Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Switch Pro controller is one of the most solid game pads there are. Joycons are small and fiddly, they can work for you fine (and I hope they do for me), but the Pro Controller is leagues above them in form.
    i can use them fine but they feel small and cheap, especially the analogue sticks.

I'm still on the fence about buying one, things like it being easily scratched (which you can't even solve by putting a skin on it as that ruins it just as much), the overheated ones, the joy con issues, the under-powered crap old Tegra GPU instead of the newest one...I can't help but feel they'll be pushing a Switch 2 or Switch Pro model within a year like their rivals for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    DLC made post launch is different thing than putting incomplete alpha build into a disk (or cart in the case fo Switch) and hastily throwing together huge ass patch to be downloaded Day1 to get the game playable. Games should be finished, working products when they are put out to be sold, but I quess that is too much to ask from today's publishers.
    You're right that is too much to ask for when Nintendo needed a launch game, clearly cut content to be finished later as DLC and released a game that couldn't even maintain 30 fps for 50% of the experience prior to numerous patches.

Zelda is as big of an example of any as a game that is clearly not finished, being released. Because Nintendo didn't have a choice. Just because it's a good game doesn't change the issues with it that make this clearly obvious.

Not everything is evil publisher trying to screw over the consumer. Sometimes, you have to pull the trigger on a game before it becomes a money pit.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-25 at 03:10 AM.

Picked up Oceanhorn on the E shop and its... not great. Another reminder Nobou Uematsu will compose for any old shit nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    I'm still on the fence about buying one, things like it being easily scratched (which you can't even solve by putting a skin on it as that ruins it just as much), the overheated ones, the joy con issues, the under-powered crap old Tegra GPU instead of the newest one...I can't help but feel they'll be pushing a Switch 2 or Switch Pro model within a year like their rivals for some reason.
    they have to stock the first one before they can release and updated one.

my walmart in sarasota,FL always has the switch. pretty sure all the walmarts in the city do. whenever i walk past the cage when im working(in the backroom), theres always a stack of them sitting there.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Probably a good choice, my friend asked me if he should get one now (because he really enjoyed ARMS on someone elses Switch) and I said unless you are really interested in the three games out right now (not counting indies) then wait until Holiday season. Althought it will be even harder to find one during that time.
    Yeah, no need to rush it. I don't regret buying the Switch on Release, but if it would be my only Gaming Console, I would feel kinda underwhelmed with the current Game Catalogue. If it wouldn't be for Disgaea 5, my Switch would gather dust in the shelf.

Always better to not fall for the hype, but the Hype was strong this time :-)

I keep seeing people post about not being able to find a Switch anywhere. And I'm sitting here scratching my head at the fact that two of our local Walmarts have had them in stock almost constantly since the Switch launched. I think I only ever saw them sold out once shortly after launch. Every time I've been in there since, they have at least four or five in the display case at all times. I guess the demand for them in my area is basically nonexistent (can't say I blame the people who aren't bothering to buy them yet either).

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I keep seeing people post about not being able to find a Switch anywhere. And I'm sitting here scratching my head at the fact that two of our local Walmarts have had them in stock almost constantly since the Switch launched. I think I only ever saw them sold out once shortly after launch. Every time I've been in there since, they have at least four or five in the display case at all times. I guess the demand for them in my area is basically nonexistent (can't say I blame the people who aren't bothering to buy them yet either).
    Some people actually fall for the game store meme and actually still go to game stores to pay more for shittier service and poorly maintained stock.

I went to a toys r us and they just had a stack of neons, like a pyramid stack behind a counter.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Some people actually fall for the game store meme and actually still go to game stores to pay more for shittier service and poorly maintained stock.
    No, most people just live in populated areas, where shocker: The Switch is hard to find.

If you're telling me the Switch isn't hard to find then Nintendo is in major trouble looking at those sales numbers ROFL.

I went to a toys r us and they just had a stack of neons, like a pyramid stack behind a counter.
    and at my local walmart everytime we get stock its sold out within 2 days.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and at my local walmart everytime we get stock its sold out within 2 days.
    Every Wal-Mart,Best Buy and Toy's R Us around me has been sold out non-stop. I have only seen Best Buy have them in stock once and they was all on a table at the fount door(about 13 totaly) with games and shit next to them.

Each gamestop near me that has had instore stock has sold them a day early'er then they advertised they would sell them (Sell on Tuseday post they would sell Wed).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Every Wal-Mart,Best Buy and Toy's R Us around me has been sold out non-stop. I have only seen Best Buy have them in stock once and they was all on a table at the fount door(about 13 totaly) with games and shit next to them.

Each gamestop near me that has had instore stock has sold them a day early'er then they advertised they would sell them (Sell on Tuseday post they would sell Wed).
    Guess I should be like the rest of the assholes on Ebay then and buy all of the Switches that are in stock in my area and then sell them for hugely inflated prices on Ebay and make a nice little profit off of them.

I won't actually do that, because I'm not an asshole like that, but it would be easy to do seeing how badly some people want a Switch but can't seem to find one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No, most people just live in populated areas, where shocker: The Switch is hard to find.

If you're telling me the Switch isn't hard to find then Nintendo is in major trouble looking at those sales numbers ROFL.
    Not that I live in a huge city, but the population of the city where I live and the surrounding area is easily 150,000-200,000. Walmart can't seem to get rid of the Switches they have. So the popularity of Nintendo in my area must be nonexistent.

man the new pokemon switch game has amazing graphics

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...and_arena_mode

ARMS patch 1.1 adds Arena mode under Local play, which mimics Online's Party mode, allows up to 4-players per-lobby, and allows two of those players to spectate.

Also adds LAN play by changing Local play when you press the left stick and hold L and R.

and the kids go "dad? whats LAN mean?" as people over 30 shed a tear like that one native american in the littering psa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont like Arms.

Picked up Oceanhorn on the E shop and its... not great. Another reminder Nobou Uematsu will compose for any old shit nowadays.
    You would've been better off asking opinions before buying that one. It's very... meh.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/namco-museum-adds-pac-man-vs

Pac-Man Vs, a Pac-Man game designed by Miyamoto for the GameCube, is coming to Namco Museam which will be out digitally for the Switch this summer.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/s...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Launch date for Yooka-Laylee for the Switch should be announced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I dont like Arms.
    Would you say you're.... up in "arms" over this game?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__