Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    He was reelected multiple times actually.
    But why? He is advocating for creating fake evidences in a homicide investigation. Isn't that the creation of false evidences a crime itself?
    Not to mention, that doing that actually can be very dangerous. What, if they investigate anyway, and realize, that it is your gun? And you placed it after shooting him? Starts smelling like murder right, and your "self defense claim" flys out of the window.
    Last edited by josykay; 2017-06-23 at 02:35 PM.

Elaina, a calm and rational officer knows that there is a ~0% chance someone would declare possession of a firearm under any circumstance if they had any intention of trying to ambush law enforcement. A wise one would probably understand that anyone carrying -- even if illegally, let alone legally -- and willing to preface that isn't looking for trouble. And of course an educated officer would know that legal carriers are demographically amongst the most law-abiding in the country.

Yanez was neither calm, rational, wise, nor educated; he lost his shit, so Castile lost his life. As I recall the other officer looked more seasoned, maybe older, which is telling as well that he sensed no danger from this cooperative man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Yanez was neither calm, rational, wise, nor educated; he lost his shit, so Castile lost his life. As I recall the other officer looked more seasoned, maybe older, which is telling as well that he sensed no danger from this cooperative man.
    I mean, you can see him duck down to see WTF his partner's screeching about right as Yanez starts firing, at which point he flinches backwards; he's obviously not expecting a shooting from anything that had happened to that point.

If Yanez had backed off and demanded Castile get out and lay on the ground, fine.
    If Yanez had kept the gun on him and kept telling Castile to freeze, fine.

We mostly just have an issue that Yanez went from 0 to Shoot Him 7 Times in the space of about one single second, and apparently without ever seeing the weapon, since he makes no attempt to secure it after the shooting.

You guys dont realise that our country is a second world country with some really hostile minded people towards the police. So they expect gunfire every second of their service ( unlike in Europe which is honestly more civilized and peaceful ) plus we have a higher percentage of non-white population which statistically more ingaged in cop-killing.
    so the policeman saw
    1) a mexican looking guy
    2) potentially with a weapon.

now re-read what I've just said and try to understand the circumstances of that situation.

It clearly illustrates the officer has given him two conflicting commands. It clearly illustrates the officer closest to Castile perceives no threat. It clearly illustrates that Yanez is probably too flighty and insecure to be a peace officer.
    No it doesnt. It clearly shows the police officer asking for his license and registration, it shows that Castille provided one, but not the other and before providing the second Castille stops to inform him that he has a fire arm. Then it clearly illustrates the officer telling him not to pull out his weapon, and when Castille reaches he repeats the command several times while Castille ignores him.

It's very clear, that had Castille stopped reaching and informed the officer his wallet was in his back pocket, he'd be alive, instead of just saying "I'm not" and continue to reach behind himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, you can see him duck down to see WTF his partner's screeching about right as Yanez starts firing, at which point he flinches backwards; he's obviously not expecting a shooting from anything that had happened to that point.

If Yanez had backed off and demanded Castile get out and lay on the ground, fine.
    If Yanez had kept the gun on him and kept telling Castile to freeze, fine.

We mostly just have an issue that Yanez went from 0 to Shoot Him 7 Times in the space of about one single second, and apparently without ever seeing the weapon, since he makes no attempt to secure it after the shooting.
    A police officer can go from "0 to dead" in a single second, and they're TRAINED to know that.

Try watching this. If Castille had simply stopped what he was doing and informed the officer that his wallet was in his back pocket, he would be alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcs View Post
    A police officer can go from "0 to dead" in a single second, and they're TRAINED to know that.

Try watching this. If Castille had simply stopped what he was doing and informed the officer that his wallet was in his back pocket, he would be alive.
    Irrelevant, because they are also PAID and HONORED for that. Police officers are the first line of defense in enforcing our laws. It's a hazardous job.

What this -and the many other cases- proves is that culturally we would rather pass that hazard onto the citizens police might encounter, so long as those citizens aren't part of our group. That way you can keep your officers and your people... but fuck those hoodrats amirite??

No it doesnt. It clearly shows the police officer asking for his license and registration, it shows that Castille provided one, but not the other and before providing the second Castille stops to inform him that he has a fire arm. Then it clearly illustrates the officer telling him not to pull out his weapon, and when Castille reaches he repeats the command several times while Castille ignores him.

It's very clear, that had Castille stopped reaching and informed the officer his wallet was in his back pocket, he'd be alive, instead of just saying "I'm not" and continue to reach behind himself.

- - - Updated - - -

The very fact that Castile disclosed would lead a reasonable man to at least some cautious reassurance that this person isn't going to try to ambush you. I mean, it's as ludicrous as the "walk the walk" Geico commercial with the Sheriff spelling out everything he's trying to do to intimidate the outlaws -- no, Yanez, the passenger of a car isn't going to sit there and say "I have a gun" and THEN start slowly reaching for it in order to pull it on you. If he had any mind to try to get the drop on you he'd have, oh as for example, not told you he had the gun in the first place.

For his part, the other officer who seems totally indifferent to the announcement of the gun may have been on that wavelength.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NRA is a racist organization for not speaking up.

The officer is a punk who should have never made it out of the academy. There was a fucking child in the car. To reiterate, even his partner was left in shock, the one person who should have been in sync with the killer.

People who act like jurors are immaculate are willfully ignorant or hypocrites. Considering the same fucking we a jury somehow acquitted Cosby...

Sometimes even if you do the right thing you still can't fucking win in America.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Uh... the video proof they released around the time the officer was acquitted? It clearly illustrates the cop telling him to stop, and Castille not listening.
    He listened and responded saying that he wasn't reaching but we know how bright cops are.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    Irrelevant, because they are also PAID and HONORED for that. Police officers are the first line of defense in enforcing our laws. It's a hazardous job.

What this -and the many other cases- proves is that culturally we would rather pass that hazard onto the citizens police might encounter, so long as those citizens aren't part of our group. That way you can keep your officers and your people... but fuck those hoodrats amirite??

Paid to die? Hardly. They are paid to keep the peace, and if some one is reaching for a potential weapon, well, that disrupts the peace.

- - - Updated - - -

The very fact that Castile disclosed would lead a reasonable man to at least some cautious reassurance that this person isn't going to try to ambush you. I mean, it's as ludicrous as the "walk the walk" Geico commercial with the Sheriff spelling out everything he's trying to do to intimidate the outlaws -- no, Yanez, the passenger of a car isn't going to sit there and say "I have a gun" and THEN start slowly reaching for it in order to pull it on you. If he had any mind to try to get the drop on you he'd have, oh as for example, not told you he had the gun in the first place.

For his part, the other officer who seems totally indifferent to the announcement of the gun may have been on that wavelength.
    Irrelevant? He has NO clue what Castille's intentions are, he may have said that.. Then pulled out his weapon, shot the officer dead and sped off before his partner could even register what was going on. Just because its unlikely, doesn't mean it's impossible, and it becomes more possible every moment you say "Stop reaching" and they keep reaching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    He listened and responded saying that he wasn't reaching but we know how bright cops are.
    That's like me point a gun at you and saying "Lul it's K Its not loaded, I PROMISE!!" and then shooting you dead on purpose or hell even on accident. You KNOW he has a fire arm, you SEE him reaching you TELL him not to and he keeps doing it, you take action. I assure you, even telling you the gun wasn't loaded, you'd duck or move out of the way of the barrel or just try to slap it from my hands, because your safety comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That's because you're racist. There is 0 proof of racism but you assume racism therefore you are the biased one.
    LOL No. You clearly don't even understand the subject matter. Exercise your free-thinking, independent mind and take a sociology course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Irrelevant? He has NO clue what Castille's intentions are, he may have said that.. Then pulled out his weapon, shot the officer dead and sped off before his partner could even register what was going on. Just because its unlikely, doesn't mean it's impossible, and it becomes more possible every moment you say "Stop reaching" and they keep reaching.
    The fact that Castille told him he had a gun, wasn't being loud or belligerent, and had his girlfriend and daughter in the car with him should have made it clear what his intentions were.

Chances are if you have your girlfriend in the driver's seat, and a 4 year old in the back seat, you're not going to start a gunfight with a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The fact that Castille told him he had a gun, wasn't being loud or belligerent, and had his girlfriend and daughter in the car with him should have made it clear what his intentions were.

Chances are if you have your girlfriend in the driver's seat, and a 4 year old in the back seat, you're not going to start a gunfight with a cop.
    ... And yet you don't know that. Chances are when you tell some one to stop reaching, and they keep reaching, they probably have some questionable intentions.

The officer had told him to stop reaching, he should have just listened. Even if the cop was a jumpy incompetent idiot, Castille just had to stop reaching for what ever it was he was reaching for, and this entire situation would be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... And yet you don't know that. Chances are when you tell some one to stop reaching, and they keep reaching, they probably have some questionable intentions.

The officer had told him to stop reaching, he should have just listened. Even if the cop was a jumpy incompetent idiot, Castille just had to stop reaching for what ever it was he was reaching for, and this entire situation would be different.
    Think for a second here; Why would Castille tell the cop that he has a gun, and then proceed to reach for said gun with the intention of using it against the officer (again, with his child and girlfriend in the car with him)?

The police are supposed to be professionals, and nothing about the incident was professional on the part of the officer.

Think for a second here; Why would Castille tell the cop that he has a gun, and then proceed to reach for said gun with the intention of using it against the officer (again, with his child and girlfriend in the car with him)?

The police are supposed to be professionals, and nothing about the incident was professional on the part of the officer.
    Good to know that all you need to do to shoot an officer is say you're not reaching for anything why you keep on reaching. I recommend you never become a police officer for your own safety.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    That way you can keep your officers and your people... but fuck those hoodrats amirite??
    you have to be a complete moron to think people would ever place the lives of strangers over their own

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah totally, you totally have time to think complete thoughts in such a situation
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Good to know that all you need to do to shoot an officer is say you're not reaching for anything why you keep on reaching. I recommend you never become a police officer for your own safety.
    Uh again, if his goal was to shoot the officer, why would he tell the officer in a kind manner that he has a gun? Why not just shoot him and drive away? Hell, why would he pull over in the first place? Why not lead the cops on a high speed chase through Minneapolis with his family in the car? They have a better chance of surviving that than in a crossfire with two cops on either side of the vehicle.

Again, you're not using your brain here. You're simply spouting off bias rhetoric without using simple logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    you have to be a complete moron to think people would ever place the lives of strangers over their own

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah totally, you totally have time to think complete thoughts in such a situation
    Really? Was Castille acting in a violent manner? He calmly told him that he had a firearm. Do you honestly believe right after that he would reach for the gun to shoot an officer? That literally makes zero sense.

Deleted
    I don't think it's been posted.

I don't usually like Trevor Noa, but I think this video is a great dissection of the events.
    Though the final point is, I think, misconstrued There's more of a reasonable doubt about what actually happened: he could be actually reaching, while saying otherwise. It could be, according the the proof standards. It's just such an unlikely scenario, that I find the wagon circling around the cop, that many people express, disgusting.

I'll do the same to you: Think for a second here, the cop tells Castille to stop reaching, and he keeps reaching. Why would Castille keep reaching if he didn't intend to shoot the cop?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    He had every right to have the gun. We know he wasn't reaching for it because the cop said afterward that he didn't know where the gun was, and he made no attempt to secure the gun after firing.
    Are you saying the driver failed to inform the cop about where the gun was located, when he said he had a gun?

Does this sound like responsible gun management to you?