Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I know a better way, take away their financial aid, they'll be begging to take them back in matters of minutes.

Deleted
    It's a good measure. This way those countries will be forced to rethink about their own emigrants.

I think sadly its far to late. It is getting to the point people have lost so much faith in their government they are starting to take up arms themselves.

I can't see anything but pain and suffering in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    you think they are without access to internet for news? wtf are you? racist of low expectations? think they can't check for themselfs?
    Right, because with all the internet access and research, they take the most dangerous routes to come to europe, makes sense. Also, they obviously all speak at least 2 languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Right, because with all the internet access and research, they take the most dangerous routes to come to europe, makes sense. Also, they obviously all speak at least 2 languages.
    so racist of low expectations it is then, don't you dare saying someone is bad for being racist when you are a racist of low expectations

Deleted
    Actually, they do research and enter in contact with the smugglers. That's why they travel to Lybia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    I know a better way, take away their financial aid, they'll be begging to take them back in matters of minutes.
    Yep, because if life there gets even more worse that will stop them from fleeing their aweful situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Actually, they do research and enter in contact with the smugglers. That's why they travel to Lybia.
    I'm more than willing to read something about this as i haven't heard anything that would say so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    so racist of low expectations it is then, don't you dare saying someone is bad for being racist when you are a racist of low expectations
    Ok, anything else you want to throw at me?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I'm more than willing to read something about this as i haven't heard anything that would say so.
    Come on now, do you think that it's just a coincidence that they mostly embark from libya? The numbers would suggest that they're flocking there due to their research.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well instead of killing people at sea (which is what you are suggesting) we can actually do what is suggested here and send them back home. Make the message clear enough and they will stop coming. Noone is willing to risk their lives and everything they own to go somewhere if it is clear they will be detained and soon after returned from wherever they came.
    Or take them to camp Refooge, where they can enjoy a fun work vacation outdoors and could enjoy such luxuries as a fully organic diet of water and raw corn. Then when they go back home, they can tell about it to their relatives and friends as well, so they could construct their own shoddy boats and come join the fun too.

A better idea is financial sanctions. Hit them where it hurts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Come on now, do you think that it's just a coincidence that they mostly embark from libya? The numbers would suggest that they're flocking there due to their research.
    No of course not, the human smuggling routes don't start in libya.

Very commen now is that the refugees here doing holidays in there homecountrys and we let them travel back to europe...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ort-finds.html

I mean WTF is wrong with our system.

Deleted
    Seems sensible, the Eu shouldn't be the world's dumping ground.

never should have taken them in the first place, just send them back or refuse to let them come ashore.

however at least the EU is starting to wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    never should have taken them in the first place, just send them back or refuse to let them come ashore.

however at least the EU is starting to wake up.
    How is it hard to understand that international law prevents this?

Stupid people keep bleating it, with no understanding as to why it's absolutely not an option. Letting people die, whom you have the resources to save, is completely unethical.

But I guess a forum of vidya-nerds there's no compassion found. Can't expect broken people to act like decent human beings.

Deleted
    Why would we want to send all the doctors back?

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    How is it hard to understand that international law prevents this?
    International laws don't mean squat. They're not enforceable, they're basically just an agreement to play by some rules that everyone can freely ignore when they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Stupid people keep bleating it, with no understanding as to why it's absolutely not an option. Letting people die, whom you have the resources to save, is completely unethical.
    Wrong, circumstances makes it either ethical or unethical. In this case, they're not in need of saving as they're not fleeing anything in the first place. They just want a better and more comfortable life or do you seriously mean to suggest that worse living standards than first world countries is something people need to flee from and be saved from?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-06-25 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Why would we want to send all the doctors back?
    The local African Shaman doesn't count.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, we could try the australian approach: redirect them to some tiny and usually sparse populated islands of italy and greece, but deny them landfall on continental europe forever. no if's and but's and the only way the can move is back to africa or syria or wherever they came from, after the conflicts at home are settled.

Glad the EU is finally getting rid of the illegal immigrants that just piggybacked on refugees.