bunch of people who couldn't hit pharah" is not 'soldier should be the only one shooting at pharah and everyone else should ignore her.'

In case english is hard to read I will spell it out for you, people who can't hit Pharah include Rheinhardt, Symmettra, Reaper, and junkrat and if high enough Roadhog. Man, reading comprehension is hard.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-25 at 03:24 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    "I'm going to bet it was a bunch of people who couldn't hit pharah" is not 'soldier should be the only one shooting at pharah and everyone else should ignore her.'

In case english is hard to read I will spell it out for you, people who can't hit Pharah include Rheinhardt, Symmettra, Reaper, and junkrat and if high enough Roadhog. Man, reading comprehension is hard.
    of those only symmetra and reinhardt can't with his melee, he can with his e

roadhog can hit as reliably as soldier on range with rightclick because of soldier bloom, if close enough to hit with full force of rightclick then he is more effective than soldier to kill pharah because it is instant kill

reaper can hit her if she's close to the ground instead of flying in the sky, junkrat can too
    Last edited by mmocb949c9f970; 2017-06-25 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    of those only symmetra and reinhardt can't with his melee, he can with his e

roadhog can hit as reliably as soldier on range with rightclick because of soldier bloom, if close enough to hit with full force of rightclick then he is more effective than soldier to kill pharah because it is instant kill

reaper can hit her if she's close to the ground instead of flying in the sky, junkrat can too
    Pro tip, don't full auto on pharah with Soldier, do 3 round or single round shots and there is no bloom.

Also if Pharah is low enough to be hit by roadhog or reaper then she is a bad pharah or got caught entirely out of position. I have shot down a pharah with a reaper before but it takes 10-12 shots to chip her health down if she is in the air where she should be and Reapers shots are better spent elsewhere where he can 1-3 shot enemies unless pharah is the only threat in view.

If Rheinhardt is wasting a shot with his e on an airborne pharah with his e then he is wasting an ability that pierces multiple targets and shields on the ground. Also his e ability has a cooldown, soldiers bullets do not. That is why Soldier is a pharah counter and not rhein.

I don;t understand why I have to explain basic game play in an overwatch forum because you want to defend a toxic player.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-25 at 03:56 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Pro tip, don't full auto on pharah with Soldier, do 3 round or single round shots and there is no bloom.
    good luck killing pharah with that lol she will shoot you dead before you can kill her with that

good luck killing pharah with that lol she will shoot you dead before you can kill her with that
    I do it all the time and is highly accurate. It is a lot faster than missing half your shots with the bloom going full spread and having to reload. You also don't get ult charge for missing shots so more ults = more dead pharahs. Also pharahs hits are extremely easy to dodge if you know how to strafe and hit the jump buttom. Get gud?
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-25 at 04:49 PM.

Deleted
    I do it all the time and is highly accurate. It is a lot faster than missing half your shots with the bloom going full spread and having to reload. You also don't get ult charge for missing shots so more ults = more dead pharahs. Get gud?
    maybe you should get good to meet people who actually are good killing bronze pharahs dont count
    Last edited by mmocb949c9f970; 2017-06-25 at 04:54 PM.

maybe you should get good to meet people who actually are good killing bronze pharahs dont count
    What the hell are you even carrying on about? Do you even know what the conversation is about or are you just desperate for a come back?

Soldiers bloom is a non issue if you 1-3 tap soldiers gun, is highly accurate and charges your ult faster effectively removing your bloom from the equation. If Pharah is close enough for reapers and roadhogs to hit then the bloom on the full auto is essentially removed from the equation because she is close enough to hit with most shots. At long range however 1-3 taps will shred her far quicker than going full auto with bloom and needing to reload because most of your shots don't hit.

Those are facts, it isn't my fault you didn't ever think of using lots of small fast busts against a long range pharah rather than just preying and spraying into the air. But the good news is today you learned something.

Deleted
    What the hell are you even carrying on about? Do you even know what the conversation is about or are you just desperate for a come back?

Soldiers bloom is a non issue if you 1-3 tap soldiers gun, is highly accurate and charges your ult faster effectively removing your bloom from the equation. If Pharah is close enough for reapers and roadhogs to hit then the bloom on the full auto is essentially removed from the equation because she is close enough to hit with most shots. At long range however 1-3 taps will shred her far quicker than going full auto with bloom and needing to reload because most of your shots don't hit.

Those are facts, it isn't my fault you didn't ever think of using lots of small fast busts against a long range pharah rather than just preying and spraying into the air. But the good news is today you learned something.
    soldier is not hard to deal with as pharah... widowmaker or ana is far more dangerous than soldier lol as they can snipe from distance where they can dodge the rockets, soldier need to be closer to do damage and is easier to hit

10+ Year Old Account

If Pharah is close enough for Soldier to go full-auto and hit her with most of the shots, she's close enough to be killed by basically anyone in the roster and you don't need Soldier to shoot her in the first place, really.

Like you say, burst-firing with Soldier to minimize bloom is the only way to effectively take Pharah out at range. If you full-auto, the bloom will mean you miss FAR more shots than you'd have hit if you'd just burst-fired.

That all said, I've been saying for months that Soldier's not a Pharah counter. He can SHOOT her, but at long ranges, I'd put Soldier and Pharah on pretty even ground, versus each other. He can chip her health down, but a few rockets and Soldier's gonna drop too. That's not a "counter"; for that word to apply you've got to have significantly better than a 50% chance of winning a 1v1. And I don't see that, with Soldier v. Pharah; it's more of an even fight. The difference is that half the roster (roughly) can't effectively shoot back at Pharah at all, so a 50% chance against her looks "good" by comparison.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-06-25 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If Pharah is close enough for Soldier to go full-auto and hit her with most of the shots, she's close enough to be killed by basically anyone in the roster and you don't need Soldier to shoot her in the first place, really.

Like you say, burst-firing with Soldier to minimize bloom is the only way to effectively take Pharah out at range. If you full-auto, the bloom will mean you miss FAR more shots than you'd have hit if you'd just burst-fired.

That all said, I've been saying for months that Soldier's not a Pharah counter. He can SHOOT her, but at long ranges, I'd put Soldier and Pharah on pretty even ground, versus each other. He can chip her health down, but a few rockets and Soldier's gonna drop too. That's not a "counter"; for that word to apply you've got to have significantly better than a 50% chance of winning a 1v1. And I don't see that, with Soldier v. Pharah; it's more of an even fight. The difference is that half the roster (roughly) can't effectively shoot back at Pharah at all, so a 50% chance against her looks "good" by comparison.
    I agree and I have been saying for months that we need another character with a jump pack who can do interesting aerial battles with her with a medium/short range weapon, in my opinion a flame thrower would be fun. a pyro with a heavy damage short range attack that leaves behind a dot with fall offs in damage the further away it is. They melt Pharahs in air combat but against anyone else their game is drop in, flame on and jump out and let dots do the work.

Also having a soldier does not resolve the pharah issue because there are 5 other threats on the board trying to kill soldier and if they do keep soldier running back to the fight their pharah can run rampant on the other team.

McCree isn't a counter because of damage fall off and slow rate of fire, if you miss a shot or 2 pharah lives much longer. Anna needs to have her eyes on the ground game where people need to be healed, grenaded and slept. Zen has a slight travel time but is pretty accurate with a high rate of fire and he can heal without paying a lot of attention to the ground game. He isn't a bad option either. My biggest issue with him is a lack of escape and survivability.

- - - Updated - - -

soldier is not hard to deal with as pharah... widowmaker or ana is far more dangerous than soldier lol as they can snipe from distance where they can dodge the rockets, soldier need to be closer to do damage and is easier to hit
    Soldier doesn't need to be closer, if at range your best option is to do repeatedly do small round bursts. It isn't optimal but it is far more efficient than praying and spraying. But do feel free to continue carrying on about what you didn't know about. You will never be in a position where you can always be in range of full auto on a pharah and unlike the majority of other characters you actually have an option to deal with her more efficiently as soldier than most do which is why people consider him a counter to her. Sometimes the solution to the problem is not to mindlessly hold down the trigger.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-25 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted

Soldier doesn't need to be closer, if at range your best option is to do repeatedly do small round bursts. It isn't optimal but it is far more efficient than praying and spraying. But do feel free to continue carrying on about what you didn't know about.
    LOL yes he does, he has damage drop off if he is not close enough, widowmaker and ana dont when sniping

soldier is not a long range character, the damage drops to 2.5-5 per bullet if he's too far away
    Last edited by mmocb949c9f970; 2017-06-25 at 06:47 PM.

LOL yes he does, he has damage drop off if he is not close enough, widowmaker and ana dont when sniping

soldier is not a long range character, the damage drops to 2.5-5 per bullet if he's too far away
    This is a bit of a stretch.

I mean sure I agree he performs best at medium ranges but I'd still consider him a long range hero.

Also seriously if Pharah is that much of an issue start playing Dva and just hold RMB and let your dps shoot at her for free, it's the best strat against her by far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This is a bit of a stretch.

I mean sure I agree he performs best at medium ranges but I'd still consider him a long range hero.

Also seriously if Pharah is that much of an issue start playing Dva and just hold RMB and let your dps shoot at her for free, it's the best strat against her by far.
    he is not a long range if his damage drops to 2.5-5 per bullet if he's not close enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go Widow, kill her 3-4 times, she'll switch.

Oh and Horizon is a fucking joke of a map. Just not defendable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    On my games in this map so far, the only times where attackers won the game are when the defenders are getting steamrolled and pushed back into their spawn. Wonder when Horizon is going to be renamed Temple 2.0.

And then you cry because no one keeps the ennemy Winston off you. :'(

EDIT : grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I strongly agree with this. I don't see a lot of Soldiers that consistently take down Pharah if she's at all smart about ranging and line of sight.

Also if Pharah tags him and he uses his healing ability, it anchors him to a point and means he's predictable for a short period.

I D.Va main and while her guns are fairly atrocious at being an actual from-ground Pharah counter at long range, a little more DPS helping the Soldier is sometimes enough to swing it if I have no better targets. At mid range more so, and at short, as you say, anyone's an option.

Lastly I have pretty good success charging her down with jets, either as a short range surprise-angle ambush or if she tries to flee on low (or even low-ish) health a headbutt or headbutt and then bit of short range gunning as I fall back down is often enough for the finisher, and since one of my main tasks is to matrix her rockets I can usually afford to leave the front line for the time it takes if I hold her attention. Moderately pointless if she has Mercy cover though, better off driving off the Mercy.

On another note Reaper's changes makes him almost unkillable vs D.Va and I think most tanks once he's at short range. I can't out-DPS his healing, if I manage to matrix key shots and force him to reload he'll usually flee instead, jetting after him is a hiding to nowhere because I'm in the same situation with no jets to escape. Once I'm out of mech I do better - I'm not the same big target easy heals and pistol can be quite effective, but again, he's got the flee option. I wonder if there's a nerf incoming to his healing, maybe key it off health damage only?

Roadhog's hook+shot definitely got weaker, but while hook is on CD I actually feel a little more effective with him. Damage against Lucio/Tracer/Genji and other fast movers is more consistent with the faster fire rate. Hook is still great for positional play and just means a little more effort from your teammates to secure the kill. Does feel weaker against tanks where he could guarantee the full spread shots.

I find that a good widow on defense can make the last point damn near impossible. Especially if your flankers are constantly hitting them from behind and generally hassling them so they can't focus on the widow way in the back.

Also how many comp matches do you find where someone doesn't pick a hanzo and then everyone screams about how we don't need a fucking widow?

On another note I see more teams winning with 2 heals and 3 dps 1 tank over 2 2 2 now. Just can't out damage them before they out damage you.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-26 at 12:56 AM.