Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Do you foresee there being any tuning adjustments to ToS Normal / ToS Heroic?

So, with week 1 of ToS drawing to a close, do any people here who have complete ToS Normal and/or Heroic forsee there being any adjustments to increase / decrease the difficulty of any bosses? Any bosses you particularly had difficulty with beating, or any bosses you beat with far too much ease on either difficulty?

With 8/9 hc and 37% wipe on KJ, i hope some issues will be adjusted and foresee them being hated totaly by pugs are:

- Chaos on Avatar... Especially if you have a clump of Melee.

- Hight of knockback on bombs on Maiden.

- Give the Eels on Mistress more health... They die way to quickly.

- Demonic Inquisition fps issues... Im hoping im not the only one.

Overall, the raid feels very nicely tuned and with a clear progression path... Maybe Maiden should have been a little earlier, due to how comparatively easy she is... But a great raid imo.

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Avatar seems a bit overtunned on Normal at least

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    With 8/9 hc and 37% wipe on KJ, i hope some issues will be adjusted and foresee them being hated totaly by pugs are:

- Chaos on Avatar... Especially if you have a clump of Melee.

- Hight of knockback on bombs on Maiden.

- Give the Eels on Mistress more health... They die way to quickly.

- Demonic Inquisition fps issues... Im hoping im not the only one.

Overall, the raid feels very nicely tuned and with a clear progression path... Maybe Maiden should have been a little earlier, due to how comparatively easy she is... But a great raid imo.
    If you have a ton of melee, just have them spread out. We killed him with 11 or 12 melee and never had a problem with it once we spread
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see much issue with Normal, and didn't have FPS issues with DI but I run a GTX 1070 so I really don't expect any FPS issues. We struggled a bit for Maiden on the few pulls we had on HC, the only thing I would like to see is a more definitive graphic or indication of the swirls on Maiden to avoid half the raid getting bombs.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Kil'Jaeden needs a full redesign so he isn't a totally shit fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    It's still better than both Xavius and Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairchild View Post
    Definitely not. It is the second to last boss in the raid, and having that dps requirement sets up for KJ. Honestly, it isn't a very high dps requirement either. I think you will down it with an average of around 550k or so, which seems very reasonable for guilds who are looking to progress on normal, then work on heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

What didn't you like about the fight? Our entire guild found it really entertaining and tuned really well. The mechanics are enjoyable, and I will definitely see this fight being an extreme challenge on mythic if tuned as well as it is on heroic.

Deleted
    No, not really - they all seem fine to me. The avatar DPS requirement is lolz
    It's kinda boring raid tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairchild View Post
    In my 3rd alt's group that only killed heroic GD a few weeks before ToS came out we accidentally hit him to 20% before maiden died.

That seems like the opposite of overturned to me.

I don't see a problem with any of them, but things always get changed one way or another. I was a bit surprised to see the need to immune soak in normal on KJ, normally that is reserved for heroic and above. So if I had to guess they would remove anything it would be that.

- - - Updated - - -

The amount of down time and the fog of war nonsense isn't exactly fun.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

KJ hits as truck..all other bosses before him are kinda just poking you a bit =)

removal of intermission please on kj, it servers no fucking purpose on anything above normal. Nothing goes on at all other than downtime for cd's. Then again I find kj to be the most repetetive figh, with no difficulti. Nothing difficult goes on, the entire last phase can be dealt with by orb kiter.

Wouldn't surprise me if they make the following abilities more forgiving for PuGs/lower ilvl players:
    - Hydra shot (Mistress), 2 instead of 3 shots
    - Higher knockup on bombs to increase the 1 second window you have currently to jump (Maiden)
    - From what I heard there are complaints about KJ's melee attacks

Personally found the first 6 bosses to be well balanced for HC.
    Maiden seems a bit rough.

Haven't seen Avatar/KJ yet.

The Fog of War is one of the worst things I have played in this game. At least give SOME indication as to where he is instead of flailing around like idiots in the dark.

I fully expect maiden of vigilance to have its mechanic changed so the splash effect from taking wrong ball is removed. It feels like its to punishing for a heroic encounter if one guy failing wipes the raid.
    Dmg from missing a soak of Armageddon on kiljaeden is also probboly gonna be nerfed so its not a guaranteed wipe if you miss one pool.
    They might nerf the amount of debuffs going out on avatar aswell. but dunno, its not a oneshot mechanic if you fail so mby not.

Quote Originally Posted by dmon83 View Post
    The Fog of War is one of the worst things I have played in this game. At least give SOME indication as to where he is instead of flailing around like idiots in the dark.
    Alternatively... you can make a strategy for this mechanic instead of flailing around in the dark? He always spawns at an edge. Or... just Track him?

Quote Originally Posted by Squishei View Post
    Alternatively... you can make a strategy for this mechanic instead of flailing around in the dark? He always spawns at an edge. Or... just Track him?
    You can grip the adds to the middle before the fog goes up, and you can stun them without the buff. Hunters/Ferals can track him. Asmongold already got the achievement for killing the boss without a single add getting a cast off in that phase.

Also, Avatar needs a massive buff in normal. We weren't even doing it well and we hit 20% upstairs. Chaos doesn't even require movement. It's just a big training dummy on normal. At the very least the DPS check should be higher if the mechanics aren't going to matter as much as they do on heroic.

Imo he's not that bad of a fight, he's just really overtuned compared to any other boss in the raid. His mechanics come out too often at the same time of other mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I don't see a problem with any of them, but things always get changed one way or another. I was a bit surprised to see the need to immune soak in normal on KJ, normally that is reserved for heroic and above. So if I had to guess they would remove anything it would be that.
    You don't have to immune soak on normal.